“13 People at Retirement Dinner on Wed June 27th 2018”
Review of IL FORNELLO, Ajax

IL FORNELLO, Ajax
Ranked #14 of 258 Restaurants in Ajax
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: It has not taken very long for IL FORNELLO to move to the top of the list of the best Italian restaurants in Ajax. It’s not just the casual, classic Italian fare like pizzas baked in the wood-burning pizza oven, pasta favourites, salads, appetizers and more that customers are talking about, they love the décor of Ajax’s latest hot spot.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I was very disappointed with the service we had last evening. There was not a hostess at the front door to escort you to the table. The waitress never asked one end of the long table for drinks. We had to ask her after 35 minutes upon seating. Brad was very slow coming to the table and we had to ask. She put two baskets on the table and commenced to throw the second basket on the table. She was horrible. MY friend deserved so much better for her dinner retirement evening. We sat against the wall when you came in the door on the right. The waitress had short blonde hair. She really needs to put a smile on her face and be more pleasant with people she is serving. I had pizza and it wasn't the greatest but other people did enjoy their food. Just wanted upper management to be aware of this. Thank you.

2  Thank Leslie G

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I took my family for a brunch on Sunday and the experience was just okay , nothing to talk about. I ordered the breakfast with omelette, bacon and and potatoes. I got the omelette and potatoes in one dinner plate and the bacon all crumpled up in another plate and NO bread. Why would you not put everything on the same plate and who serves breakfast with no bread.. Breakfast without bread is no breakfast anywhere anyplace in the world. Their pasta dish was just okay and the burgers were just burgers. The waitress was not trained properly, not her fault. I would go again if I could not find any better place.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

For a pretty hefty price this place really needs to step up their ceasar salad. Its just what seems to be some very mild and bland store type dressing with a few packaged type everyday croutons. Some poorly chopped romaine and some cheese. So easy to make this better guys!
Pasta (sauce) was very good but not homemade pasta.
Hence the average rating. If the pasta dish wasn't so tasty it would be lower.
I'll go back and if there's improvements to the caesar, I'll improve this review.
All the staff i came across
were fabulous. I heard there was good service here and that was correct.
Ill try a pizza next time. Ill ask about the ceasar sslad begord orderjnv if sgdkn.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Definitely need this restaurant in Ottawa. Terrific food, great prices and excellent service. I’m not usually a fan of Italian food but I would eat here anytime. The food is that good.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

I decided to visit again, after my first visit was a disappointment. This time we had a different server. We weren’t offered bread like all the tables around us. Never offered additional drinks. Our appetizer was not brought out. When asked, the server told us she forgot to complete the order on the computer system. So then our appetizer was served after our meal.

1  Thank Summerloving21