Brookstown Inn(Winston Salem)
US$130
US$113
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

US$123
US$173
  • Restaurant
US$135
Hampton.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

This property takes the awful award. Lobby upon entering had filthy tile. The decor is tired and front desk staff is challenged beyond basic minimum service.

The room was nasty. I would have left and tried to book elsewhere if there were somewhere else to go, but due to High Point Furniture Market, rooms were sold out.

The a/c sounded like a jet landing in the room, but at least it drowned out the tuba player practicing at 11:00 pm in the room next door. The light in the bathroom is on a sensor and wouldn't come on, when it would finally come on, it would turn itself off when I was in the shower. The "non smoking " room smelled like an ashtray and had very tired furniture.

The corridors needed to be vacuumed the entire stay. I never saw any cleaning ever taking place the duration of my stay.

The tile in the entrance and lobby is also unsafe. It's extremely slippery. One gentleman slipped on the tile when returning from market one evening. Someone is going to get seriously injured.

This property is a horrible representation of the brand and I don't even see how it is possible for them to maintain the Choice Hotel flag.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Clean rooms, comfortable beds, TV & fridge worked, and people who worked there were nice. Curtains totally blacked out the light. Additionally, could not hear the ice maker and our room was relatively close. These are the most important things to me.

Hotel is under renovation but that would not explain the entire hotel smelling "off." Breakfast was very limited so we went to McDonald's close by.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
QualityINN_WS, General Manager at Quality Inn Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you for staying with during your recent visit to the Winston Salem Area. On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were
to receive your kind words of praise with the exception of the smell which we are working on due to the renovation.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes
that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services
we provide.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Do not stay here this place is horrible, dirty and scary.
Picked this place to stay one night to break up the drive on the way to the beach. The location was convenient right off the freeway but the rooms are filthy including stained pillow cases and bedspreads. The hallways smelled of marijuana. Prostitution and drug trafficking going on. This location should be shut down. Not your typical Quality Inn, I am surprised a chain would allow a franchise to operate under these conditions.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

Overall clean. The bed was comfortable. We skipped breakfast. Their are several food restaurants near by. The guy at the front desk was friendly. It was a quiet stay. The only thing that bothered me was the burnt marks in the comforter on the bed.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Boyfriend originally reserved here for his homecoming at WSSU. Was shocked when they said they offered smoking rooms. I didn't think that was possible in North Carolina. We ended up getting a smoking room since both of us do smoke, big mistake. We get to the floor, the floor was full of a smoky haze. and stunk like a fish market and musty cigarettes. We get into the room, the bedspread is full of burn marks. The whole room smelled like something had died in there. The shower was nasty. It had mildew and was full of long hair. I told my boyfriend I was not comfortable there, but because it was already 1 in the morning. We said we would stay for the night. I cleaned the tub out before I got in, I had to wear shower shoes still, when I got in to wash my hair and turned to face the back wall it was full of long hair as well. I nearly got sick. After my shower, I had to always wear shoes because the carpet was disgusting like it was never vacuumed or shampooed. I had to get in the bed in regular clothes because I didn't feel comfortable sleeping in night clothes in the bed. I go to lie down on the pillow, and they stink so bad like they had never been cleaned, just one pillow case taken off and another put back on. Luckily I had my own pillow to sleep on. The next morning, after finally getting a little sleep, I went to do my hair and realized there was a huge hairball right between the coffeepot and the wall. I couldn't wait to get out of there fast enough. We complained the first night that the room was not up to our standards and that we would be leaving in the morning. They said that they would refund the card, but it would take three days to be returned. The refund was supposed to be for $191. Yet, when we check the bank statement, we have not been refunded and are charged an extra $28.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple