Reviews (11 162)
6 839
2 737
6 839
2 737
All reviews snack bar dolce vita infinity pool a la carte restaurants fish don pablo frutos del mar akumal buffet other resorts butler service akumal section main lobby tulum ruins show table adults only section activities pool cancun airport
261 - 266 of 11 162 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This was our third holiday at this resort, and to be honest it was in terms of rooms, food and service just as enjoyable as ever. Visit as many of the a la carte restaurants as you can, some are better than others but all enjoyable in their own way.
This time we stayed in the Adult only area of the hotel and this is a brilliant addition, not only is there a pool, beach area and a buffet restaurant for lunch and dinner, which were lovely but you get the added addition of that wonderful holiday game of hunt the sunbed with shade. I looked up the definition of the word Luxury and it is ‘ a state of great comfort or elegance, especially when involving great expense’. Now, I cannot and will not fault the hotel on the areas they do well, but I don’t consider it a luxury to sit in the sun all day and burn, nor do I consider it a luxury to get up before the sun to reserve some shade! This is what was required around the pool which had approx 12 gazebo’s and only 6 parasols, one of which broke while we were there. I only counted three at one pool and approx 20 at the main pool, giving approx 30 for the whole hotel. You could go to the beach where there were plenty, and this we did even though the sand made the prickly heat on my feet worse.
I love this hotel, but this is not acceptable in the heat of June, not only for the adults but more especially for the families with young children staying. I complained to our rep, who confirmed that this was one of their highest complaints and to reception, who simply replied there are no more.
I have stayed at B and B and self catering complex’s who understand the need for shade with sun bed/ parasols ratios of two to one, all at a fraction of the price. Please sort this out as it makes me seriously consider a fourth visit and I would suggest it borders on brand damaging for the hotel.
I know we arrived at the end of a bad tropical storm, but even if the argument is put forward that this caused damage, why were there no empty parasol bases around?

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank looby_1961
Management response:Responded 29 June 2018

Dear repeat Guest,

Allow us to thank you for sharing your recent experience with us and choosing our hotel once again to spend your holiday!

It is rewarding for us to know what you spent a wonderful holiday in the resort, as well as for targeting the points we can improve. All your observations are well received and be sure all of them are forwarded to every department in charge in order to apply the proper measures that guarantee the satisfaction of our clients.

Please bear in mind that we are constantly working on maintaining the standards of all our facilities and equipment in order to prevent any inconvenience, so our guests can enjoy their vacations.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us at our email address info.akumal@bahia-principe.com for any assistance.

Our Best regards

Antonio Endres
Online Reputation

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We visited this hotel for the first time at the biguning of June 2018 and we had the time if our lives!!
The hotel was clean, friendly, busy, with lots of entertainment day & nite. The location of the hotel is abit far from the town but is pretty accessible with the mini buses which come frequently just outside the hotel and at a low price, don’t b fooled into having to get a taxi!
The food and service at the hotel were amazing, we ate from the buffet at breakfast and lunch times and booked Al la carte restaurants for 12 put if the 14 days which is pretty amazing, our favorite was definatly The Arliquin, The tepinake and The fish restaurant in Akalum.
What also made our holiday that little bit more special was the butler service. Our butler was Alex and there was nothing he wouldn’t do for us. He booked restaurants, gave us lifts when it was raining on if we was unsure about where we was going, changed reservations, and generally made us feel safe. He checked that we were ok on every one of his shifts and if we needed anything he’d sort it. He was always at the end if the phone and if he wasn’t he would always return our calls. I’m not sure if all the butlers offered the same service but I feel we got lucky with ours and he sort of brcane our friend in a professional way of course!
The down points for me on this holiday was that the tv in the rooms cut out after 10 mins of watching them, and u can never get to the end of a program!
The entertainment finished abit early in the evenings.. 12pm would b much better!
There wSnt enough sun shades around the pools and u had to get up mega early to get a decent sun lounger!!
Other than that it’s an amazing place, well worth the money and I cannot wait to go again!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chellet364

Dear Guest,

First of all, we want to thank you for your comments and positive feedback regarding our hotel and services, it was a pleasure to welcome you and we truly hope our services have being up to your expectations.

Thank you for sharing your timely observations regarding the better options for some travellers, be sure that we endeavor to take care of all kind of guests and make them feel comfortable.

We hope you come back as soon as possible that we believe will be even better. Please do not hesitate to contact us at our email address info.akumal@bahia-principe.com before your arrival date or for any information you need regarding your future visit.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I want to start with if you're stuck on which hotel to pick out of Coba, Tulum and Akumal - then choose Akumal. My boyfriend ate at both other restaurants and said by far our buffet was the best. And when it rains the other 2 lobbies are a lot busier, its ridiculous. And with Akumal you get to use all 4 hotel amenities. Plus the Akumal beach is better - less seaweed.

I emailed prior to the visit to request a kingsized bed, a room close to the lobby and not on the ground floor and some anniversary decs. All were done for us (I was a little surprised because a saw many reviews that said their requests weren't met). We stayed in villa 53 and room 5326 - third floor and right in the corner. The room was spacious and clean, mini fridge was stocked everyday and the maid cleaned it very well. I was very impressed with the room. Very close to the lobby and was still a peaceful location.

The food at the buffet was nice, always something I liked. Although didn't change that much. Would have been nice to have more Mexican food on offer. Every single day there was your guaranteed American food which would of been fab to change to a different nationality. For a few days I had an a bad stomach so a bit weary of food temp. Drinks were good, too much ice. Always ask for specific spirits as we always asked for vodka and they gave us cheap crap - so always had to mention to use Absolute or Smirnoff.

For the A La Cartes we ate at Dolce Vita, the Brazilian and both Mexicans. When I say both Mexicans we turned up to the second one on our last night and realised they had the exact same menus as the other so don't bother booking twice. We left before ordering. Bit of a cop out really and don't have much to offer. Dolce Vita we ordered the Lasagne which come out before our drinks and tasted gross. It had obviously been warmed up in the microwave and was all mushy. The Brazilian was really good. I'm not really into red meats and I'm quite fussy but they had everything and even converted me to a red meat eater. Pedro the waiter was lovely and deserves a mention.

Pool was always clean. They had a live band playing one day which was a nice change. We had to put towels down to either guarantee a parasol or tree shade as there is barely any. Why they haven't sorted this issue out already I don't know seeing as they've had so many complaints.

The evening entertainment was bleek, for a young couple (23&24) we were pretty bored most nights. We're used to going to a bar to dance and etc but they only had the nightclub and well... the music wasn't great. So we just had to sit and watch Elvis impersonators. I guess good for families and older couples but not young.

It was a lovely holiday and the Mexican people are so friendly and there's nothing they won't do for you. I would recommend going but take my points into consideration.

Room Tip: Room 5362 - on top floor and has king sized bed. Also close to the lobby so no need to get busses around.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Georgia C

Dear Guest:

First of all I would like to thank you for your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel resort. It will certainly help us to keep focus on customer satisfaction and fulfillment of our hotel standards.

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our services, the pools, the beach, the food, the brazilian restaurant, the service and our facility.

Regarding the situation described, all your observations have been forwarded to the General Management of the resort as the guests satisfaction is our priority and rest assured we will be constantly striving to the excellence in our services.

Your opinion is really important for us to keep the quality in our services at the hotel, thank you for share your point of view.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you in the future as we believe you will enjoy our new services.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us at our email address info.akumal@bahia-principe.com

Sending you our best regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Just finishing my 2 week holiday with my wife and 5 year old daughter Emelia and we have had a good holiday.

First 5 days we had there was tropical storm and rained constant but nothing the hotel can do about that.

We were given a perfect room, very clean, great spot on the beach close to everything and the room was cleaned well every day and the minibar filled every day also.

All restaurants are very nice, we like the Akumal buffet best compared to others like coba and tulum but our favourite was Le Gourmet, nice filet steak and epic flambé.

Pool areas all good and plenty of beds but the big let down was lack of shade and no pool side toilets.

Our days were packed with plenty of activities and the Animation team was great, but would like to give a big shout out to Mr Abs (Memu) and also the funniest chap in Mexico (Ruben), these guys were great with the kids and brought a lot of energy all day every day.

Highly recommend this resort, Akumal for me is far better than some of the other hotels here.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank John F

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection and for taking the time to share your recent stay with us.

It is great to know that you really had a good time with us and you are coming back to enjoy your vacations. It is a real pleasure to read your kind words, it is wonderful to now you could enjoy your holidays. This is our motivation to continue exceeding our guests’ expectations.

We hope you come back as soon as possible that we believe will be even better. Please do not hesitate to contact us before your arrival date or for any information you need regarding your future visit.

Best Regards.

Grand Bahia Principe Akumal

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We booked 2 rooms from Jun 22/25. Upon arrival, we learned that check-in was after 3:00PM. However, Alicia at front desk helped us way before time. I asked for an upgrade and she got us 2 rooms at the Adults Only section of the resort, in Villa 83. Very nice rooms, with plenty of space. She was very helpful indeed!
also at the Villa, Diego (I think he was the Villa's concierge) was extremely helpful with daily stuff and making sure all our requests were taken care of. He also sent to the room a nice bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries!
Alicia and Diego really need to be commended for their good work and dedication.
Overall, a very pleasant stay. We visit Mexico at least 7 times every year, and intend to go back to the B. P. Akumal.

Room Tip: If travelling without kids, request to stay at the Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal, Adults Only Section.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gustavo_Pereyra

Dear guest,

First of all thank you very much for staying in the Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Resort and taking the time to write your positive impressions.

It is for guests like you that our resort remains one of the most appreciated hotels in the Riviera Maya. Our mission is to exceed our guest´s expectations and we are glad to know that we accomplished this goal with you.

Thank you for appreciating of all the services!

We will be more than happy if you chose us again as your holiday destination.

Our best regards from the Mexican Caribbean!