“AmAziNg TrOpiCaL WonDerLaNd SpRawLiNg w PriVacy...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Studio Bedroom with Trundle Bed
New Fountain and Sunloungers
Akumal Beach across the street from Esperanza
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

French first
Any
Shannon R
“AmAziNg TrOpiCaL WonDerLaNd SpRawLiNg w PriVacy ComFort & ConVeniEnce!”
Reviewed 11 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

I am exploding with positive highlights from this amazing Tropical Private Home that is right in the middle of the BEST place on Earth and owned and surrounded by the bEST people EVER!!

First of all I am in love with Stephanie! from start to finish she was my best friend from High school who just knew what I wanted even before I did!! She was concerned , thoughtful, easy going , considerate trusting, trust worthy and thought about every little detail to make our first trip to Mexico (as a small family) amazing.

This was my first time traveling out of the country (as a family of 4) with 2 very small children and my husband... So needless to say we were a little nervous. Stephanie did not hesitate to make us feel comfortable and help us know we were going to this special place on Earth that was and is perfect for us and would change our lives forever.
Akumal is the perfect paradise! it's safe!!! full of adventure, classy yet down to Earth and surrounded by wonderful sweet kind people that decorated our each & every day with new & exciting experiences!!

Guti , The pool / gardener provided fresh coconuts for us!! every time he was there (which I filled my baby girl's bottle with) he was so nice and couldn't do enough for us! It felt like our uncle was hanging in the back taking care of the property... he is only there every other day or so but he is a delight to be around.
Elias is the night guard and is optional.. He is the sweetest boy and hung out though the night. Akumal is so super safe, so a night guard is NOT necessary!! although Elias became our family from day 1 and often greeted us when we got home from dinner at night .. AT night it gets super dark and the stars hang from the sky like glistening glowing diamonds. The night sky in Akumal is INSANELY beautiful. I have been around but I have never seen anything like this.
My 8 year old son Aden loved Elias and even though they didn't speak the same language they often hung out at night when we got home. He is such a wholesome sweet big brother type dude and a very positive influence on my impressionable 8 year old

Everyone walks around at night with flashlights, it gets so dark but it's so charming & ethereal .Bring glow sticks, fun light up toys & a KITE! these were fun little additions to our trip which I though I was crazy for packing but ended up brightening up our nights and adding a very fun party atmosphere!! We are city people and not so accustomed to such darkness.

it's a 5 min walk to turtle bay cafe (which we ate at every single day for breakfast/lunch (hands down the best bloody mary's) and everything else

Akumal bay is right across the street , jump in & swim with the turtles!
My son, Aden bought a little water proof case from a local store and turned my iPhone into an underwater camera & took videos of sea turtles....it was AWESOME

Mexican food was obviously on our minds but we sure enjoyed Taverna! I'll be writing a separate review for Taverna & Arturo! that place totally ruled!!!! we very much enjoyed having a really delicious gigantic glass of wine by day 3!

We had a lot of adventures while we were in Akumal (chan Chumiyel, Tulum, Yal-Ku, secret denotes, I can go on and on and on and this house and Akumal is definitely directly in the sweet spot!!!! It's comfortable , cozy, airy, surrounded by windows, the beds are comfortable , 2 LARGE bedrooms with king sized beds, plenty of closet / storage space.. what more can you ask for?!!!

. Waking up in the morning was heaven on earth. The birds, swaying palm trees, a view of a gorgeous pool. We saw these cute little creatures that looked like ant eaters (shame on me for not knowing what they are called) just walking around on the property when everything is quiet... You are surrounded by jungle on 3 sides so nature lovers will be thrilled and a 4 minute walk to EVERYTHING.
Coming back to the house after the beach was always SO much fun! the pool area is amazing, sitting outside at night & during the day, all of the open windows.

It is also very cool that the rooms were completely separated from the rest of the house. .It's kind of like having private suites w/ gorgeous mexican tiled bathrooms and an amazing communal area . There was a 3rd bedroom that we almost didn't even go into (but eventually found our way there because the router was in there) There is an amazing outdoor dining area all completely separated which we didn't even use! Coming from NYC it felt like we took a little step back in time, yet still a creative place that had a special feel ... we ate out every night because the restaurants are ALL AMAZING!!

Carlos & Diana were warm & welcoming . Diana will clean for you if you like and Carlos is there for you if you need him, just a phone call away!

Stephanie is an extraordinarily special person that I trusted from the second I interacted with.
Casa Esperanza and Stephanie and all of these people are forever in our hearts and we cannot wait to go back! If you are even the slightest bit hesitant to book this house DONT BE. It does not get better than this !
Thank you guys so much for being responsible for making our first family trip out of the US the best & most memorable trip of our lives so far and we can't wait to see you again!!! we LOVe You guys! MUChas Gracias!!!!

Your age range 35-49
Paolaowen...
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Pure heaven in Akumal”
Reviewed 21 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

We just came for the most enjoyable week in villa Esperanza. First of all, I would like to say how easy, charming and genuinely enjoyable has been all my communication with Stephanie. She is a delight to deal with, always prompt to respond and so through at answering all my questions.

The villa is absolutely stunning, we felt 'at home' from the moment we stepped inside.
The house is beautifully kept, and so so clean..I have a big problem with OCD when it comes to cleanliness, so for me to say that, it takes a lot. Everywhere you look and touch, it's immaculate. Although we always ate lunch and dinner out, there were plenty of cooking utensils and all sorts of saucepans in case you want to cook your own meals.

The two bedrooms overlooking the pool (there are not connected to each other) have both en-suite bathrooms - both are very big and spacious with plenty of wardrobe space. We have 3 daughters (aged 10,7,7) so we weren't quite comfortable with the thought of the eldest one sleeping in the study (room at the front of the house, not connected with the rest of the house), so as Stephanie suggested, we took the bottom trundle bed that is in the study and moved it to one of the bedrooms by the pool and all the 3 girls slept together - even with the trundle bed in the room, there was still plenty of space to move around.
The beds are extremely comfortable with lovely quality sheets. We slept like babies every night, and this is another amazing point about the villa, although it's so central is still so quiet, in the evening you couldn't hear a sound. There is the option of having a night guard to patrol around the house, but we didn't use him as we felt incredibly safe.

The girls loved playing in the pool, many mornings they were there first thing, literally 7.30am and they were already swimming. Oh the joy!!!

My husband and I, enjoyed reading in the patio area by the pool. It's so lovely to sit there and every time you will lift your eyes up from the book, you'll see the lovely garden with beautiful trees and plants and let's not even talk about the most mesmerising starry sky just above us!
My most enjoyable moment of the day was the morning: to wake up with the sounds of all the different birds chirping away was always a nice reminder that you are in a tropical paradise.

As I was saying, the location is incredible, two minutes walk to the beach (beautiful), two supermarkets where we always bought stuff for breakfast and snacks and few local restaurants. We rented the car from Enterprise in Cancun airport and drove straight to Villa Esperanza (took us 1 hour and 30 minutes, very easy road, hwy 307 all the way). We went to see the ruins in Tulum, Coba', went to Ziggy beach in Tulum as Stephanie highly recommended and had a very enjoyable lunch there and spent the afternoon relaxing by the beach: it was heaven. We also went to Playa del Carmen (didn't particular like it, so busy and touristy, Akumal is so much nicer) and Puerto Aventuras. Loved all the beaches, particularly Xpu Ha.

We truly had such a fabulous week, thank you so much Stephanie and Mark for sharing your little bit of heaven with us.

KWCanada1...
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Perfect Home Base”
Reviewed 11 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

From the beginning of our communication, Stephanie made it clear our choice of Casa Esperanza and Akumal for our vacation, would be perfect. She was thorough in her descriptions, gave great advise and everything was as she said it would be.

