“Terrible service!”
Review of New Tokyo Sushi

New Tokyo Sushi
Ranked #10 of 59 Restaurants in Dawson Creek
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We were visiting in Dawson Creek, and one afternoon decided to try this restaurant. Early warnings went up soon after we sat down. There was a large party being seated at one end of the restaurant and others already at tables. There was one waitress on. So I was prepared to have to wait a little. Not as long as we did.

I ordered the special, seared tuna sashimi on seasonal vegetables and a bowl of miso soup. Nothing too complicated, I thought. My husband had the combo of Cali roll and assorted nigiri sushi.

She begrudgingly dropped of our green tea, took our order, and then the wait began. Others who came in after us were served. The large party in the front just wanted to place their order! Then they were served and still nothing to our table. 30 minutes after ordering, my husband received his food. Nothing for me. Another 5 and I got my soup. My husband finished his lunch, my soup was gone and nothing. The waitress would not make eye contact. Eventually I flagged her over. She told me it was the preparation of my meal that takes time and could she bring me some soup. I said I already ate that. How about I bring you edamame. No I just want what I ordered!

She raises her voice to the sushi chef behind the counter and about two minutes later, my meal is passed over the counter! 45 minutes wait. And it wasn’t even good. They water down their soya sauce, the tuna was tasteless and the seasonal vegetables was some spiralized daikon!

There was no apology when we paid, and by the way, no tip was left either!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Overall everything was very good. The sushi seemed fresh, what was suppose to be hot was hot and what was suppose to be cold was cold! The food was flavourful. Service was ok!

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Excellent sushi in an unassuming location. Food fresh and very well prepared and presented. Recommend to those wanting something outside the usual small city fare!

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

This place has a large variety of special rolls. Tuna tataki roll was amazing. Sashimi was delish! Cute little restaurant with great service.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Sometimes over kill on the sauces but generally I like this place. Clean, comfortable with decent service and a good selection of dishes.