27 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$421
Reviews (5 859)
5 859 results
4 662
4 662
All reviews royal pool la boheme lobster private pool royal section helios restaurant cabaret show grand palladium bali beds other resorts butler service zentropia spa travel club the salt water pool cart service cart drivers palladium group
Selected filters
37 - 42 of 5 859 reviews
Reviewed 28 January 2021

My husband and I have traveled to the Caribbean/Mexico and US (Hawaii, Alaska, Grand Canyon) destinations over the last 37 years and we always say there are too many places to see, why go to the same place twice. After our stay at TRS Yucatan we decided we could nix that idea and come here again. We went with two other couples and had a fantastic time. The resort is big and spread out but there are always carts to get you where you need to go. Carlos was so helpful and if we knew a time (dinner) that we would need a ride, he would be there. But if you want to get your steps in, as some in our group wanted - the paths are well lit the flora and fauna make for a nice walk. Although we requested buildings 63 and 64 we were all not able to get them but my husband and I changed from 62 to 64 (thank you Carlos at check-in for making the change so simply) because we heard the pools (we had a suite with pool) in those building go the most sun. Unfortunately the pool never really warmed up during our stay so I wouldn't say it was worth the cost. Maybe in the later months but there is so much pretty vegetation and trees, not sure if they ever get really warm. I loved the spaciousness of the room (6406). Having a living room area was a nice addition to having a typical hotel room. Only issue is the lighting - I had read that in other reviews and thought -"that's a little picky" but I now agree. The light switches are touch so it's hard to touch the right way to get lights on - I know, sounds stupid but it's just weird - never did learn how to turn on one area and not another. And it's really not bright enough. The living room area is plenty bright enough but the bathroom/sleeping area is dim. And the cool thing about having the living room area is you can close it off so one person can be in the living room area while the other person is sleeping BUT the light for the living room area turns on one bright light in the bathroom/sleeping area. Small detail but just didn't make a lot of sense. And if that's all we could find to complain about - pretty insignificant issue.
The absolute best part were the people. Our "butler" but like I told her - she was our friend was AMAZING! Jessica - from the moment we got there she made our life so easy. I don't really need someone to get me a drink or food. I need someone to help me through the "getting to know how this resort works". How many times we have called the wrong person for something or can't get through. Jessica took care of those kind of details. I had read in a review you could get a fan in your room. The first night it was a bit warm for me and so I asked Jessica. That night I was sleeping with a fan blowing. Our group enjoyed sitting in the hottub at a previous resort so when we got here we asked and Jessica had us booked to use the spa hot tube that night. She figured out restaurants to eat at (they aren't all open) and booked them for our preferred time. And I think most of all she was just a kind person. We spent time getting to know her and she will be someone I will always remember. As far as food/restaurants go. We were kind of surprised by Helios. We went there for dinner the first night and then for breakfast. Obviously the buffets are done differently, with individualized portions placed out for you to pick up. So things that are supposed to be warm are on a warming plate but because they are in their own plate they are really warm - ex waffles etc. So if you go to Helios best to order ala carte. We ended up at La Dala's because their buffet was more like the traditional buffet. The pancakes, waffles, omelettes are cooked to order with the other items served to you by a staff member. But once again it was the staff that made La Dala's our preferred place to eat both for breakfast and lunch. Estefanna started our day perfectly. Once again, so kind, and even though everyone has a mask - I knew she was always smiling. We had wonderful conversations with her. And she learned that we all wanted water, and who wanted a pepsi, diet pepsi, iced tea, lemonade and 7 Up and as we walked in our table was ready. We will miss her too. We loved the infinity pool esp as later on in the week it go warmer. The lounge chairs are soooooo comfortable and because of the low occupancy we were able to get them along with a bali bed. Cosme who works around the pool was the best. He would offer to get our towels and if we got them ahead of time, he would get extras because "the covers on the lounge chairs might be hot". We had a situation with getting food at the pool. And it was dealt with in a positive and appropriate manner and Arianna was so sweet in dealing with something that could have been an issue. One night we got room service for all 6 of us and in came 27 plates. The gentlemen who delivered must have thought we were crazy but we all laughed and enjoyed our in room party. We found the TRS Beach and I would def recommend taking a cart down there. There is a bar, bathroom, towell building and a section designated for TRS guests with Bali beds and cushioned lounge chairs. There is plenty of shade but the beach is open to the sun and it's just beautiful - make the trip down there - It's in the Kantenah section which was closed so there weren't many people there. We walked the beach and we saw the Water Park - I didn't see any kids using it but it looks like a lot of fun for kids. I know some don't prefer the animals but oh my goodness the Coati's are the cutest. I was on my porch section and one showed up so yes, I fed him some potato chips - I had to and he just walked closer on his back to legs and raised his front legs as if to say - "if I look cute will you give me more". The flamingos are beautiful, the blue birds- stunning and who can't love the iguanas. So besides the beautiful pools, beach, landscaping, food, really our one reason for possibly choosing TRS Yucatan for our 5th Annual Friends Vacay, will be the people. Thank you for making our time together so wonderful!