The house is well appointed and well maintained. It's cleaned thoroughly M,W,F by a lovely lady, and the gardener cares for the gardens and pool throughout the week. The property itself is managed by Carlos who dropped in to see how we were and checked in occasionally without intruding. The beds were comfortable, showers strong, pool refreshing and kitchen well equipped. We loved relaxing by the pool after our outings for the day and enjoyed the quiet of the back garden.

We chose the area so that we could have access to Mayan history, beach, snorkelling, diving and activities as well as restaurants. We rented a car from Enterprise in Cancun (a minivan, so more expensive than usual but we had 5 people - 2 adults and three kids - and gear to cart around). They picked us up from the terminal and took us to the rental. From there, as Stephanie promised, it was a short, straight ride to Playa del Carmen where we could grocery shop. She directed us to a great supermarket and we got what we needed for our breakfasts and lunches. The next 30 mins were also straightforward getting to her place.

Because of the easy viewing of turtles and sting rays, we found the Akumal beach to be really crowded. Having said that, the beauty of being so close at Casa Esperanza meant that we were able to get up the next morning, grab our snorkel gear and visit the turtles before the tours and tourists showed up! For a more quiet snorkel, we went to La Lunita Restaurant a little down the way and had drinks there while the kids snorkelled on the almost deserted beach! It was perfect. We did the same a couple of days later at La Buena Vida (separate reviews for both of these).

We were close enough to Hwy 307 to make all our excursions easy and enjoyed a Tulum excursion followed by zip lining, a Mayan village visit, canoeing and cenote swimming, with Rodratner.com (separate review). We visited a private and lovely underground cenote close by at cenotesantacruz.com which was also amazing (separate review). We went to Isla Mujeres for diving and snorkelling.

With Casa Esperanza being so close to so many great restaurants, we ate out every night for dinner. Our favourites - great suggestions by Stephanie - were Taverna, Lol-Ha, Turtle Bay (Breakfast...yummm!) and La Buena Vida.

If you are like us and not into the whole all inclusive thing, but rather like to explore your environment and make a place your home for a while, Casa Esperanza is the place to do it. We had such a wonderful time (feeling safe all the while, both day and night with local guards in the area all day and at night, Elias, the night watchman, outside keeping watch).

To Stephanie, thank you for providing such a great place for our family to vacation. You and your team truly made it a wonderful holiday. I'm sure we'll be back!

suzjour
Frisco, Texas
“Incredible Experience”
Reviewed 9 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

Casa Esperanza is the most incredible place. Conveniently located to multiple restaurants within walking distance and 1/2 way between Tulum & Playa del Carmen. And you can snorkel with the turtles every day.

The rooms are spacious, beds comfortable, and the area by the pool relaxing. Not to mention the staff is amazing and will be there in a blink of an eye with just a phone call. And if you are concerned about safety in Mexico (especially if you are a group of girls), don't be. The area is safe and to help put your mind at ease, there is a private security guard there every night till morning.

And if you want to rent a car, don't wait in line forever the airport. Use the service StepHanie recommends, and they will bring it to your door for a lot less than at the airport. And whether you get a car or not, you have to go to Ziggy's Beach and try the BEST ahi tuna nachos I have ever had

This is the most amazing experience I have had in the 27 years I've been coming to Mexico. You have to visit Casa Esperanza

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Marsela M
“Wow!”
Reviewed 3 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

My friends and I were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at Casa Esperanza. I will say I was skeptical from the online photos but in this case the photos online truly represent this beautiful home.
The home was very clean and smelled fresh. We felt relaxed the moment we entered. Great air conditioning... that is a must have! You won't have to worry about being uncomfortable here. The beds are nice and the linens were spotless
The staff is great at maintaining the property and the pool. It was immaculate.
This house is conveniently located with in short walking distance to shops, restaurants and the beach.
We will definitely be returning to this home next year.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing