All reviews pool area was always clean breakfast choices an excellent hotel would return to this hotel nice stay end of june pool view week stay room was large come home night life reception area fresh towels cereal bars supermarket barman
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Cant understand those whiners who whine about bedsheets etc. How often do u change em at home? I didin't see any problem about that they changed them only once. Food was OK for eastern european who are used to eat potatos and ground meat. Reception stuff was OK, they may seem to be rude when u speak english with them too fast cus they might not fully understand u but when u slow down and try to explain things with easier worlds u get what u want. Location is BUENO, out from beach noise but still really close to beach. Bar prices 3LEV for draft beer, happy hour coctails 2 for 1 price were 8LEV. Barmans were awesome. Air conditioning worked perfectly in deluxe room. Cant ask much more for that money. For sure would go back there next year.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank keits65
Reviewed 1 August 2018

I was a member of a party of six women that stayed at this hotel at the end of June 2018 and found that you got exactly what you paid for, It is not an expensive Hotel, so you can not expect the height of luxury, however we had three rooms between the six of us and they were clean and adequate, although the rooms were not cleaned everyday, the cleaners were friendly and if you see them on there rounds we found that if we asked for anything that we needed they were very obliging, The safe deposit boxes are situated in a room behind the reception, as the room is constantly locked only able to be open to guest by the receptionist and the box can only be opened by two keys at the same time, one held by the guest and one by the reception, so far safer than a Safe hidden in your room We were only booked in for B & B so I cannot comment on the food. but to be honest the restaurants around are so cheap it would be a shame not to go out and try then, But what made this hotel speciial is the Manager and her Staff, As I have mentioned the cleaners all smiled and acknowledged us and even though they do not speak English, they did try to help us out if we needed anything, We did have a spot of trouble whilst we were there and I must say that the Manager did everything in her power to help us out, from just translating information to actually going out of her way for us. and due to her not being at work on the day we left we never got to say thank you and to express our gratitude. So if by any chance you are reading this, Thank you and please thank your staff for all your help.
In short if you are staying here remember you are not paying the price of a five star hotel so dont expect five star accomodation, but if you want a clean, friendly hotel to put your head down at night with no trouble then this hotel is great, it is close enough to the beach and bars etc without the noise that goes with it.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Mojo0510
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 week during that time sheets and towels were changed once on our last night and towels were only changed because we asked. Sheets poorly fitted to bed and came loose no matter what, no mattress toppers on bed. The overall level of cleanliness and hygiene is unacceptable. Reception staff were rude and abrupt, bar staff and manager were friendly. Floor was not hovered during our stay and bins were emptied once. We had to buy our own toilet rolls. Food was poor quality.
Overall not an enjoyable stay, how this hotel has a 3 star rating I do not know. The only two things that were great were the shower and the pool.

2  Thank Sabiane G
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Pictures say it all. They were the “clean” sheets and bedding we were given however were covered in crap, piss, blood and sick. Hotel staff are just as disgusting stealing money from the your safe which is behind the office and wiping money from your cards. One office staff, large male has this thing of running after people trying to head butt them whilst trying to charge them 2000 lev for no reason. Maids were utterly useless as they didn’t go into our rooms all week, leaving us in horrible conditions. Only positive of this hotel was the bar staff.

3  Thank ewanrandall
StanislavaPetrova, Manager at Hotel Kalofer, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear one,

I am beyond amazed to read all this. But first let me thank you for giving me the chance to not just reply /as I of course do to all comments because not just me but all my colleagues value our guests opinion/ but give further details of your stay in Hotel Kalofer.
We may have our faults but for sure there are some things that I cannot agree with you on. Let me mention the following - believe it or not my telephone number is on the welcome letter you have received at the day of check in - so I can make sure that even if I am not at the office or at the bar, all guests will have immediate access to me through phone. If I were you I will not sleep in sheets covered with piss, blood and sick. Strangely you did not say anything about that and you were left in "horrible conditions".
So, lets leave aside the bedding problems - the stealing from the safety deposit box problems come next. Me personally watched the CCTV from the day that you said money from your box were stolen because "someone opened the box with only the master key". Well, I have no idea if it was you also that I spoke with the next day and not only spoke but showed actually with many random boxes that - the master key definitely does not open any box by itself - there has to be the other key as well - the one that was in your possession all the time.
Also for the "large male" - the same one told me even before you said anything about the safe, that one night someone of your party threw one of the cones that we have behind reception at him. I told him forget about it they were just probably joking or did not do it on purpose. Oh, stupid me - I should have looked for you and asked you for an explanation. Also I find it really amusing that you wrote he was asking for 2 000 leva to charge you - firstly you were not charged with anything during your stay /except for the food and the drinks you might have ordered at the bar/, secondly, what could cost 2 000 leva to be charged for and thirdly he is not insane. And believe it or not the guests usually leve him presents because he is a "large bad man trying to charge them with 2000 leva for no reason".
Also we have never had any hold of any of your credit cards at reception - the line for the credit cards was actually what made me write an answer straight away. You might have used the change that is close to reception but it has nothing to do with reception staff since it is rented out to a third party.
No one is perfect and when we know we are at fault we make everything possible to compensate our customers. But when we have no idea we are at fault and when we are accused of the happening of practically impossible things - that is another story and I will not apologize for it.

Wish you all the best.
Kind regards,
Stanislava Petrova, Manager Hotel

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Rooms never got cleaned yet maids seemed to be waltzing in and out everyday rearranging our stuff.. To our surprise items and lev were missing at the end. They never spoke a word of English so seem to shout at you in bulgarian in the morning banging on your door. Its my holiday, my favourite thing is certainly not to be woken up by an angry little bulgarian woman. No new towels, and instead of changing the sheets they just flip them over. Breakfast is greasy pasta and undercooked hot dogs wrapped in ham, I would suggest to self cater. Staff are rude apart from one lady who can speak English. Brown hair with the fringe speaks to you as if you are an invilid. Overall, wish I chose Benidorm.

Date of stay: June 2018