Reviews (1 932)
1 932 results
1 607
1 607
All reviews local host quiet pool room service spa treatments dinner reservations signature massage brick oven pizza in room dining swim up room ocean front volcanic stone legendary members la escondida the mexican restaurant all inclusive resort filet pool servers
326 - 331 of 1 932 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Right from the arrival to the resort, the staff took fabulous care of any and all needs. The Unico 2087 has so many extras with the inclusive options of Spa, Golf and tours...and only having to pay the small 20% surcharge, a wonderful to fully immerse yourself in the destination and the experience. The food was amazing and the rooms awesome...comfortable and having the snacks and stocked mini-bar, there is nothing to want. I would recommend this resort to anyone and would go back in a heartbeat! Thanks again to all the great staff...Mary and Armando around the pool, Jaime the local host and all the wonderful staff at the restaurants we visited too! Can't forget to advise how wonderful the spa treatments were too....a must while staying at Unico 2087.

Room Tip: If you want ocean view ....book the ocean view and request higher floor lever. I was on the fourth floor and had fabulous views.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Fernando_Garcia2087, General Manager at UNICO 20°N 87° Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Dear RandeneBank,

It gives us great satisfaction to learn that since your arrival our wonderful Staff took fabulous care of you! It is our mission to be immersive and offer memorable moments to our beloved guests!

We will share your warm words with Mary, Armando, and Jaime, who will be thrilled with your recognition.

We are delighted to have met your expectations with our amazing food and rooms! We can’t thank you enough for recommending us.

All of us at UNICO 20°87° look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2018

My wife and I took a trip from a Sunday to a Friday this past March. To start, this resort is incredible. I will start with the bad news first then the good news.

Bad: The local host thing for us was useless. Other couples we spoke with had an exceptional local host. It was impossible to get ahold of ours so we were never able to make dinner reservations or setup excursions. We had to roll the dice each night which I do not mind but we couldn't get into certain restaurants on certain nights. I would rather just do away with the local host and make the reservations ourselves which we were not allowed to do.
The beach was kind of meh. They didn't start service until almost noon on the beach where everywhere we had been before was 9 or earlier. The seaweed was not well cared for.

GOOD: The food first and foremost. Any place you went, from the restaurants to the pool bars to room service was incredible. My wife could not get enough of the room service churros or the shrimp tacos from the lunch buffet. I would just order plates of guac and pico because it was so fresh. All evening restaurant were exceptional but our favorite was the Italian.
The drinks were just incredible as well. High end liquors and different beers to try throughout. Separate bars had separate cocktails. Make sure to try a specialized margarita in the Mexican restaurant.
The service besides the local host were fantastic. From the front desk to the coffee bars we couldn't complain at all.
Two pools, one quiet and one not. The quiet was a heated pool and had a good amount of activity around the bar in the afternoon. Both were a good time.
Nightly entertainment was minimal but we don't care much about that. We day drink and hit dinner and usually call it a night. The main bar is lively in the evening though.
The rooms were fantastic and room service was on point when needing food or drinks.

With the exception of the local host and the beach and beach service needing a few kinks, the resort is the place to go!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James S
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I knew I would love this place from the minute I heard about it last year. We just got back from a 5 day trip at Unico and from the minute we arrived, it was paradise. The welcome drinks were divine. Everyone was so welcoming. Not to mention the design & decor. Minimalist, artistic, cultural, architectural. We stayed on the fourth floor with an ocean view. I believe I screamed when we opened the door because the room was so much more than I expected. Hello slippers, robes, tub on the balcony. Because we were there celebrating my birthday, they had birthday champagne and a present waiting for me in the room. Just so unexpected and wonderful.

The food, I could go on and on about. Pro tip: you can make your dinner reservations before you arrive. Do it. Because we did, we got to eat in every restaurant. Everything was exceptional, fine dining. Even the lunch buffets at 2087 were great and our servers took such good care of us with sushi and drink orders. But my favorite was Cueva Siete. We loved all the food so much that we all kept passing our plates around to try everything. And just when I thought it was over, they came out with cake and sang happy birthday to me. And then the fire coffee? Oh. Yes. You have to get that.

