“Captains platter. ”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I have no pleasure in offering a negative review of this restaurant. With it's great history I came with hopes if a satisfying meal but maybe it was a bad moment in the kitchen.
I ordered the Captains platter. Firstly, it was quite scant fir the 25 dollar. Price with one pityful piece of flounder, three scallops and three large shrimp, five oysters and a small dish of slaw. To my surprise, the frying oil must have been quite old and everything tasted the same and it had a strange dirty tasting flavor and the smell was about the same. Everything was overcooked and very dark. Before I got out if the restaurant, my stomach started turning over and I felt sick. To be shocked at such from this establishment is an understatement. Not wanting to be rude, I didn't complain. Something has gone South at Hieronymus . I trust the owners will address the situation.

2  Thank notch8man

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Service was great and atmosphere was nice. Food was good but not the best seafood I've had. It did satisfy my seafood fix for vacation though so I'll give it a solid 4. I would return here.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

We stopped here after asking for a recommendation at our hotel front desk. We should have bypassed this place altogether. The only good thing was the very sweet waitress. She was very attentive and just the nicest young lady. SHE actually pulled the rating up so that tells you how bad this place was.

My husband got the seafood platter (3 choice) and chose scallops, shrimp, fish. However, they were out of scallops so he had to choose another option but was not allowed to 'double' the amount of shrimp and had to choose either oysters or clams and he doesn't like either. I have no idea why they would not allow him to simply double up on shrimp but NOPE!! So he changed it to the 2 choice platter. Well, when it arrived, the servings were so small!!! And the food was dry. VERY dry!! For a seafood place, there were so few options. Not your typical seafood "house."

2  Thank travelinmama1731
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Ate in the oyster bar. Delicious fresh blackened tilefish w mashed potatoes & fresh vegetables. Service was outstanding, generous portions, cozy atmosphere & delicious fish. Worth a visit! Parking & seating are limited so go early.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We ate in the oyster bar section of the restaurant which was not busy. My guest had the grouper which was very modest in size but high in price. There was a mistake in the kitchen and he received the wrong side item. The waitress announced it as she delivered it. I am curious why she just didn’t correct it before she served it.
I ordered the small portion of shrimp and grits which was tasty, however the salad was served on small flat plate which did not work well. The salad fell off the plate. The final blow was they were out of my chosen dessert as well as 2 other dessert selections.
Disappointing.