Motel Bel Eau(Montebello)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Auberge Montebello(Montebello)
US$106
US$99
Agoda.com
Hotel Lac Carling(Grenville-sur-la-Rouge)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Reviews (2 338)
2 338 results
1 114
1 114
All reviewschateau montebelloindoor poollog cabindog sleddinghorseback ridingottawa riversided fireplaceoutdoor activitiesmain lobbygrounds are beautifulcross country skiingresort feewinter activitiescrepesone of a kindmarch breakoutdoor bbq
19 - 24 of 2 338 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our first impression was nothing short of fabulous.

The food is exquisite, and I believe priced for the excellence and deliciousness.

The large pool is wonderful, the beautiful architecture around it, and the ceilings are gorgeous.

The rooms are nice and clean.

The staff are super friendly and they make you feel welcomed and important.

The ability to text the front desk, made it super easy and convenient to make arrangements.

Overall our stay was wonderful and we will definitely be back some day!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
LeChateauMontebello, General Manager at Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much sammi_bella! I am so glad to see your review!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The interesting thing about travelling on your own is that sometimes you get lost in the crowds. At Chateau Montebello they have mastered their customer service par excellence. 2 nights of bliss. A beautiful room.
Immediately the interior designer in me leaped forward as I entered the bedroom. I questioned what changes I would make. It looked a bit tired. As I retired that evening and cuddled up to the comfortable bed I decided nothing else in the world mattered. I sailed off into oblivion. This hotel’s history goes way back to the 1800s. You have to know that before you visit. G7 meetings and world dignitaries gathered here. The walls could talk. So could that beautiful Oak tree they cut down on the 25th. I asked were they going to replace it. I was told “no”, it was becoming a danger. I felt it’s wood should be donated to some native carvers to preserve some of its history. Such is my imagination.
Pools, glistening lake. It’s a resort but somehow a single 55+ can have that downtime to write in peace and be inspired. I will totally return.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Oh wow!! What a great review! Thank you for sharing MiriamDunne! That beautiful oak was indeed very dangerous and I like your suggestion to donate it... I will look into that!

Looking forward to your return!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had lunch (well if you can call eating at 2 pm lunch) at the Château’s restaurant.

The buffet itself was quite ordinary: coleslaw that tasted anything but, same with potato salad; poor choice of cold cuts and cheeses.

But the desert buffet was out of this world: pecan pie, sugar pie and a to-die-for bread pudding.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eligivs

Thank you for sharing Eligivs. I will share with my culinary team.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a relaxing place to visit!! The staff were very attentive and the services at the hotel were wonderful (had a spa as well as eating at both restaurants.) The room we had was huge - the air conditioner did make an annoying noise but that’s the only negative I can state. Highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you NarellefromBundy!! What a great review! New air conditioning coming soon with the new renovations...

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I love going to the Fairmont Chateau Montebello. It is the perfect place to relax anytime of the year. I mainly go for a day trip, enjoy the brunch, then the indoor pool, then walk to the Chocomotive store...beautiful outdoor areas.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Carmen L

Thank you Carmen L! Hope to see you soon!