Reviews (3 394)
3 394 results
1 903
1 903
All reviews ribs the salt water pool fish colonial pool el dorado punta emilia a la carte restaurants travel club adult pool junior suite beach bar colonial buffet kids club riviera section segway tour colonial kantenah pirate show
48 - 53 of 3 394 reviews
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

This was our 5th time to Mexico but our first stay at the White Sands and what a beautiful resort it is from the moment you walk into the lobby the views are beautiful. It is a big resort but easy to find your way around and so relaxing.
We ate in all the restaurant apart from the fish restaurant and the meals and service were lovely the cowboy steak is a must in the steak house. One of our favourite places to go through the day was the sports bar brilliant for a quick pint and chicken wings, Maria who was one of the waitress in there was brilliant and made sure you never had a empty glass !
One of our favourite things about the place was no matter what time you got round the pool there was always plenty of beds and umbrellas and there isn’t a bad spot , also Leonardo who worked round the white sands pool was so friendly and always had a smile on his face when he brought your favourite cocktail!!
Would I go back ..... definitely

7  Thank Lisa O
RosaR3270, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for selecting our Grand Palladium White Sand for your 5th visit to México!

We are delighted to read that during your holiday you could relax pool with Leonardo keeping you well hydrated, enjoy the excellent dining experiences you had in our restaurants, the fantastic moments at the sports bar with María as your great server and many more memories that you took home.

It is wonderful that we made such a great impression on you and that you'll be staying with us on your next visit to the beautiful Riviera Maya, we trust your next Mexican holidays in our Hotel will be more and more incredible with each visit.

Best regards from all the Palladium family,

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Just returned home from a wonderful holiday at White sands.
On arrival were greeted to drinks and hot flannels.
We were in block 56 convenient for the beautiful pool which was never overcrowded and have to give a big thumbs up to Leonardo who completely took care of me with poolside drinks and a big smile.
We ate in many of the restaurants and I particularly loved the steak restaurant and of course the Japanese which was a great experience.
We ate a lot( literally) in la Dalia and we're greeted mainly by Hannia with her wonderful friendliness, she even got me saying my room number in Spanish . I have to also thank Estefana who provided the biggest hug when I was leaving. Also to the young 18 year old Enrique who deserves recognition for the service with a huge smile.
Most of the entertainment was at the colonial hotel with plenty of transport arranged from hotel to hotel.
My only negativity to the entertainment was that it was the same each week and I feel a 2 week rotation would have worked better.
The seaweed on the beach is clearly an issue but to no fault of the hotel as they work tirelessly to clear it.
The livelier part of the complex is the colonial which I would recommend if you have children who like to be involved in activities.
I was grateful to have been at the White sands personally as you had the options of relaxing by an uncrowded pool but could join in if you wanted.

I absolutely fell in love with Mexico and it's people.

I hope to return, thank you all.

3  Thank Marie T
Rosa R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear Marie,

Thank you for allowing us to be your hosts during your visit to México!

We are very pleased to know that form the moment you arrived you felt pampered by the hospitality of our people and that Leonardo, Hannia and many other have gone beyond to ensure your satisfactions during your stay.

We will be sharing your compliment with all the team and your suggestions regarding the entertainment activities with our Directive team, is your opinion that helps us to continue in the right path to achieve the perfect holiday experience that we aim to offer.

It will be our pleasure to continue making you fall in love with our beautiful paradise, please do not hesitate to contact us when you decide to visit again the Riviera Maya.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

We stayed in the White Sands for 14 nights with our two teenage sons (12 & 15 y/o) August 18 and had two rooms next to each other.

The experience was mixed, and marred by the theft of my phone, but here are my positives and negatives.

Positives;

Restaurants & food & drink
The restaurants are great and we ate in an a la carte every night. The majority of time we just walked up and they had a table for us but on a couple of occasions there was a wait but it was never a problem as we either went to another restaurant, or ordered a drink, as it was never more then 30 mins.

The food is great here and we had excellent meals through the trip. On occasion the food could have been hotter but that’s a minor gripe as the quality was excellent and the wine was really good too.

My wife is Vegetarian (no fish) so sometimes we struggle but not here, there was always a veggie option and on top of this if we mentioned this when we arrived we would be greeted by the chef who would make whatever she wanted. A great touch.

All of the restaurant and bar staff were really friendly and genuinely couldn’t do enough. A highlight for us.

Drinks were great and you have the full choice of top shelf sprits if you choose.

Wildlife
There is wildlife everywhere and we loved this about the hotel.

