All reviews grand oasis beach bar fernando isolated dancing bartender shuttle shows bars mexico buffet
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Terrible! Absolutely terrible! This place is dilapidated and terribly managed. The staff was absolutely no help and a few were borderline rude. I had requested 2 double beds. Got there and we were given and abnormally small king size bed. When I inquired at the desk, I was told that there weren’t any other rooms available. All of which was a flat out lie because there was absolutely NO ONE on that property except for my friend and myself. First two weeks of March are the slow season. The rooms were dirty, paint was peeling off of the walls. There were no windows and no television. Walls had dirt marks and there was a dead bug in our shower. No one offered to help us with our bags and no one gave us any information on how to get to the beach. I travel a lot and don’t require much, but this was not was presented on the Oasis website. It was my friends 40th Birthday and we just wanted to relax in a nice atmosphere. We thought we were getting Beverly Hills and instead we got to ghettos of South Central! Needless to say, we packed up and upgraded to the Sian K’aan which was like a whole other world. Not sure if this is a scheme to get people to upgrade but the Oasis brand should be ashamed of themselves for even advertising this place as a resort.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tina F
OasisHotelResorts, Director General at Oasis Tulum Lite, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time you have taken to share your experience with us. We apologize for the treatment you received. We will train our staff and subject them to constant monitoring in order to ensure a good service, also we will talk with our maintenance department to fix those issues that you mentioned above. On the other hand, we want to let you know that we do not have any scheme to get people to upgrade.

We are truly sorry for the unpleasant experience and we reiterate once again our sincere apologies.
Kind regards

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I just got back from our vacation in Riviera Maya staying at the Oasis Tulum Lite. Before I give you my honest and sincere review, let me just say that my husband loved it. It’s not that I didn’t like it....I “liked” it but I didn’t “love” it.

First off, be prepared that it’s about an hour and a half to two hours from the airport. I was well aware of this so I didn’t mind. Second, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a small building in the Grand Oasis Tulum’s complex. I didn’t understand what this meant when I read the reviews, until I saw it for myself. When the driver takes you into the driveway of the Oasis and the first stop is a small building to the left, THAT’S the Oasis Tulum Lite. We didn’t have much of a choice in staying here because it was through one of those offers where you have to sit through a 90 minute presentation (which really wasn’t all that bad). At the Lite there is a coffee bar in the lobby and an a la carte restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner; the food is pretty good. There is a pool outside which is usually empty. Also, there are about six “hot tubs.” If you truly want to enjoy a hot tub for its heat, don’t go in the hot tub.....it’s brrrrr cold.

The “main” resort is about an 8-minute leisurely-walk. You can request a ride on the golf cart by one of the bellmen or hop on one of the bikes provided by the resort. The walk is pretty and really isn’t bad at all and it is lit at night. I didn’t mind this, in general, but it wasn’t what I was used to as far as resorts go. Sometimes, you just don’t want to walk 4 blocks for a snack or a drink at the bar.

Being guests at the Lite limited us to access a few of the other places at the Grand. We didn’t really mind this as we are not big foodies. We are happy with a decent buffet for all of our meals.

The beach was a bit “dirty” with the amount of sea grass floating in from the water. At 5-Star and 5-Diamond resorts they clean the beaches of the seaweed and sea grass. But we weren’t at a 5-Star or 5-Diamond so what did we care??? There were always beach chairs available and towels as well. The nice thing about the towel situation is I could take as many towels as I wanted and not have to worry about those silly “towel cards” that some resorts have, limiting your towel usage.

To sum up, our room was nice and clean and quiet. The Lite was very quiet with not much action, which we liked. The Grand resort is a walk or a ride, whichever you prefer. The main resort was also pretty quiet. The staff were incredibly nice and accommodating, especially Fernando, the bartender, at the Akeru Beach Bar (remember all the bars and buffet are at the Grand, not the Lite). We had a nice, relaxing vacation. The Oasis Tulum Lite is NOT for everyone, so research the resorts well, not just for its price. I would probably come back to the Oasis Tulum Lite. Mexico is one of my favorite vacation spots because there is something for everyone.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RN_Lilly
OasisHotelResorts, Director General at Oasis Tulum Lite, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time you have taken you share with us such a detalied review. We are delighted you enjoyed our calm and relaxed atmosphere; our rooms and our service. Regardless of all that we want to apologice for the “dirty beach”, is seaweed season and there is nothing we can do to stop it, however, we do work hard to clean the most we can.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back so you can witness the changes we implement on a daily basis.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

We had a very enjoyable stay here and the staff was very attentive. Jesus, the barista and bartender, always had a smile and went out of his way to assist us. Bike riding or walking was a relaxing way to get to the beach, and shuttles were always available. The pool and surronding area at the "Lite" was never crowded, clean, and lounges were comfortable. We enjoyed the small "Bites" restaurant and our wait staff was very good. It was a long trip from the Cancun airport (somewhat due to our arrival time) but our shuttle back was about an hour, which was reasonable.