The pools were divine with exceptional service that I have not seen at another all-inclusive. We would start our mornings reading at the quiet pool and by the afternoon, be at the main pool with the swim up bar. Pro tip: come to the Saturday pool party. That's when they bring out the floaties. Pro tip 2: get the mojito. It's now my favorite drink.

There are activities to do and our hotel was at capacity, but it never felt crowded or full because they only have 150 rooms plus it's adult's only. No loud and crazy noise issues at night like other hotels. Lots of peace if you want it.

I will say the one disappointment was the seaweed on the beach. But it wasn't Unico's fault. There was a tropical storm that rolled in right before we came, and it brought all the seaweed up on the beach. But Unico, per their awesome service, was out there every day with tractors working to remove it. In the mean time, we just took a short walk down the beach to where it was easier to get into the water. Not a big deal.

Props to Leo who was our host for the week. And Aby in the Inez Cafe. They took good care of us all week. Pro tip: download the app on your phone. I ordered room service with it and it came early! I also ordered tub preparation at night on the app. Geez, I was in heaven. I got in it every night. Do. It.

As for the spa? You need to do one of the 20% inclusions. If you come an hour before your massage/appointment, you get to do all the spa hydrotherapy services. I felt so pampered and relaxed. It was 100% worth it. I even took a chance and had my hair cut. Monica did a great job, and I am super picky about that stuff.

Usually when I leave a hotel I think, that was good, but I'll find a better place for the next trip. Not this time. Whenever I'm in the Riviera Maya/Cancun, from now on I plan to only stay here. I want to come back as soon as possible. I felt like they got me with the vibe, the foods, the drinks, the smells, the decor. Everything. Thank you, Unico.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher up room to get a good view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rlmlife
Fernando_Garcia2087, Director General at UNICO 20°N 87° Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Greetings Rlmlife,

Let us take this opportunity to thank you for your trust and chose us to celebrate your birthday with us!

Our luxurious reflection of a Modern Mexico aims to achieve a balance between tradition and uniqueness. We are full of joy that we could exceed your expectations with our rooms and design.

We are delighted to read about the attentiveness of our staff and how they ensured your stay was another memorable one, particularly during your special Birthday Dinner!

It makes us feel very happy that despite the natural occurring seaweed, you were able to enjoy the beach.

Thank you very much for your review, the entire team is looking forward to welcoming you again at UNICO 20°87°!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Upon arriving in Cancun and exiting customs and immigration advise travelers not to stop for the people at the desk on the right hand side of the exit. They will claim they are with your transportation company, they are not. They are trying to sale packages. Tell travelers to continue out the doors of the airport then ask the people holding signs for transportation companies where they should go.
We used Best Day Travel and they did a fine job in getting us to/from the resort. The van was shared with other travelers they were comfortable and air conditioned.

Upon arrival to the resort we were greeted by the bellman and ushered inside where we were provided with a cool towel scented with citrus. We were then asked to wait on a comfortable couch while check in was processed. During this wait the lobby bartender brought us their signature drink, Jade. It was a mixture of soda water, cucumber, mint, ginger, and honey. It was cool and refreshing in the heat. Check in was simple and easy, they took a credit card for incidentals. After being checked in we were provided with 4 scented candles and asked which scent would we like in our room daily. The room was not available at that time due to our early arrival. We were escorted to the lunch buffet by our local host Sergio. Before being escorted there was a woman with Legendary travel that wanted to meet with us (this was a time share) We set up a time with her for the following day then we met her and said we would schedule all our spa/excursions through our local host.

Sergio our local host then asked where we would like to eat for the first 4 nights. He provided us with reservations to each restaurant for the first 4 nights. Reservations did not have to be scheduled through the local host they could also be scheduled through the concierges desk.

We had a delicious lunch at the lunch buffet. There were different stations (tacos, sushi, grill station, veggie station, fruit, soups, cold cuts) an extremely large variety. We had a waiter that provided us with drinks. This same location for lunch was also the breakfast buffet and steakhouse in the evenings (20.87). The dress code was causal for breakfast and lunch, most people had their bathing suits on with a cover-up or t-shirt and shorts.

