“Always good!”
Review of Alex's Pasta Bar

Alex's Pasta Bar
Ranked #1 of 177 Restaurants in Ajijic
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Great staff and terrific choices!
Must try watermelon gazpacho,
Pumpkin ravioli with butter and sage, risotto with fungi! Always worth a visit.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Good pasta dishes and good service. I think the prices are a little high but I've never had a complaint about what I have been served. A lunch companion of mine found the clams disappointing but they accept criticism with grace and I expect the clams will be better next time!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I was in town for 7 nights and came here for 3 of them because it was so exceptional. The staff are lovely genuine people, the owner, Alex, was very kind and attentive to us. The food was beyond spectacular every time. Their pasta is simply unbeatable. I could never say a bad thing about Alex's Pasta Bar. This is a must destination.

2  Thank Mitchell H
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Great first visit! This little place in Ajijic really stood out from all the restaurants we tried during our trip. There were few tables but everyone was seated quite comfortably. We were happily surprised to find all the serving staff could speak English, so I didn't need to embarrass myself with my appalling excuse for Spanish. Everyone was lovely and patient with us. The food arrived faster than we expected and was absolutely delicious. It was a very hot day so we started with a very refreshing gazpacho. My wife then had the ravioli, and she found it impossible to keep me away from her plate. They had told us they made all the pasta from scratch every day, and in that moment we could actually taste it! I was pleased beyond belief when I saw the size of my order of osso buco. The lamb had been cooked flawlessly and the sauce was succulent!

We are extremely happy we decided to stop at Alex's. If I'm ever lucky enough to find myself in Ajijic again, this will absolutely be my first stop. A definite MUST for anyone who appreciates a brilliant meal!

1  Thank DoctorGanksPC
Reviewed 18 June 2018

We enjoyed our meals here. Their prices are a little higher than the norm for this area but the quality is worth it. I would definitely recommend a visit, you'll enjoy it.