All reviewsseafoodamazing viewshighlight of our tripon arrivalmoose steakterra nova national parkspent two nightsfirst nightfeel welcomeafter a long daynice viewtucked awayhidden treasureoverlooking the waterroom was largeplace to stayjames
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

In spite of the cold, overcast weather we had an awesome stay at The Inn. Our corner suite was fabulous - roomy, nice view and comfortable amenities. The food and wine - wow! And the staff the friendliest we encountered on our trip.
Definitely recommend! !

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Funtrip201806
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Delightful welcome. Friendly helpful staff. Beautiful comfortable spacious room with amazing view overlooking the bay. We had dinner & breakfast and both were excellent and eaten in the gorgeous dining area with wide view of the bay. The only downside was we could only stay one night... I didn't want to leave. I would so love to go back and stay and eat there again.

Room Tip: Try the upper floor. There is no lift but we were offered help with our cases.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank weekender57_12
Reviewed 18 October 2017

We have eaten dinner here a few times and we have always had good experiences; the food is excellent as is the service. The staff and owners are knowledgeable and extremely helpful; nothing is too much trouble. As you would expect the sea food is very good but also other Newfoundland specialities i.e. the Moose steak and Seal Flipper pie! It's always busy, so make sure you book in advance.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cliff J
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Myself and a friend were travelling and stopped for a quiet supper before we headed to a local b&b . We were the only people at this quiet unassuming restaurant when we first arrived . Tables were set with pristine white cloths , napkins and candles . The table that we were seated was facing large picture windows overlooking one of the coves in Happy Adventure , truly a magnificent view . We ordered wine and water and enjoyed the view and the quiet ambiance , nice after a long day of driving . Our server brought our drinks and told us of the specials . I ordered calamari and the halibut special . My friend ordered the seafood chowder and the codfish . I was impressed with the presentation , the quality and quantity of food . Everything that I had was delicious and the vegetables were delicious and crisp ! My friend was as impressed as I . Such a delicious meal and the portions were very generous . We don't usually have dessert however I love cheesecake and there was a cheesecake sampler available so we decided to share it . They served 3 different slices - my fav was chocolate however my friend fell in love with the bake apple . We thoroughly enjoyed the food and the service was great .
I do have something else to say about this evening but will make it clear right away that the restauranteurs would have no control about what happened . 3 people were seated 2 tables away . They spoke very loud and their voices echoed throughout the restaurant. I can tell you all about their Aunt Helen , Uncle Harry and brother Liam . Please people have some consideration for those trying to simply enjoy the evening . I do not want to know about every relative nor did the couple seated next to you . They gave up trying to talk to each other as they couldn't hear each other . The owner/server even apologized for their noise .

I would definitely recommend this restaurant as the food , drinks and atmosphere is great and hopefully the other patrons will be considerate .

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank beverley v
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Tucked away in an amazing bay with luxurious rooms, great food, and terrific owners. They even took us on a boat ride to see the icebergs! Be sure to drive up to see Salvage -- one of the oldest settlements on the continent and still fully operating.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple