“Great sourdough”

Church Street Woodfire Bakery
Ranked #18 of 42 Restaurants in Comox
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch - server was helpful and pleasant, and the pizza crust on our slices was excellent. The house coffee was one of the best we’ve had all week. We took half a dozen glazed doughnuts and a loaf of the jalapeño-cheddar sourdough home with us, and both were demolished quickly by the rest of the crew. Ended up getting another pizza the next day for lunch.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

We were overnighting in Comox prior to taking the ferry to Powell River. We were staying in a tired motel, we were beat from a long drive and wanted take-out rather than going out. Googled restos in Comox, Church Street Bakery came up, with the pizza menu. We decided on personal pizzas, when we placed our orders Mr Chef actually talked us out of multiple ingredients, said max of 3 or 4 better, so glad, he was right. Plus these were the best pizzas ever! Comox you are so lucky!

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Shared an apple fritter with my girlfriend, it was the perfect snack. Would recommend and will be back to try the pizza.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

And it’s licensed so they have great drinks too! The bread is simply glorious. I think their doughnuts come from Cumberland it they sell them here and they’re incredible! The berry danish in particular...I have dreams about this pasty and I’ve never been a particular fan of danishes. Great location too!

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

I have lived in Comox for years. Frequently come here & recommended to friends despite hit and miss service. Never again. Service is worse than ever. On my last vist I bought several items including a chicken sandwich. First bite and realized it was full of fatty skin chunks...opened it up to find more....very little chicken so I was disappointed and walked back to show staff, and get my money back, only to have counter girl rudely role her eyes at me, then say nothing, then make faces while telling another worker (manager?) who also stared blankly at me until I asked her to acknowledge my complaint. Wow, must be something in the flour. Are there no happy service workers left in the world? I did it for years with a smile and as part of my job expectation. After giving them hundreds of dollars over the years, and paying hefty prices for products and tipping consistently (though I am ok paying for quality) - like many other reviewers have decided, I will not pay them ever again for crappy service!