“Pasta Prego !!!”
Review of Luna de Plata

Luna de Plata
Ranked #14 of 83 Restaurants in Mahahual
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Luna de Plata · Restaurant, where you can drink a cappuccino looking at the caribbean sea... or take a walk under the moon... or to have dinner at the beach with your friends and a bottle of delicious wine. All of this, and more, is Luna de Plata the most important restaurant in Costa Maya.
Reviewed 11 March 2017

Was in Mahaual last Monday and most restaurants were closed for a well deserved break .....Thought we would go slightly out of town on the south Malecon to Luna da Plata ....Sooooo Glad we did ..!!! The restaurant is a vibrant rustic room cooled by the ocean breeze...Piacevole..!!!! Beautiful to the rest of us ...lol...The pasta dishes were amazing !!! Carbonara they way it should be made so simple and tasty with the egg cheese and pancetta and Spinach and ricotta ravioli was light and fluffy served with a simple tomato sauce ....Spaghetti amatriciana ....Excellent ...squeezing all the flavour out of the simple ingredients as only the Italians can do ..Also served with the pasta was homemade bread along with garlic butter (could have spoon fed that to me )and oil and balsamic .So sad we hadn't discovered this earlier in the trip as we could have ate there every night . Service was charming and very efficient . Prices were excellent for the amount of food ....Now that's AMORE...

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

My wife, grandson and I truly enjoyed our meal last night. Not speaking Spanish, we placed ourselves in our waiters hands. He suggested the Carpaccio - my spelling may be incorrect but the dish was an excellent starter for good conversation and laughter. For those not familiar, think "build your own bruschetta" from the cubed tomatoes, paper thin slices of onion, octopus and black olives. Pile it as high as your mouth will open wide and enjoy!

For our main course, my wife was put off by the reaching in and picking out of all of us, from the same platter, this was not true of the cave men who came to eat with her. There was calamari in a red sauce and shrimps aplenty, a well prepared half white fish fillet, fried tomatoes and wedges of potatoes. All in all an excellent dish which my grandson and I thoroughly enjoyed, not to belabour the point - it truly was "finger licking good"

Go, Eat, Enjoy the beach - a bit out of the way South of the Malecon, just follow the road after the Malecon ends. It is worth the walk. You will not leave the table hungry, I guarantee it.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Italian-themed restaurant across the boardwalk from the water with an excellent view in a quiet part of Mahahual (south of the more crowded part). They have a mixed seafood special for a minimum of two people that is terrific and reasonably priced. And their pina coladas are excellent too. My wife and I recommend it highly.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Luna de Plata is nice place for either a romantic dinner or a fun dinner with the family. Great pizza and pasta with nice view of the water.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

They have two nice locations. I went to the hotel in the "town" just in front of the beach. Awesome place, pretty comfortable and food is excellent. Did not have the chance to see the rooms, but by looking all the attentions and amenities, I guess they are pretty awesome. Pizza is fantastic and salads are great as well.