“Southern eats at their best”
Review of Moe's Original BBQ

Moe's Original BBQ
Ranked #122 of 749 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$9 - US$10
Description: Moe's Original BBQ is a Southern soul food revival where great food is served in an atmosphere that is relaxed, spontaneous, yet civilized....well, sometimes
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Top shelf BBQ and really great Southern sides. We had pulled pork with collard greens, home made mac and cheese and fantastic cornbread. I love to try BBQ in any new area I visit so I've had a lot of BBQ in my travels. Moe's ranks in the top 5 ever and that is high praise indeed.

Coastal Carolina usually would push out the vinegar/mustard sauce but the red sauce at Moe's was zesty with a bit of heat. Perfect!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Every North Carolinian has their particular BBQ style and this was not exactly mine. Being from Waxhaw NC, in town to Wilmington for the night and not wanting seafood decided to try Moe's BBQ. My wife always fusses at me when I order BBQ out of Charlotte due to my pickiness. I I ordered the 6 ribs, coleslaw and greenbeans. I am going to be honest: The coleslaw should have been labeled "Onion" slaw", the Greenbeans were OK and the Ribs (without some type of Sauce) they were kinda dry. I would not say this is NC BBQ at the least. For those who Know NC BBQ, (Troutmans's of Concord BBQ Slaw and Lexington BBQ Slaw and BBQ) is THE thing!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

This is a small restaurant and you order at the counter when you enter .
You pay then also and they bring your order out .
The sides were very good as was the cornbread .
I had the slaw and Brunswick Stew which was delicious .
I also had the smoked chicken and it was very good also .
I did not care for the bbq pork because it was dry and tasteless .
They offer a good variety of sauces .
Drinks are self serve .
It is very reasonably priced .
Better than we expected actually .

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

This is a must visit! This place has a fantastic atmosphere,excellent service,and great BBQ.They also have fantastic live music. Oh yeah, their smoked wings and catfish were unbelievable.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

There is no restaurant that highlights the difference between north and south than a BBQ! Sauces are different and sides are different from the cole slaw to the baked beans. Since I am from the north (and don't like spicy food - I eat at places so my husband can enjoy what he likes) my viewpoint is skewed, I know. The sauce is not the North Carolina sauce, but a more vinegary KC type of sauce. There is a wide variety of offerings and sides at Moe's and the counter man was very helpful and patient with me. I had smoked chicken and found it tasty but a little too tough. My son had a pulled pork and liked that while my husband had the ribs was very happy with them. They were not over-sauced and fall-off-the bone meaty.