The first night we ate at 20.87 (the steak house). It was delicious. I had the ribeye and my husband had the flank steak. Both dishes had potatoes as the sides. We were then surprised with a Happy Anniversary cake/dessert. They also had desserts you could order off the menu.

The rest of the restaurants:
Mi Carisa (Italian): We ate there two nights. They provided you with a signature cocktail of the day if you wanted then gave you flatbread with balsamic vinegar and olive oil to dip it in. They had a mushroom fillet that was phenomenal. The resort had some of the better quality meats we have had in Mexico. I also got pasta one night and it was delicious. Also, this was available for a sit down breakfast in the mornings if you did not want to do the buffet. Most of the menu items were available at the stations in the morning for breakfast.

Cueva Siete (Mexican): They had someone come around and make you fresh guacamole (it was delicious). Of course they had speciality cocktails (margaritas) available but you could order any drink. They had a variety of dishes from chicken, pork, beef, lamb, duck, etc. Definitely have to get the Mayan Coffee for dessert, it was a show and also delicious.

Mura House (Asian Fusion): They have a sushi bar, teppanyaki tables (where you eat in a group and the cook provides a show), and regular private tables. We did the group table one night to have the hibachi (steak, shrimp, chicken, and scallops) and we did the private table the other night. Both were amazing and the service was phenomenal. They also had speciality cocktails with saki.

Cafe Inez- we didn’t frequent it at all during our stay but I got a serrano ham crostini when we were leaving on our last day, several people would get their coffee, lattes, etc in the morning and desserts at night but we were so full and satisfied with our meals we didn’t want any dessert or anything during the evenings. They had pastries, smoothies, paninis etc during the day.

By the lively pool they had a wood-fire pizza oven and taco stand, that was where we ate lunch at most days because the pizza and tacos were so good! They also had the lunch buffet, poolside service, and beach side service. Each pool had a different menu but you could order from the app and put your lounge chair number if you wanted something from a different pool. The poolside and beachside servers were so on top of everything always bringing waters/cold beer or anything else you requested. At the quiet pool (where we spent most of our time) we had a gentleman named Fernando who didn’t let us go without food or drinks the entire trip! They had a swim up bar at the lively pool and a swim up bar at the quiet pool. The other pool when you first walk into the resort does not have a swim up bar but they have a bar right beside the pool where a ping pong table is available. The first pool also has a infinity pool for “hall of fame” members (timeshare). The lively pool had music and activities most days (had a volleyball and basketball net in the pool) one day they brought a bunch of the fun floats (flamingos floats, rainbow floats etc).

The beach: The beach was really the only disappointment because of all the seaweed. They tried to minimize it with the tractor daily but there was too much of it. We couldn’t get in the water right in-front of the resort because of all the seaweed. We were able to walk down the beach to the left and snorkel. We saw a sting ray and various parrot and angel fishes. The service was awesome on the beach too. As soon as you walked out you had someone put down a towel for you and put up your umbrella. They immediately asked what to drink and provided top notch service.

The room: It was absolutely amazing! One of the nicest rooms we have ever stayed in. Upon arrival they have straw hats provided that you can get painted as one of the activities. We didn’t get ours painted because ours wouldn’t fit our big heads haha. The pictures will probably not do the room justice. They had the most comfortable robes ever, looked to buy them and they were $119! We had a mini-bar with drinks, beer, wine, and snacks filled daily. The bed was comfortable and we were provided with a humidifier. The balcony had a jet tub that was big enough for my husband and I to fit in! They did something special one night and put rose petals on our bed and filled up our tub. It was so nice. You could also request items on the app if you forgot anything. All sorts of toiletries were provided (lotion, body gel, soap, bug spray, hair dryer, (I requested a hair flat iron), q-tips etc.) Room service was provided upon request and you could also order it on the app.

The Spa: We ended up booking the couples massage on the app and we could not have been more pleased. Everyone should get there 1 hr prior to their scheduled massage time to try the hydrotherapy. It was awesome. We were separated to the men and women locker-rooms where we wore our bathing suits. They put you in a sauna and cover your face with a cold washcloth and put cucumbers on your eyes, then you get in the cold jet shower then you go in a steam room (where it was scented with lemon and different aroma therapies), then the ice room, then the jacuzzi, then the cold plunge pool. It was a really neat experience. Then you meet back up with your significant other to have your massage. It was very professional and the spa was extremely nice.

Entertainment:
Bar Balam (Lobby Bar): where everyone gathered for drinks in the evening
Palmera Lounge (Entertainment Bar): had special shows, salsa lessons, bingo etc at night

To sum it all up the food and service were above and beyond right there with Sandals. The only negative thing I have to say was the seaweed on the beach but they said it’s an ongoing problem but the resort and amenities were immaculate. We didn’t do any excursions because everyone we talked to said they were gone the entire day.

Room Tip: higher floors have better views
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Nicole C
Fernando_Garcia2087, Director General at UNICO 20°N 87° Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Nicole C,

We truly appreciate your detailed comments regarding your stay at UNICO 20º 87º.

Your compliments about the on-property restaurants are truly appreciated. Our hotel offers a wealth of carefully executed options for beloved guests like you to closely connect with the culinary innovations of modern Mexican cuisine. We are thrilled that you found all of them delicious, from 20°87°’s lunch buffet, Mi carisa’s mushroom fillet to Café Inez’ serrano ham crostini. We are sure your detailed comments, will be very helpful for future visitors.

Your five-star comment reflects the overall service and product we strive to deliver. We will share your kind words with Sergio and Fernando, who will be very happy to know they were able to create great memories.

We would love to host you again,

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2018

My friend and I stayed at Unico from 6/17-6/23. The hotel and grounds are beautiful. The food is great too! The only bad thing about this hotel is that the beach is covered in seaweed and you could not use the beach or swim there at all. I would have given it a 5 star rating if we could use the beach! This place otherwise is great. Our host Leo was always there for us and very helpful and stopped by the pool everyday or checked in to see if we needed anything. We at one point had to change the first room that they gave us so we talked to Victor one of the managers there and he could not have been more accomodating and nicer!

The pools were great also and the service was amazing. Specially Aldo the pool concierge was super helpful everyday and he also checked in on us. Karina, Mary, Armando and Beatriz by the Unico Pool were so awesome too! They took great care of us! The classes at the pool were fun. The pools could have been cooler but it is Mexico! Menu's at the pool were nice too. There is a pizza and taco bar and also a pool bar that serves like 5 different kinds of Ceviche which was yummy.

The restaurants are great and our favorites were the Japanese which had this amazing grilled edamame and my friend loved their sashimi. The Mexican restaurant was our other favorite. The filet there was great and so was the tableside guacamole!
The Mayan Coffee for dessert was awesome!

There's not a ton of entertainment at night so don't expect much.

The spa was nice my massage was good not great and our mani pedi's were also good not great, I brought my own polish and that helped.

The rooms were really beautiful and comfortable. The baths on the balcony was great and I would suggest an ocean view room as it's great to take a bath and look out at the ocean!. We were in Building #8 which was great!

All in all this is a great resort. The resort is not huge which is also nice because you can get to everything very easy Great food, great service!

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room! Building #8
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank ajetj
Fernando_Garcia2087, Director General at UNICO 20°N 87° Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Greetings ajetj,

We are so happy that you truly enjoyed your stay at UNICO 20°87°.

It was nice to hear that you were treated with nothing but outstanding performance from our Staff! We aim to offer a unique experience and personalized details. We will share your kind words with Victor, Leo, Karina, Aldo, Mary, Armando, and Beatriz, we’re sure it will be a boost for all of them.

We truly appreciate that you enjoyed Cueva Siete and closely connected with the culinary innovations of modern Mexican cuisine and that despite the seaweed you were able to experience great vacation!

Nothing could please us more than having the opportunity to welcome you back.

Warm regards,