Room tip: Building 67 and 68 would have the best ocean view.
Date of stay: January 2021
Kenia Rodriguez, Atención al huésped/Recepción at TRS Yucatan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear KimBJ83,

We sincerely appreciate taking this time to let us know your detailed comments about your recent experience at TRS Yucatan Hotel.

Hospitality is one of our strengths, because we have a wonderful team that from the moment you arrive, welcomes you like family, we are very satisfied to know that you noticed the genuine friendliness of all our staff, especially in the service received from Carlos, Jessica, Estefanía, Ariana y Cosme.

We will let the people you’ve mentioned here know that you took the time to praise their efforts; we are all very excited to know that you would return and can’t wait to welcome you again.

Reviewed 27 January 2021

When arriving the lobby was nice it made you feel like you were staying in luxury. We had the room with a private pool which was nice and spacious and very up to date. This hotel was one of the nicer hotels Ive stayed in. The butlers were very nice especially Mariama. Our room was right by the infinity pool which was great. I enjoyed the food especially at the buffet (La Dalia) and the Italian restaurant. I do think that on the weekends all the restaurants should be open. My only issue is that the some parts of the hotel on the other side had animals (agouti) in the outdoor/indoor restaurants. They didn't bother us but I don't want to see any animals. Other than that I would give this hotel a A+ rating and I will be coming back in the future.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kenia Rodriguez, Atención al huésped/Recepción at TRS Yucatan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2021

Dear -mellymel00,

Thank you for your valuable time that you have invested to let us know about your recent birthday experience at TRS Yucatan Hotel.

We are really glad to learn that you had a memorable stay, and we were able to exceed your expectations.

Everyone in our great team, including Mariana, will be looking forward to your return, when your plans allow you to enjoy again a vacation in this beautiful destination.

Reviewed 27 January 2021

This was our 2nd time at TRS Yucatan and it will not be our last! While it is the furthest property in the Grand Palladium complex from the beach, it is well worth the walk/short cart ride to the beach front in order to have the staff and services provided at the TRS section. The infinity and saltwater pools offered astounding views of the beautiful sea, encompassed in a laid-back atmosphere with some of the best bartenders around. The drinks are not "watered down" like at other resorts, and the liquor was all great quality. You felt able to ask any staff member for assistance and they were more than prompt to cater to your every need. This place made me feel so pampered! Jorge at Helios was always prompt and would remember our drink orders for breakfast and lunch without even asking. And Paola and Marianna were blessings as our butlers, they took care of everything!! Benjamin was a blast to converse with at the Infinity pool (I highly recommend his tequila tasting class). I love that you can "hop" to the other resorts within the Grand Palladium complex, because we haven't been to a restaurant we haven't absolutely been blown away by in the entire complex. The only sad part about Covid right now was that the local vendors were not able to sell on the beach and we had to resort to the gift shop for souvenirs this time. But there is always next time! Please book with TRS, you will not be disappointed!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mrs. AmandaDycus,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a lovely review, about your second experience at TRS Yucatan Hotel.

We appreciate this wonderful feedback. It is truly a joy for us to learn about all that you enjoyed at the resort.

On behalf of each member of our team, it will be an honor to continue being your preferred resort on your next return to the beautiful Mexican Caribbean, where we will be delighted to return to assist you.

Reviewed 25 January 2021 via mobile

We spent 5days and 4nights at the TRS Adults only and it was nothing short of amazing. From the incredible staff Jessica who was our own personalized butler (but felt more like a friend); to the supervisor Betty who made sure we were well taken care of and our needs were met. It was my boyfriend’s birthday and they went out of their way to decorate our room and made him feel extra special! We will definitely be back again! xoxo

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kenia Rodriguez, Atención al huésped/Recepción at TRS Yucatan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2021

Dear dainalamb,

Thank you for making us your chosen holiday destination and for taking part of your time to share your comment.

We will send your positive comments to our team, especially to Jessica and Betty they will be very happy to hear it.

Our purpose is to offer dream stays and keep winning fans of our Hotel, so it is great to know the wishes you have to visit us again. We look forward to your return to TRS!

Reviewed 25 January 2021

We a really just about to end our trip to TRS Yucatán on January 2021. We considered canceling our trip because of th e new covid travel restrictions and general health concerns during these times. We are SO GLAD that we didn’t!!! TRS has been so attentive to our every need. They made us feel safe and we’re very accommodating. We’re coming back on the first day of the new testing mandates. They have provided free Covid testing on site with same day results! We booked a room with a private pool in case the pools were packed but they have been very few people at any pool. We even had the infinity pool all to ourselves in the evening. I can’t begin to tell you how kind and caring everyone has been. Our private butler Erick has tended to our every need and he is is just a text message away. The golf carts are readily available to take us anywhere around all the Palladium resorts and restaurants available. The spa was also amazing. We will definitely be returning to Palladium resorts. This was just what we needed! Book the trip already you won’t regret it!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Walynfam,

Thank you very much for transmitting your full satisfaction of your recent visit to our TRS Yucatan Hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and that the service has seemed incredible. It was a great pleasure for our entire team to have the opportunity to take care of you.

TRS Yucatan, is already your second home in the Mexican Caribbean.