I do not even know how or where to begin with our review of Hacienda de Mita 206... except to say that each moment ONLY got better! Never once were we bored and after ten days we were not ready to leave. It is impossible to adequately express what a great experience we had.
I want to extend my sincerest appreciation to Mike for his outstanding communication. You can be assured that you will always receive an efficient response to any question and request you may have from either the Manager, Shirley at Concierge or any of the staff. Confirming our reservation was effortless and efficient. Mike provides you with more than sufficient information on everything you need to know.
We have been visiting the Punta Mita area for over 10 years now... and we wanted to try something different. To be honest, at first I was very tentative... even the morning we were leaving for the airport, I said to my husband... "what if I made a mistake"? What an unnecessary worry!!!
I had sent our menu request ahead to Shirley. I then stopped en-route and picked up additional groceries, drinks and snacks I knew we would enjoy. Susana, the sweetest and best cook, had given Shirley the list of groceries she required. This is a GREAT system, and the cost for groceries is so reasonable. I was very impressed as there is no "upcharges", they provide the receipts and you know exactly what everything costs. If you have any cravings for snacks or specific foods, the grocery store in Emiliano Zapata is stocked with American name brands at resort competitive pricing, worth it for the convenience!
You will immediately notice that this villa is NOT furnished like a rental but a very well thought out home, with BEAUTIFUL art work and pieces. The kitchen and dining area is set up with anything you could ever need or want. The master suite is lovely. Every time I walked into the unit, I just sighed over the two chairs in front of the picture window in the Master Suite... that was one of my favorite spots! The view was exquisite. The bed in the Master Suite and the linens were so comfortable... you are guaranteed a great night's sleep every night! The whole villa is spacious and well thought out. The outdoor living room is divine and it was effortless to get up before sunrise in anticipation of it’s morning glory!
Susana and her assistant Rebecca will MAKE YOUR VACATION a DREAM!!! they are lovely ladies who look after the details to make sure you know you are on a holiday. Our villa was immaculate and well cared for. The FOOD was DELICIOUS! WOW... who needs to eat out? You will fall in love with them… they are precious.
What makes this unit stand out is it’s location. Hacienda de Mita is one of the view complex’s in the Four Seasons Resort that has direct beach access and a place to keep your surf boards! El Anclote is a great surf spot and when the waves are mushy, you can paddle surf. Emiliano Zapata has great surf shops to rent from or take lessons! The property is immaculately maintained and we loved the overall quietness of the resort.
The COMPLEX and resort is MASSIVE and PARADISE. There are endless miles of walking/running paths. The Golf Course is beautiful, of course. The Beach Clubs are fun and a nice alternative to the Hacienda Pool. The menu at Kapuri and Residents is very reasonable and the service is excellent!
Hacienda de Mita offers you a GREAT VALUE. It includes so many amenities, like the GOLF CART , a cook and housekeeper… and access to the beach clubs! I can not comment about the TV's as we did not turn them on once!!! The internet is great. And when our return flight was cancelled, I was grateful for a Vonage phone.
We received our damage deposit less than two weeks after our return! So appreciated. There is so much more I could say... but sadly I am out of room! You should know this… we are already planning our return!
We had the best trip down in Punta Mita. Susanna and her sister both cooked the best meals and our place was always clean. Shirley was very helpful and made all our dinner reservations and decorated for our dad's birthday. We loved Hacienda de Mita and the beach club. The only negative things were that we weren't aware everything needed to be paid for in cash so that would be good to tell people coming down since not everyone carries a ton of cash and uses credit cards. The only other thing I will say is that the unit doesn't sleep 8 because the room with bunk beds is very small and crowded. It's where they keep all the cleaning supplies and do the laundry. It would be hard for 2 kids to even sleep in there. My suggestion would be to take a lot of the stuff out of there and find another closet to store the towels, cleaning supplies, etc in.
Other than that it was one of the best trips ever and the unit is beautiful! The view from the patio is awesome and there is a lot of space on the patio to hang out and relax.
SUMMARY: This is a fantastic location for a luxury family vacation to the Pacific Coast of Mexico. We loved the trip. We have recommended it to friends and we will go back.
• The rooms are beautiful and impeccably maintained. Luxury hotel quality. They are actually even nicer than they appear in the photos – which is rare.
• The grounds of Punta Mita are clean, beautiful and well-organized.
• The property feels very safe and secure – staff everywhere.
• The ‘outdoor living room’ is a unique and spectacular feature – great place for a family to congregate.
• The daily cleaning and cooking is a great luxury – huge difference from most rentals.
• The manager, Michael, is professional, easy to reach and was very helpful to us.
• The tennis and gym facilities are nice, uncrowded.
• Great to have your own golf cart – you need it to get around.
