“Perfect stay!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
GoItaly20...
PA
“Lots of drama without any fun”
Reviewed 14 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

my husband and I did not spend the full week at the Lol Ka'Naab condo and there were several reasons for that.

First, we weren't able to use the beach at the Condo. There was thick sea weed in the water which went out from the shore approximately six feet. There were also huge mounds of the sea weed on the beach. No clearance was made to allow us access to the water even though other buildings did clear the sea weed for their guests. I know that no one can control the sea weed coming in to shore but some effort could have been made to clear an area to allow the guests access to the beach. That is the reason I rented a beachfront Condo. When we did walk down the beach to one of the properties that had cleared a path for entry into the water we found the bottom very rocky and not little rocks but big chunks of coral impeding the ability to stand at all. We later found out that was how the whole of Half Moon Bay was.

Second, the pool was not clean. I went in it once and it was dirty as was the water in it. Since the guests weren't able to swim in the sea, it would have been nice to have a clean pool to use.

Third, and the last straw, there was constant construction work the week we were there and I MEAN constant. Monday was annoying but not terrible. However, Tuesday and Wednesday were intolerable. Hammering non-stop all day long. By 5 pm Wednesday we couldn't take it anymore and packed up, gave the manager the key and left.

I wrote to the owner asking for a refund of at least half of the money we paid to compensate us since we did not get what we paid for at all. After a long wait my request was refused with arguments against my assertions which were not, in fact, accurate. Needless to say not what I would call and ideal vacation.

Liked best: the view
Liked least: the noise, the seaweed, the bay's rocky bottom
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
23 Jul 2015
I am sorry that you weren't able to fully enjoy your stay in Akumal Half Moon Bay. I wanted to take this opportunity to respond to the comments made in this review. First I apologize for the length of time it took to provide a final response to your request for a refund after responding to your initial email that same morning. Both I and the property manager were travelling when you emailed me and I wanted to make sure that I received all the details from our property manager before making a decision which is why it took several days for a final response. After getting this information and carefully considering your case with my wife and others we decided that a refund wasn't justified.

The Sargassum (seaweed) has been in abundance for about a year now all up and down the coast of the Rivera Maya. A quick google about it can provide a lot of details. Raking and removing the Sargassum causes beach erosion so our property manager is not removing all of it every day. The Sargassum is maintained though on our property which could be seen by looking at a vacant lot several properties down where there is no maintenance. I am sorry that when you walked a few feet to the next property where there was less Sargassum you didn't enter there. Half moon bay is one of the best places to snorkel, so while the beach itself is a great sand beach, the ocean itself is rocks and coral which is why the snorkeling is so great. The statement that you were unable to go in the ocean is not accurate. There were many people enjoying the ocean during your stay. We were there just a little bit before your stay and just walked a few easy steps through the Sargassum into the ocean for some fantastic snorkeling with an abundance of sea life and truly fantastic coral formations. We strongly feel that walking through a little bit of seaweed is only a minor inconvenience to enjoy the great benefits of half moon bay.

The construction that was heard was not in our building, it was in a neighboring building. If is unfortunate that there was that construction going on in the vicinity of our condo, but something that is out of our control and something that was not related to our property before it began. There were many other people in the condo complex during this time and there were not any others that complained to the property manager.

Our pool is right on the beach just a few steps from the sand. It is one of the only pools on Half Moon Bay. It is extremely difficult for pool filters to keep the pool crystal clear that is in this location after a days use. When we were there just before you, there was a day or two that we noticed a little sand in the pool, but it was far from not being clean an we we enjoyed it every day with our son. I wasn't there to actually see the pool, but without this information or any sort of picture I can only conclude that you had extremely high standards as to the cleanliness of a pool on an active beach.

In the end I am really sorry that you didn't enjoy your vacation. We have given guests full and partial refunds in the past when warranted, but we didn't see anything about your stay that justified a refund. Akmual is a fantastic vacation spot and there are guests that have been coming back year after year with their families. Unfortunately, I just think that Akumal and Half moon bay just wasn't a match for the type of vacation you enjoy.
basset313
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“Perfect stay!”
Reviewed 2 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

I have visited and stayed in Akumal before, but absolutely love this place! View was perfect! Air conditioning worked well for restful sleep. Daily maid service was an added bonus. I would definitely stay here again.

Liked best: view of Moon Bay
Liked least: weeds on shoreline However, this was throughout Riviera Maya this stay.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Snorkelin...
Washington
“Relaxing family vacation”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

Condo is very clean and right on the beach with a pool. People were very friendly.
Unfortunately there were tons of seaweeds washed ashore but once you get pass them the water is clear and warm.
Snorkeling is the favorite pastime. Spotted huge sea turtles and colorful sea life.
We were able to see first hand of hatching of the sea turtles, truly an awesome sight.
Having a car helped to get to all the activities near by but these activities is little costly when you have have family of 4 adults.
Overall it was a great family vacation and would rent the condo again because of comfort and location.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
R Z
Missoula
“Beautiful Well Located Condo”
Reviewed 24 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

Our first trip to Mexico was great starting with our accommodations. The condo was clean and well equipped with a spectacular view from sunup to sundown. We felt very secure and the on sight staff was excellent. Plenty of room and maintained very well. Easy travel to ruins and awesome sights. Groceries and restaurants easily reached. Travel to and from airport was simple. Shopping right in Akumal was great! Will stay here again without a doubt.

dutchy21
amsterdam, netherlands
“brilliant place, beautiful condo”
Reviewed 7 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

Stayed here 5 nights with my family. The apartment is spacious, very clean and beautiful. Big enough for the 4 of us. Kitchen is well equipped. Nice to be able to cook our own meal after 2 weeks of dining out!
Half Moon Bay is a magical place, we watched 2 turtle nests hatch and 1 being made. Right in front of the building live 2 turtles which can been seen from the balcony of the condo. Elio helps preserve the turtles, he does a great job!
Would recommend this apartment very much (actually not because we don't want this beautiful spot being discovered).
Bed were great after all the hard mexicans we had before! Condo gets cleaned every day and wifi worked great.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location, condo itself
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$129
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing