All reviews green gables pool area gas station cavendish beach a great stay local attractions within walking distance kids loved the playground volleyball net queen bed off season bedroom cottage located right beds were comfortable full kitchen pei vanity
Reviewed 4 August 2018

July 31st 2018 we decided to do a few days in PEI . Finding a place to stay was the next thing .After phoning a couple Motels we were able to get reservations at the Ann Shirley .
We were very pleased with the rooms & the guest service . The first 2 nights we had a Queen Bed ,a newly decorated room ...very cozy . The 3rd night we were moved to a room with a King bed . This was due to being so booked up . Both rooms were very comfortable . Our plans are to book ahead for this same Motel next year . If ever in PEI give this place a try ...you won't be sorry !!!! Forgot to mention it is central to all activities in Cavendish

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2018

My friend and I stayed for the Cavendish Beach Music Festival recently. From the moment that I initially called to make the reservation, the lady making the reservation was unprofessional. She asked my age, which makes sense to confirm I am not a minor. She proceeded to ask who I was staying with, how old they were, their gender, and whether or not I was dating them. We are two females and I don't think it's professional or another's business whether we are dating or not, especially being 2 females sharing the room. When confirming the details of the reservation, she took my credit card details, and then confirmed them by reading the card number and expiration date aloud. She rather should have asked me to confirm my credit card details again. I do not know who else is listening and disclosing this information.

The motel listed their price online for 109CAD + taxes, when I called in, they had a more expensive rate for people attending the concert. This is not disclosed anywhere on the website, most motels or hotels give preferred rates or block rates for large events. This motel raised their price for concert attendees. Ridiculous.

Upon checking in, she was not very welcoming and did not exude a welcoming demeanour, as the hospitality industry is generally known for. She repeated several times that there were NO VISITORS allowed so we "could not bring anybody back". We had no intentions to do so. Additionally, she also stated that she was staying in the room beside us, as if to supervise us. We were advised there was security on the premises for the concert night, however we were informed in the manner that they were going to enforce motel guests rather than protect our property and our safety.

Upon entering the room there was a wet used towel in the bathtub and another dirty towel on the floor. there was wet hair in the bathtub clinging to the walls as well. Overall a very poor hotel experience. Borderline discriminatory based on our ages being in our early twenties. Very unprofessional experience overall. I will not be staying again and would not recommend this motel for anybody.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Misa P
Reviewed 8 June 2018

We had family come over from Belgium, so we went to PEI for the weekend. Booked a two bedroom apartment for one night. When we checked in we were upgraded to the two bedroom cottage. It was very clean lots of room for 4 adults, beds were comfortable. No complaints from any of us. Wish we had more time. Will definitely stay here again. Staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank PaulineH57
Reviewed 31 January 2018

loved it so much that we stayed an extra night, we had to switch rooms but that was no big deal , beautiful clean rooms, pool and close to a wonderful restaurant called the lost anchor, would highly recommend this Motel, alot of nice trails to take if your up to a little adventure, a hop, skip and a jump from North Rostico

Room Tip: stop in, check the place out , you won't regret it
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

While on a post Labour Day visit to PEI another couple and us stayed at the Anne Shirley Motel & Cottages. We rented a 2 bedroom deluxe cottage. It came complete with 2 queen beds, fully equipped kitchen including dishwasher, AC and WIFI. We used the Motel's BBQ pit to cook our steak dinner.

The Anne Shirley is centrally located on Route 13 in Cavendish, minutes away from numerous well know tourist attractions. The unit we stayed in was spotless and well kept. The beds comfortable as were the couch and chairs. We were pleasantly surprised at how inexpensive our stay was at the Anne Shirley. The managers, a couple from Newfoundland were extremely gracious and friendly. We liked the Anne Shirley Motel so much that we are returning this September 2017 for a longer stay.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple