“Why would I stay anywhere else!!!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 8 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Phil L
“Why would I stay anywhere else!!!!”
Reviewed 10 September 2016 for a stay in December 2015

I stayed for 2 nights in the upstairs suite. Karen was a wonderful hostess and I felt right at home my whole stay. The views from the suite and private hot tub were incredible. Breakfast was delicious both mornings and I always left very satisfied. I would highly recommend this lovely Bed and Breakfast to anyone travelling to the North Island.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Was made to feel very much at home.
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
10 Sep 2016
Thank you I am glad you enjoyed your stay
Kay G
Katy, Texas, United States
“Just like home, only better”
Reviewed 24 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

My sons and I had the entire bottom floor to ourselves. The rooms (and entire house) were spotless and the rooms were spacious and comfortable.
Our hostess went out of her way to help us out with rides and laundry, as well as serving breakfast (delicious!) on our schedule. I really couldn't have asked for more! A great choice.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
25 Aug 2016
Thank you, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Jennie T
“Home from Home - So Friendly”
Reviewed 16 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We stayed with Karen the night before and the night after our kayak trip with Kingfisher wilderness adventures. Karen and her daughter made us feel so welcome straight away. The accommodation as pristine and very homely. It was our honeymoon and we were treated to a bottle of wine and some cakes in our room. Karen went over and above to help make our stay perfect. Helping us with a lift into town and back and even giving us a little tour. Breakfast was fit for a king and again, nothing was any trouble. The beds were so comfy and we had the chance to sleep in two different rooms on our stay. Both beautiful and with hot tubs. Perfect after 4 days kayaking. Karen even took us for our coach on departure and waited for me outside the super market to get me there on time. The nicest person we met all of our trip and if you stay here, you will not be disappointed. Great value for money too. Thanks Karen, you are one of lifes gems. Jennie & Dan x

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The customer service and homely feel
Liked least: That we didn't stay longer
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
20 Jul 2016
Thank you, you and Dan are very sweet.
Hans L
Campbell River, Canada
“Very nice spot, well maintained”
Reviewed 6 October 2015 for a stay in August 2015

I stayed for the full month of August and found the accommodations very nice and well maintained. Had a BBQ outside my door which I used on a nightly basis. Jennifer was very helpful with any questions or concerns I had. I would recommend staying at theses accommodations.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: BBQ outside door
Liked least: Maid service once a week
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Photwizzl...
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Location / Views / Hosts”
Reviewed 1 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

We decided to go up to the North Island last minute on a long weekend. Luckily, Karen still had some availability. We spent 2 nights in the upper suite; and 2 nights in the main suite downstairs.

Both have private hot tubs right outside the doors to the outside areas.

The upper suite is really the master bedroom, with an ensuite & king size bed. There is a sliding glass door to the spacious patio with INCREDIBLE views of the ocean & forest. We saw so many swooping eagles hunting on the ocean, it was spectacular!

The lower suite is much larger, and has a small living area as well as a small dining area. Queen size bed, and the bathroom is just down the hall. There is a second bedroom you can rent down there if you have a larger party. The views are still very nice, with clear vision from the hot tub to the ocean.

Apparently, there is a camper available to rent as well, they set it up for you out at Cluxewe Resort. Not sure of pricing - but inquire if you're wanting to camp instead.

Breakfast every day was absolutely delicious, and Natasha was a fabulous 'server'. Fresh fruit salad each morning, along with a different 'main course' every day. Karen & Natasha even prepare it when you want it, so sleeping in or getting up early for an excursion is easy to do!

There was a bit of a hiccup as they accidentally over-booked... but they had everything sorted out before we arrived... so really that's my only minor 'complaint' (had to have one, right?!).

They have 2 well-behaved dogs on site, which I think is important to mention. One is a large female german shepherd, but she is very friendly & not frightening at all (& I've been attacked by a large-breed dog), the other is a small breed & such a sweet heart.

They are sometimes pet friendly too - ask before you bring, though!

Definitely stay here if you're wondering if you should. I wish I took more pictures, but I've posted what I took... mostly of the views.

Oh yea - Natasha has great suggestions of neat places to visit & sight see - pick her brain a bit!

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Views & breakfast
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
20 Jul 2016
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing