All reviewsthe concierge loungegraze restaurantconvention centervalet parkingcherry streetin house restaurantvalet serviceheart of downtownwithin walking distancewould stay here againhotel staffbreakfast buffetfront desk staffnorth carolinabusiness tripbeds were comfortableking room
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

You have a choice of valet parking or self parking in the parking garage across the street; there is a skywalk from the parking garage to the hotel. Rooms are spacious, quiet, and have min-fridges. Beds are comfortable. All staff are friendly and helpful.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We came in to town for the FSU Wake Forest football game. Decided to give Marriott a try. When we pulled in no one offered to help us with our luggage. I went to the front desk and the gal did not welcome us to the hotel or go over the type of room we would have. She basically just handed me the keys. When we got up to the room we had two beds. I called down to ask if we could be moved to a king room and she informed me that there weren't any available. The closet door in the room was broken and the room looked run down. The next morning we tried to put the TV on to watch the Dolphin game and the TV didn't work. They sent an engineer up to fix it which he wasn't able to do. I went downstairs at checkout to let them know how disappointed I was with this location and the manager was helping another guest and I was told she would work in it. I haven't heard back from the manager and it has been 4 days.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leah M
Bob F, Front Office Manager at Winston-Salem Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for choosing the Winston-Salem Marriott Downtown as your accommodation provider. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you during your stay. At your earliest convenience, may you contact me at (336) 725-3500. We hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Sincerely, Stephanie Wilkins Front Office Manager Stephanie.wilkins@twincityquarter.com

Reviewed 2 October 2017

customer service was number one. Not to mention Jarmayia. She was the best. Anytime I was lost or confused she was so informative, she stayed professional and did not act as if I was a problem, and she kept a smile. I know I had some issues, mixed ups, just a mess. What could go wrong did go wrong. They made my stay so pleasant. This could have ended in a night mare. The staff went above and beyond. Jamayia keep up the excellent service. All of The staff including the bells men. This Marriott takes PRIDE in there CUSTOMERS CARE. you guys ROCK.....

Room Tip: They have a nice indoor heated POOL...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Visited over WFU homecoming weekend. The lobby and lounge/bar areas are nice and all employees were pleasant.
As for the room - not the best Marriott I've stayed in, especially for the nightly rate. Walls were dirty in places, furniture needing replaced. They have a great spot in a smaller downtown so hopefully they have renovation plans in place, and soon!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Bob F, Front Office Manager at Winston-Salem Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for choosing the Winston-Salem Marriott Downtown as your accommodation provider. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you during your stay. Your feedback were expressed with the management team in efforts to improve in overall guest satisfaction. We are currently in the process of renovations to enhance our property and service to better host you and your family. We hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Sincerely, Stephanie Wilkins Front Office Manager Stephanie.wilkins@twincityquarter.com

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Good Customer Service is top priority for me at the hotel. This staff is all around awesome. I've been here for 3 days and have probably encountered approx. 15 different associates in my time here. I would say I've had a phenomenal experience with 14 of the 15. I'm not sure who the woman was on the phone with Guest Services but she was IMMACULATE she called twice to ensure my room service meal was alright and had a complimentary tea brought to me. I hope she's in a management role because she knows the key requirements in the Hospitality Industry. It's been a pleasure.

Room Tip: Great customer experience
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business