Stayed: February 2018
2  Thank 49ram49
OasisHotelResorts, Director General at Oasis Tulum Lite, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Guest,

It makes us happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us; relaxing and comfortable are words that we like to see because that means we did a good job taking care of you and your loved ones. Thank you for the time you have taken to share your comments with us, we hope you can come back soon because we will be waiting for you with our arms wide open.

Best Regards
Gerardo Bordoli.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

Lets start by saying the resort it self is beautiful but the rooms at the oasis lite is horrible they smelled like mold and the linen smelled like old musk they barely even cleaned the pool area unless asked the food was undercooked u have to pay for the safe internet which was no good even when paid for same menu everyday I will never go back to this resort again. the staff was decent so that was a blessing.

Stayed: January 2018
3  Thank simes_erica
OasisHotelResorts, Director General at Oasis Tulum Lite, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Dear Erica,

We are truly sorry you had an unpleasant experience during your vacations. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments; this helps us to provide better services in the future.
Also, we will pass this information onto our Housekeeping department so that they can supervise what you mentioned.
We reiterate once again our sincere apologies for any setbacks you experienced and hopefully you can give us another opportunity to welcome you again so we can enhance your perception of our hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Upon arriving at this hotel, it is noticed that there was not a lot of people traffic. Hardly saw anyone except the staff. Most of the people stay in at the Grand Oasis, which is closer to the beach. There was some good things and not so good things about this hotel.

Oasis Tulum Lite room is all white, appears clean, but it was not a relaxing room due to the following: mosquitos flying around; corners of room had spider webs; patio was small with no view of anything, the door was difficult to open - had to lift handle up and push it open then had to pull it hard as you can to make sure it closes; the room will smell like sewer in the early mornings; TV does not have clear picture on any of the channels looks like it needs antenna or something; no shower curtain; shower only gives warm water with hot water knob - you don't even need to turn on the cold water knob; housekeeping came to the room once during the entire stay; adjoining room was unlocked had to tell front desk to get someone lock the adjoining room door; the beds was adequate enough to get some sleep except it can get chilly sleeping under air conditioner which is right over the beds. I did not waste spending any time in the room except to shower and sleep which mean I was out out of the room soon as the stench woke me up and stayed gone until late at night until it was time to go bed.

The hotel grounds were nice and well-maintained. The kids play area had worn out trampoline for bungee jumping; hardly see any other guests using the pool or walking around; the beverages and customer service at the coffee & me shop is okay but the other one at the Grand Oasis is better; Bites restaurant was good for breakfast even though it was long wait for the food; shuttle service from hotel to the Grand Oasis runs pretty regular; other restaurants near the Grand Oasis was okay if you can beat the crowd; the buffet has good variety of foods; the beach is clean and not crowded at all; the young man at the concierge desk at Grand Oasis is big liar and not very helpful at all - go to the front desk and speak to one of the ladies if you have questions about anything.

Overall, the staff was friendly and hotel felt safe. It was not very crowded which was good but it just felt odd not seeing very many people except at buffet restaurant during dinner time. The daily shows are low budget and can be boring. There was only one show I stayed to watch which was the Mexican Show where the performers were dancing. The other shows I had to walk out because it was just corny and boring. Definitely would not stay at this hotel if I was first time visitor because it was not a lively, fun resort like the ones I have been to at other places. Would recommend staying at the Grand Oasis instead of the Oasis Tulum Lite.

Room Tip: Get room at Grand Oasis
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank canyanyday
OasisHotelResorts, Director General at Oasis Tulum Lite, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback of your stay. I am very sorry to read that your room wasn't what you expected, I will send your comments to the House Keeper manager to solve the situation you mentioned.

On the other hand, we are glad that you enjoyed the grounds of our resort and also our restaurant Bites, which by the way is one of our favorites.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcome you back soon,

Best regards,