All reviewsruth chriscity viewbell hopvalet parking attendantsgreat locationhilton familyfront deskexcellent hotelself parkinggreat view of the riverthe river walkstayed here for one nightper daycotton exchangecleaning staffstaff was very friendly and helpfulbreakfast buffet
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My stay at The Ballast Wilmington was by far the best hotel stay I have ever had. The room was spotless and well worth the money, its riverside location near numerous restaurants and great nightlife is perfect, and the staff was extremely accommodating and pleasant! This review would not be complete, however, without a special shout out to THE BEST tiki bartender, Matthew F.! His personality and tending skills are unmatched, and he really knows how to engage his customers in group conversation ... and get them to stay much longer than anticipated! ha ha! The Ballast is lucky to have "Mattie B."!! Thank you Ballast Wilmington for some wonderful memories. I will definitely be back!

Stayed: June 2018
00gc, General Manager at Hotel Ballast Wilmington, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Eileen, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Ballast. It's wonderful to read how much you like our location and friendly staff. Our associates are our best asset, and they work hard to create a welcoming experience for all of our guests. We'll be sure to share your compliments with the entire team, especially with Matthew. Thank you for being our guest. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

This was the host hotel for my family reunion. Our banquet was held here. The banquet staff were all courteous and helpful. The food was outstanding also. We collected surveys after the family reunion was done and quite a few of the family members expressed how much they enjoyed the food served.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
00gc, General Manager at Hotel Ballast Wilmington, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Ballast for your family reunion. Our staff works hard to make sure that every event is special for our guests, so we're pleased that our service and facilities met your expectations. It is also thrilling to know that the delicious preparations by our chefs delighted all of your taste buds. Thanks again for making us part of your event. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Made a reservation for our anniversary Got to the hotel, they have given us a room overlooking construction!! Horrible The only reason we came was to have an overnight with a river front view.. Then they told us they had nothing else!!! Thank goodness we were able to get a room at the new Embassy Suite with a view! No one seem to care al all...except our bell hop Damien! he was great...sorry it was a very bad experience. Embassy was great...same chain Hilton...new rooftop bar so it all worked out ...but shame on you Hotel Ballast!!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
00gc, Manager at Hotel Ballast Wilmington, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hello melj43:

On behalf of our entire team, please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations regarding your room location and availability. We want every guest to know their importance and to leave 100% satisfied. We will be using your feedback to implement improvements, and we are grateful for your business. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the superior experience you deserve.

Daniel Perkins
Assistant General Manager
Hotel Ballast

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for one night over the weekend 6/23. It was amazing the check in process was smooth. The staff was amazing. Matthew at the bar at ground level gave me a drink recommendation which to my surprise I loved. I was in the market to try something new in my experience bartenders always get creative with new drinks. Ruthie was also very nice and friendly. The lounge area was just amazing. The pool area was also nice. My room at The Ballest had an amazing view of the Lake which had a boardwalk. It was very romantic for my Husband and I. There was also an event going on at the end of boardwalk which was very fun. I will definitely return. Also Ruth Chris is located there as well. My only complaint is the room had a nasty smell and the room could have used better lighting was a lil dim. Overall amazing experience.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
00gc, General Manager at Hotel Ballast Wilmington, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review of the Hotel Ballast. We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with other travelers. Our team will be pleased to know they had a role in making your stay with us a memorable one. Thanks for allowing us to be of your service. We hope to have the pleasure of doing so again soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Disappointed that a hotel on the riverfront exhibits so little regard for natural resources. Single-use plastics, total lack of recycling, wasteful water fixtures - - and mold in sleeping room HVAC vents.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tapestry Collection by Hilton
00gc, Manager at Hotel Ballast Wilmington, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Hello OhgaNC:

We are pleased you chose to stay with us, and we appreciate knowing your opinion on where we need to improve. Please know that your feedback on ways we can be more environmentally friendly are welcome as we are always looking for ways to deliver an exceptional guest experience. Please let me know if you have any questions, and we hope you will choose us again whenever your travels bring you to the area.

Daniel Perkins