• Excellent beginner-friendly surfing, right out your front door, with easy and cheap rentals down the beach
• Excellent and reasonably priced local restaurants
• Price at ~$900/day, including the cleaning and cooking (but not food), is much, much better value than a comparable hotel. The villa is similar (better) to getting 2 hotel rooms, a hotel suite, and the outdoor deck. I believe similar villas on the hotel properties (St Regis, Four Seasons) are $5,000-$10,000 per day.
• Staff at the beach clubs, golf club, etc are very warm and kid-friendly.
• Weather (at least when we went in early March) was stunning. Not too hot during the day, not too cold at night, not humid but also not too dry – sunny every day.
WHAT COULD BE BETTER:
• Ocean in front of the villa is too rocky to swim, so you need to go to the beach club.
• Ocean at the beach club is nice for swimming, but there is a pretty steep.
• The pools at the beach clubs are nice but nothing spectacular. They are fine for kids but no kids’-specific activities (slides, etc) – that’s not the style they are going for.
• The pools at the beach clubs
• The security is so good at the property that it can feel a bit ‘big brother’ at times – worthwhile trade-off though.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW:
• The limit of 8 people is incredibly strict. Do not bring more than 8 people. Infants and newborns count as people. They will not allow you on the grounds with more than 8 people. Seriously.
• The set-up is one very large master bedroom (probably 800-1,000 square feet) with a great view, two very good size other bedrooms (with less view, but also their own bathrooms), and a utility closet / bathroom / bunk beds set-up (OK for small kids –no A/C in that room though)
• You could get two families with two kids each here, but that might feel a little tight for older kids (although far better than a hotel) as there are only three ‘real’ bedrooms.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|
We can't say enough about this unit in the Hacienda de Mita - the furnishings are gorgeous, the view is spectacular, and there is SO much room! We spent a week in Punta Mita at Spring Break. The moment we walked in, we were greeted with a freshly made margarita and chips and salsa. Laundry was done every day and our cook prepared the most delicious breakfast and food. Having a golf cart was an added luxury. We loved every minute and can't wait to go back!
On The Beach – Over the Top
In mid January this year – we had an opening in our travel calendar and decided to meet up with some friends in Punta Mita MX. We enjoy our privacy and decided to rent our own condo unit for our 10 day stay. My husband is a stickler for details and searched the internet for available rentals on the Four Seasons Property, and two other locations along the Riviera Nayarit coast. We sent a handful of questions to the owner to confirm it would work for us. The quick responses from the MIKE the Property Manager for HDM206 to our questions made us decide to book this ocean front condo.
We used email to confirm details such as transport to and from the airport to the property, availability of house staff and access to site restaurants, beaches and other amenities. As this was our first time renting from this owner, we did ask many questions up front to ensure no surprises when we arrived.
The owner’s driver met us at the airport – quickly packed up our bags and off we went. A cooler with ice cold waters and juices was provided for the ride up to the Four Seasons resort. On arrival to the condo the driver carried our bags to the condo for us and we were welcomed with a beautiful basket of assorted fruits, snacks, etc. There was a complimentary fully stocked bar including red wine in the dining area (very nice touch), the fridge was stocked with a variety of cold waters and juices, beer, salsa guacamole chips etc. The grocery list we had provided was completed and checked with house staff to ensure our needs were met.
The view was spectacular. It was like having a private beach all to ourselves. We settled in quickly. The furnishings were even more luxurious than advertised and the photos on the website. For future reference the added bonus of the updated nanny room was a pleasant surprise. The furnishings and art were over the top and far in excess of what you’d get at the Four Seasons Resort or at any condo we’ve ever rented in the past!
The house staff was available for the duration of our stay. They kept the suite immaculate and we never had to ask for additional cleaning as they picked up and cleaned continuously. Sliding into crisp ironed sheets every evening was the perfect ending to every day. This service was better than what we received at Four Seasons Resort. The food was over the top. We entertained on 3 occasions and the dinner service was seamless and our guests were all pleased with the evenings especially the delicious flan desserts prepared in house. We don’t speak Spanish so we had a few language issues with the cook, yet she seemed to understand as every meal was cooked and presented to perfection.
As for the staff – the Concierge was always helpful with reservations and directions. We stayed on site and had no reason to leave. We made good use of the gym and spa in the mornings and headed down to the beach club most afternoons.
We took a chance renting this lavish condo off the internet and will now place into our favorites list. It was a superb rental delivering more than what we expected. We recommend that you do ask questions up front – the property manager was more than helpful to explain what was included and all of the multiple services available from their concierge. Definitely a 10 plus on our list – Can’t wait to bring the whole family along next stay – we’ll definitely be back again!!
|How easy was it to book the property?||How easy was key pickup/access to the property?|
|Overall condition of the property||Bedding & mattresses|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|
|Families with young children|