Getting around
As people have pointed out, it’s a big resort, but there is always a buggy / train just around the corner and if you don’t want to walk you will only wait 5 mins. It’s only a 10-15 minute walk from end to end so it was never really an issue.

Sports center
Every night our boys would go for an organised football tournament at 6pm and then join us afterwards for dinner. Perfect for a family with teenage boys!

Pool activities & daytime animation team
They work tirelessly to provide activities but never pressurise the guests so you can involved as much as you want to or not.

Entertainment
We cant comment on the shows as we didn’t watch them but we really enjoyed the talented artists who would regularly play at the beach and in the lobby bars. We are in our 40’s and the music was perfect as lots of it was from our era.

Unfortunately, there were some negatives…

Rooms
The first room we were given smelt of damp and had water (lots of it) trapped in the ceiling running onto the floor making it unusable. When we asked to move (with rooms next to each other) the only choice we had was to move to a temporary room and then move again the next day when the room came available at 3pm. Not ideal when you just want to unpack and relax.

The staff just don’t understand the urgency of sorting this out and how frustrating it is to have to unpack and pack again.

Phone stolen
On the fourth day I had left my phone on the table next to a lounger by the pool while we went for a swim. When I came back it was gone and had been switched off so it couldn’t be tracked.

You could argue that I shouldn’t have left it out but it’s a ‘five star’ resort and everybody did.. It’s a holiday and the last thing I would expect would be a guest or a hotel worker to take it… but they did (for the last 2 weeks I have been texts from a number trying to unlock my apple ID).

The hotels response to this was really poor, they don’t care. The first time I reported it (in the Colonial lobby) I was patronised “what some people do is go and check where they might have left it” … Do they really believe I am that stupid to not have done this? No report was taken although they took my room number.

When we got back to the White Sands lobby I asked at guest services had there been any sign of it. At this point they asked me to fill out a written report. Why didn’t this happen the first time?

There was zero empathy or help which really damaged my opinion of the resort. A simple “sorry to hear that is there anything we can do to help” would have gone a long way but it never came and we heard nothing more.

A couple of days later we were approached in the lobby from someone from the Travel Club who was keen to get feedback from us on our stay. We told him of our phone experience and he seemed genuinely empathetic, telling us he would escalate it to the management… I should have known he wouldn’t as he never took our room number or name!!

Infuriatingly he just used our misfortune as an excuse to get us along to the ‘sales breakfast’ to give us a presentation on the benefits of the Travel Club. Very poor.

Water sports
We chose this hotel as it advertised lots of inclusive water sports but the experience there is a very poor one. We didn’t pay for any trips or scuba so I cant comment on this but the guys who look after the ‘all inclusive’ water-sports desk barely look up from their phones let alone smile. I genuinely think there is lack of friendliness is to ensure you don’t bother them.

Every time you want to rent something you need ID – Why? Knowing there are thefts in the hotel I don’t want to bring my passport or drivers licence to the beach. I have a wristband, reception took our ID on arrival… that should be enough. Its just another hassle that makes you not bother.

I paid for a 30minute sailing lesson for the boys that only lasted 15minutes, it’s no wonder that when they went out next time (on a boat with a broken rudder) they struggled.

Beach
Unfortunately for the hotel the beach during our stay was spoilt by seaweed. The hotel does all they can but for the first 6 days of the trip the seaweed meant the beach was only usable if you could put up with the smell.

I guess that we were unlucky as the seaweed was much better for the second week but I want to enjoy the beach and look out on blue water, not brown waves, trucks and tractors.

It’s a shame as it’s a problem with the area, but it means I wouldn’t take the risk again.

On the whole a mixed experience, and I wouldn’t return unfortunately.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank stevesB3215HV
Rosa R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Steve S,

Thank you for deciding to spend your family holidays in our Hotel.

We are very happy to know that some of the many highlights of your trip were enjoying the great food in our restaurants, because we are very proud to know that our chefs were always attentive with your wife dietary restrictions, cooking delicious meals especially for her.

We are also please to know that you appreciated the attentions received from our staff in restaurants and bars and that you made use of the transportation service around our property when you required it.

It is also fantastic to know that your Boys spent incredible moments, playing football tournaments and participating in the many activities around the pools with our entertainment team.

We regret that your phone was lost in the pool area, as you might know, as in any other establishment, we are not responsible for valuable objects left unattended at public areas, we also want to add that all our staff goes through a review process before entering the hotel and also upon departure; in the end we also felt the end we also felt frustrated when your phone was not found.

On the other hand, we truly apologize for the incidents presented in your room, for the service you received from the aquatic sports staff and the Travel Club staff, we continue working with each department to improve our service and your observations will help us to ensure other clients to not experience the same treatment that sadly you encountered.

As you mentioned, our staff cleans the beach every day, the seaweed is a natural phenomenon that affects the Riviera Maya, it is seasonal, most days our beach is very beautiful.

We wish to have the opportunity to host you on your next visit to the beautiful Mayan paradise, to pamper you with your family and exceed all your expectations.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 September 2018

Just returned from a 14 day holiday and was really impressed with the Grand Palladium White Sands and its staff. Stunning hotel set amongst the Mangroves which is maintained to a high standard.

We stayed on a junior suite which was cleaned daily with fresh towels and bed linen. Minibar was stocked with bottled water, soft drinks and beer which was also replenished daily.

We used the pool at the white sands which was spotlessly clean and a little less busy than the colonial. Have to say a special thank you to the Pop team - in particular Glen, Benjamin, Oswaldo and Mauricio who kept us entertained daily. Absolutely fantastic staff and really made our holiday.

We had breakfast at the buffet restaurant every morning where there was plenty of options from freshly made omelettes to champagne breakfasts. Staff were excellent especially Hannia who greeted us every morning with a gorgeous smile. On an evening we made good use of the a la carte restaurants and especially loved the Brazilian, Rib Room and Japanese teppanyaki . You could only book the Japanese and seafood restaurants in advance all the others were a 5 to 10 minute wait which wasn’t a problem.

Entertainment on an evening was at the Colonial which was a 5 minute walk from our room. If we wanted we could have got one of the golf buggies which we used occasionally but preferred to walk. The shows they put on where very professional with my favourite being the rock night. After the shows finished the pop team put on after parties. Loved the casino night in the lobby and white party down on the beach. Drinks where plentiful and was surprised by all the branded drinks which are not usually part of an all inclusive.

One of the best experiences was with the diving centre. Myself and my daughter did the beginners scuba diving. The instructor was fantastic as my daughter was really struggling with nerves when we got to the dive site and managed to calm her down and eventually loved the dive as we managed to swim with a turtle.

Plenty of harmless wildlife wondering around the grounds. Didn’t really have a problem with mosquitoes as some reviews have stated.

Would definitely return

3  Thank Greendisco2005
Rosa R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Greendisco2005,

Thank you so much for deciding to spend your two weeks of vacation in our Hotel Grand Palladium White Sand with your family!

It was a pleasure to impress you with the outstanding attentions of our staff, especially our Pop team with their great activities and Hannia with her warm welcome at our buffet restaurant, we are also glad to know that you were satisfied with the wide variety of food options and our beautiful surroundings.

It really sond like you made the most of your holidays with your family and we look forward to welcoming you again to continue creating great memories together.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

We have been to this hotel 5 times and in May 2016 became Travel club members. We have had issues with 3 out of our 5 bookings. The sales people are really good, when they are selling you the membership. However when you start using the membership, things go sideways. When they are selling you they say they guarantee you a spot in the hotel as long as you give them 90 days notice, however they only guarantee a week and at one of their locations - so if you want to go to Mexico they cant guarantee a spot there but they can at any of their either locations (e.g. Ibiza, Brazil).

We have made a reservation via email, where I clearly request specific dates, but because the way they booked it (for some reason they split it into three separate reservations when I got the confirmation) one day of the vacation got missed (it was over Christmas) so they almost cut the vacation short and luckily were able to accommodate us, at a price. So we sent in a request for specific dates, they screwed up in their quote by missing the one day, we agreed upon a price. But in the end we had to pay more because of their mistake - and there is just no one you can talk to that has any authority to rectify the matter.

It's always bank errors in their favor.

As I mentioned we have been to this hotel many times, once you get past the booking nightmares, the location, people and services are great. We have noticed recently that they are not as family friendly as they used to be, they have reduced the number of Buffets available and areas where kids are allowed.

Overall a very frustrating experience, because the amenities are quite good (slightly deteriorating for families) but the reservation system is absolutely infuriating.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank 2018JOHANNES
Rosa R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear de 2018JOHANNES,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comment about the booking experience with our Travel Clun team.

We are glad to know that you consider that our Hotel Grand Palladium White Sand offers great services, however, we regret that the difficulties that you have experienced with our reservations department, lead you to write a negative review about our Hotel.

Please accept our apologies for any situation presented, of course your comment has been shared with the Manager of Travel Club and the VLO team for follow up as we want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with the attentions of our Club.

If there is anything that we can do to further assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.