US$131
US$186
US$167
Suites of Euston(Charlottetown)
US$113
All reviewsdining roomacross the roadthe cottagesthird floornational parkprince edward islandno air conditioninglobsterhigh teastep back in timefront lawncozy queenanne of green gableshistoric hotelbeautiful settingtennis courtsold world charm
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We would not recommend this hotel to anyone. We checked into our room that did not have heat and there was rain coming in through the window. The room was dusty and full of cobwebs. To rectify the heat issue we were moved to another room. The heater worked but did not give off enough heat to warm the room and made a loud rattling noise all night. We slept in our down jackets. The toilet seat and bathroom floor was unbearably cold. There was nothing comfortable about this stay and experience. The hotel would not give us a refund on our second night but we just couldn't do another night of cobwebs and cold! It was by far one of the worst hotel experiences we have ever had. If you have an option to stay anywhere else do so or camp. It will be more enjoyable. What a waste of our hard earned money.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melanie B
Matt M, Guest Relations Manager at Dalvay by the Sea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Melanie B,

Thank you so much for joining us this season and for taking the time to let us know about your experiences. Our goal is to always exceed our guest expectations and clearly we did not in your case. Please accept my sincere apologies.

The weather on Prince Edward Island in June can be a hit-or-miss temperature wise. Last year, for example, we had plus teens to low 20s (Celsius) June 2017 but this year it hovered closer to the 0C mark. This can really impact the guest experience as we are a historic property with limited heating resources. I sincerely apologize the temperature did not meet your expectations.

Our rates are quite low for this time of year, due to the varying temperatures, and we do have to maintain our cancellation policy of 48 hours. I am sorry to hear our unique property did not meet your standards. I wish you all the best for your future resort experiences.

Warmest regards,

Matt M.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Everything amazing that you have heard about this beautiful, amazing, picturesque hotel...is TRUE! The location is historic and incredible. The staff was fantastic. The restaurant is outstanding. This is THE place to stay on PEI. Don’t miss it!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Matt M, Guest Relations Manager at Dalvay by the Sea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear bogart3,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experiences here at Dalvay by the Sea! Your kind words mean so much to myself, as well as all of the staff here. We always take our customer service training very seriously and only staff those who are as passionate about this fantastic historic property as I am. I will certainly pass on your message to my team. Please feel free to return again in the future, it will be my absolute pleasure to host you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We just had our conference at Dalvay by the Sea this past weekend. I cannot say enough about the amazing venue, food, staff and accommodations. They were very flexible and gave me peace of mind as the conference organizer. Our group loved it so much we are returning next year! Thank you Kyle and th entire Dalvay team!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear TrudyTee,

Thank you so much for choosing Dalvay by the Sea for your conference destination and for taking the time to tell us about your experiences here. It is our objective to exceed our guests expectations and clearly we hit the mark for you and your team. Coming from the conference organizer, your kind words are certainly appreciated! With all of the planning that goes into conferences such as these, I am delighted to hear it was a great success. We will be sure to deliver the above-and-beyond service you experienced this year upon your return next year!

We look forward to hosting you again,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here in the beginning of June in one of the cottages. The rooms were very cozy and fit our family fine. Surprised to only find 4 coffee cups, 2 spoons and 1 knife in the room. Not really the easiest to have any breakfast in our room - almost felt like was set up to make you go and eat all meals in the restaurant.
We did eat one meal there (Dinner) and was a great meal. Very tasty food, and good wine and beer list. I feel was on the expensive side as we all ordered off the appetiser list (not the mains) and our meal cost over $200
All in all was an OK stay and good atmosphere.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Matt M, Guest Relations Manager at Dalvay by the Sea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Samuel H,

Thank you so much for joining us here at Dalvay by the Sea and for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I am happy to hear the cottage you reserved fit your family well. Please be assured, your feedback is greatly appreciated and I will pass along your message to our management team to mitigate any issues for future guests.

It was certainly a pleasure to host you, please feel free to contact me in the future should you wish to return! It would be a sincere pleasure to host you and your family once again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We spent two nights at Dalvay. It’s a wonderful place. The large lodge-style great room is so warm and welcoming. We returned one cold rainy afternoon from sightseeing, and it was pure bliss to sit in front of the roaring fire and enjoy a pot of tea. Our room was elegantly appointed and the dinner we enjoyed in the restaurant was outstanding. There is also a large library/game room with a fireplace as well as the lounge. We ordered dessert by the lounge fire one evening—the apple fritters—yum! This is definitely a place where I wanted to stay longer. The staff is friendly and helpful as well.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Rhonda S,

Your kind words are truly an inspiration for all of my staff and the management here at Dalvay by the Sea. I sincerely thank you so much for joining us this season and for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how we did! We always attempt to exceed our guests expectations and it looks like we did so with you. We couldn't do this without guests such as yourself and our staff pride themselves in customer service and our historic property itself.

You are absolutely correct, I find it quite blissful to sit by our grand fireplace on a rainy afternoon sipping tea or coffee. The atmosphere is the most relaxing and refreshing I have experienced. I am certainly thrilled you were able to experience it as well! Please do not hesitate to return, it would be my sincere pleasure to host you once again.

Warm regards,