Reviews (5 280)
1 988
1 883
1 988
1 883
All reviewsgrand palladiumsports baradult poolribsa la carte restaurantsmain poolthe mexican restaurantmini zoosalt water poolhemingway barmobility issuesboogie boardingkids clubmain buffetcity tourbbq on the beachocean pool
76 - 81 of 5 280 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Just got back June 23 after a week

THE NUMBER ONE TIP THAT NO ONE TOUCHED ON:
after you get off your plane and finish customs, and then get your luggage
GO STRAIGHT OUTSIDE!!! through the glass doors, otherwise, you will be inundated by a gauntlet of people that are all your new best friend, they all have PVR tags and claim to be part of the airport and if you saw someone already, they claim you went to the wrong people, they were all the wrong people.
they are all timeshare... go outside and seek your vacation providers if you got a transfer included. Or go over the pedestrian overpass and catch a cab.

back to the Grand Palladium

weather was HUMID!!!

after check in, you are assigned a person to explain everything to you, how nice,
NO, they were flogging their time share. They couldn't answer my questions about the property.

After a few no's, we were on our way.

Property, room, staff and service were all excellent
Good Wifi throughout the property even on the beach

Activities was a disappointment: Planned activities were cancelled without notice, no idea where activities were held, and there was 1 per hour scheduled
No kitchen tour, no darts.......

Food was a HUGE disappointment:
-The buffet was pretty much the same things every day: The items looked like they were reconstituted from the previous meal, there was a lot of flies around the food
there was at least 4 different ways they reused hot dog wieners.
-Ordered Miso Soup from the Bambu(Asian a la Carte) there was no Miso, it was broth with noodles and tofu, the Szechuan Shrimp was mushy shrimp in teriyaki sauce
-No beach BBQ because it was rainy season, although the weather was good
-No Paella planned, but they did have one unannounced and if you weren't there, you would have missed it. But it was no big deal.
-Mexican Restaurant was excellent
-Ribs and Steak restaurant was excellent
-Portofino's was good

For Breakfast and Lunch, you are forced to go to the buffet, there are no other option.

Bar service was excellent, no list of specialty drinks were available anywhere, I printed one that I found somewhere and went through the list plus a few recommendations. Remember to tip, it goes a long way. Omar at the beach was excellent and had a few great recommendations.

There was a small zoo in the middle with deer, peacocks, Ostrich, Toucan, monkeys, turkeys, and turtles. No crocodiles, they were moved out last year.

The Property is on the side of a mountain and there are a lot of steep sections, there are no elevators, so I can see how it would a problem for people with mobility issues.

The Shows: only the Saturday Mexican show was good, the rest were below average.

There were 2 markets set up during our week stay, remember to bargain.

The property is 45 minutes north of PV. So if you want to get off to sightsee, you'll need to pay $30 by taxi or $1.50 for a 90 min bus ride, which on it's own was an adventure. After that, we didn't feel like going to Bucerias nor Sayulita.

Overall, the property and people were excellent, unfortunately, the food pushes me to not recommend this property. After other properties such as Grand Bahia Principe Akumal and many cruises, we were always sick of seeing food after a week(because we over ate). This was the first time we wanted to go out for food after our vacation.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank tomatoseller
Melisa R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thank you so much for letting us know about your comment. Your opinion is really helpful for us to know where we need to improve our services and installations.

We are so sorry that we couldn't fulfill your expectations.

I would like to adress every point:

-The kind of weather that predominates here is humid. Our average daily humidity is 75%. I'm sorry that this kind of weather wasn't of your liking.

-We are currently in rainy season, so this means that many of our outdoor activities might get cancelled if the weather doesn't look good. I'm sorry if this was an inconvenient during your stay.

-Thank you for telling us about our food services. This information will reach our food and beverages team and we will make sure that they check on all the points that you mentioned. Our main goal is to make our guests satisfied with our services. We will find a solution to everything you wrote.

-I'm sorry that our different shows weren't what you were expecting. Your constructive feedback will be send to our entertainment team.
Again, thank you and we deeply appreciate your opinion. We hope that you can give us once more chance to change your perception about us.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We stayed from Jun 5-19/18 in an ocean view room and the view was amazing and the room was great. The food was fantastic in all 4 al la carte restaurants but my favorite was the Mexican restaurant, no reservations required and no limit on restaurant visits. The staff at this resort went above and beyond to keep our group of 72 from Australia and Canada happy! Merriam, the wedding consultant, made sure everything was arranged for my daughter's wedding and it was beautiful. Heriberto at the adult swimming pool made our time spent there so much fun with his personality and service at the bar and pool. We had a fantastic vacation!

Room Tip: No elevators so select a ground floor if mobility is an issue.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Melisa R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you so much for you wonderful comment and for sharing your opinion about our hotel Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa. I'm so glad to know that we were able to give you the vacations that you were looking for.

It is a true pleasure for us to receive your kind words. Our main goal is to give our guests the service and attention that they deserve. I'm so happy to know that our staff members were able to make this possible. I will make sure to congratulate them for the amazing job they did during your stay.

We hope that you can visit us again very soon to enjoy of an incredible experience. We look forward to it!!!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We stayed at the Grand Palladium back in February. Check-in was a breeze, hotel staff were very nice and welcoming. Resort is clean, room was clean and nice. We had a garden view and would recommend an ocean view. Lots of restaurants to choose from. The Mexican restaurant with the table-side guacamole was excellent. Regular buffet had tons to choose from and food was tasty. Our 14 year old son loved the beach, and tried surfing and would go boogie boarding daily. We also used the paddle boards which was a great workout. There were tons of other activities like pingpong, pool, tennis, etc. to keep everyone occupied. We had spa massages and they were divine. It was nice to relax in the hot tubs and try a dip in the cold pools. We are regular gym rats and used the gym daily. I would have to say that it was a decent gym for a resort. We were lucky enough to see quite a few whales out the front of the resort while we were there. Tip: watch for water all over the floor when you take a shower. May not be the best for anyone in a wheelchair or mobility issues. Overall a great vacation!

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank Puddymaroo

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your opinion about our hotel Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa. We are so glad to know that we were able to make your stay with us an incredible experience.

We deeply appreciate your kind words towards our hotel and also all your compliments about our services and installations. It is our main goal to provide our guests with an amazing service and attention. I'm so happy to know that our food services, our water sports and our different activities were of your liking.

We hope that you can give us one more chance to offer you an amazing time with us!!!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

HOLAH! I just came back from a 5 star vacation, it was my 3rd time in Mexico and this has to be the best hotel! its really not the place itself that makes it amazing but the POP (People of palladium) that made it stand out for me. I love how chill the vibe and how extremely accommodating and wonderful they are.! i have met lots of great staff here that makes me want to comeback bec they became my friends at the end of my trip.
Special shoutout to ZONEK for being awesome and sweet!! and also to ANTONIO (buffet server), RRRR/RUSBEL (server) GREGORIO (front desk), LIZ, Miguel, CARLOS (bartender), Ana (massage therapist) and MANY MORE!!

Already looking forward for my next trip here!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank krstn31990
Melisa R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you so much for your comment!!! We are so glad to know that we were able to give you the vacations that you were looking for. You have no idea how much happiness your comment makes me feel. It is an honor for us to receive your kind words.

Our main goal is to make our guests comfortable and satisfied with our services and installations. I'm so glad to know that our staff members were able to make this possible. It makes me extremely happy to know that my colleagues gave you the service that you were expecting. We assure you that we will congratulate all of the people that you mentioned in your comment. They did an excellent job attending you.

We hope that you can consider coming back so you can have again an excellent service by all of our staff members.

Thank you!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 week holiday at this resort. Absolutly amazing place and would reccomend to anybody, our best holiday by far! The hotel is beautiful, along with the food and staff! Our favourite resteraunte was the Mexican! The food was spot on! Especially the homemade guacamole made fresh at your table side. The steak resteraunte was also amazing! The steak and burgers were to die for. The biggest thing what stood out for me was the staff! Generally the nicest people I have ever met. Herberto was always extremely helpful around the adult pool and bringing drinks all the time! Great sense of humour and always making us laugh. The member of staff that stood out the most for us was Yessica! Absaloutly amazing lady! Always had a big smile on her face and a huge personality! We never once had to ask for anything as she was constantly there to help! She is the biggest credit to your hotel! Our favourite spot of the hotel was the adults pool! Lovely setting overlooking the sea! The only downside was the WiFi! Could never get a good signal anywhere throughtout the hotel. 10\10 holiday Thankyou for a amazing time and I hope we can return one day :)

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lauren1242018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write all your kind words towards our hotel Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa. We are so glad to know that we were able to give you the vacations that you were looking for.

It is true pleasure for us to know that all about our hotel was of your liking. Our main goal is to make our guests comfortable and satisfied with our services and installations. We are so glad that our staff members were able to give you the service that you deserved. We will make sure to congratulate them for the amazing job they realized during your stay.

Thank you for telling us about our WiFi, we will check on this and see what we can do about this.

Again, thank you and we look forward to your next stay!!!

Best regards.