All reviews other hotel guests clean towels and bedding snack bar hot dogs stayed for two weeks location is excellent very clean hotel a lovely holiday lovely hotel sea view soft drinks maid sprite laugh season
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel! The food is great and there is a large restaurant and areas that you can sit and relax in. The staff are very helpful and friendly! 2 large pools which are great for families. The rooms are big and comfy. I'm really enjoying my stay here.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Serena P
hotel_responsible, Guest Relations Manager at Alba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear Serena P,

Greetings from Hotel Alba in Sunny Beach.
We are continually working hard to increase our service quality to give the best service to our guests It's great that our culinary offer also met your taste.
Thank you for your praises to the staff.
All the pleasure was shared with the entire team and we hope to see you again in the future.

Best personal regards from Sunny Beach

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Two lovely big pools for families to enjoy, plenty of sunloungers, surprisingly big rooms!! Food was great quality - something to eat any time of day. Nothing to complain about and had a wonderful time!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Giuliano P

Dear Giuliano P,

It was a pleasure to have you at Hotel Alba, for your family holiday.
Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely important.
Great that our animation team made a big impression on you.

Best regards from Sunny Beach

Reviewed 3 June 2018

The hotel is great for families with kids. It offers 2 clean swimming pools,rooms are also cosy and well maintained. There is a great choice of food. The only drawback was the noise coming from the outside. The hotel is located in the heart of Sunny Beach and in some of the rooms you can hear noise all night. But after a request to change the rooms, we were offered a place in a quieter part of the building. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank aoiffe2018
hotel_responsible, Guest Relations Manager at Alba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear aoiffe2018,

First of all we would like to thank you for spending time to write a review through TripAdvisor.
We want our guests to have a wonderful and memorable stay with us, so we are happy that you had a total relax family holiday.
Also thanks for your kind words and mentioning that hotel generously offers a good choice of menu throughout the week.

Best personal regards from Sunny Beach

Reviewed 24 October 2017

The only thing that i didn't like was quality of drinks served to the meals. Coffee was awful. Except this, everything was fine, as in the title. This hotel is not expensive and the atmosphere is really good.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria L
hotel_responsible, Guest Relations Manager at Alba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear Maria L,

Many thanks for your nice review here on TripAdvisor!
One of our major goal is to provide an outstanding customer service and we are pleased to read that you appreciated our efforts.
However, our guest’s opinions are always very important for us in order to increase our quality, therefore we thank you very much for your helpful comments.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I booked this hotel because it was supposed to be wheelchair accessible.The front of the hotel from the road has two steps and a sliding door to the right, further along, is a door with a wheelchair access ramp. This is kept locked at all times.
At 1st my husband had to go to reception and have someone come open and close the door for us. After a few days, they gave us a key to do the door ourselves which was great until guests in the hotel parked over the only dropped kerb (slab of concrete dumped in front of the kerb) or on the path making it impossible to get in or out.
There was a steep ramp leading to the lift which my wheelchair wouldn’t fit into and had to be dismantled and folded up. By the time I managed to get in the lift someone on another floor pressed the button and I ended up on random floors clinging to a wall while my husband and wheelchair came to get me.
The pool has a sloped access which was also a reason for booking this hotel. However, there are steps only to all outside areas, pool bar and snack bar rendering them off limits to me. I could not get to the pools and there would not have been enough space to wheel around the sunbeds.
The terrace off the restaurant had a raised frame on the doorways which I also could not cross and would not have been able to move between tables due to lack of space. So if the limited tables inside the restaurant were full I was stuck with a plate of food and nowhere to go. We ate out a lot due to this.
We have been all inclusive before and had same issues. It is cheap enough to eat out but it is handy on days when I am not well enough to go out.
The food we did have was ok most of the time. But a lot of it was oven baked and overcooked or had excess salt or pepper. The soft drinks were watered down but the cappuccino and coffee were nice. Neither of us really drink alcohol.

The hotel's location in sunny beach is excellent. Just off flower street and the main strip minutes away. The land trains are at the front and rear of the hotel. However due to the clubs and bars around the hotel that blast out music till about 5.30am its hard to sleep.

The room was large and comfortable. I had to report the bedding to reception as it was burned. It was changed without fuss but I don’t understand why the bed was made with this cover, to begin with as you could not miss the huge mass of burned fabric.
The air-conditioning worked but not powerful enough to cool the room and due to the noise leaving the door open was not an option. The toilet leaked and the shower flooded the floor which was very dangerous for me. And during the night all kinds of bugs come up through the drain in front of the toilet. The balcony is not private and people could step over the rail from one to another.

I did not understand why there was a microwave in the room or kitchen units with sink. No cups or plates but 1 knife fork spoon and whisk in a draw. No food to be taken to rooms.
What they should have is a kettle and coffee/ tea making facilities in the room.

The hotel looked nice in the public areas and was cleaned daily. Clean towels daily and bedding changed regularly. Free wifi in public areas and this works very well. The staff were fantastic the bell boy/night porter, the girl on reception and the small waiter are a credit to the hotel.

I am not sure if there were any other English guests in the hotel. The only other guest who spoke to us was moaning about the wheelchair access door being opened and got up to close on me as my husband was pushing me up the ramp because she was cold.
We stayed for two weeks at the end of the season. The last few days the weather was not so good. Cold, wet and windy. And almost everything was closing down when we left. Some of the trips we wanted to do were canceled due to the weather. And the ones we did do were disappointing. Bulgaria is not wheelchair friendly and trying to find a toilet I could actually use was a nightmare.
In Varna, a lot of the roads you are not permitted to cross you must use the subway/underpass. Which have steep steps down and up the other side. Same for the toilets.
Overall we enjoyed the limited amount of things we could do on this holiday but won't be coming back to Bulgaria. Two weeks in sunny beach was too long. And i would have been happy to go home at the start of our send week. The place is dirty bins overflowing. Broken flagstones and potholes and electric cables with tape over them sticking up from the ground and walls. The kerbs are huge and if you are lucky they have random blobs of cement duped in front to make them a ramp of sorts. Electric cables are strewn across walkways. You can rent electric scooter bikes and people are whizzing about beeping at you to get out of the way in pedestrian-only zones. Very annoying and dangerous. We saw few near misses.
One of the good things about sunny beach they don't hassle you to go in shops, maybe because they all sell the same things. Old nessebar is a very pretty place worth a day out but not great for wheelchairs or people with walking problems.

I would not rate this hotel 4 star it is on par with a travel lodge. And I think peak season would have been unbearable both in the hotel and the resort.

Room Tip: Nice view of the pool but can't escape the noise anywhere.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tc0
Nihal C, Guest Relations Manager at Alba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear tc0,

On behalf of Hotel Alba we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel.
Every one of us is doing the best to provide our guests an unforgettable holiday and we are very happy to convince you in all areas of our service.
Mentioning the friendliness and efficiency of our employees particularly we do appreciate very much, and will continue to work on our areas of improvement in order to be perfectly ready for your next stay.
All comments are seriously taken into consideration and would like to assure you that your comments will be passed onto the management team for consideration.
Our team is taking your comments very seriously and is working hard on making improvements.

We hope to have a second opportunity to serve you in the near future.