“Good Food”

Dodge City Steak House
Ranked #16 of 57 Restaurants in Wilkesboro
Reviewed 24 May 2018

Having had a late lunch traveling to the area my wife and I decided to share a strip steak. We added 6 shrimp for only $4.99. The steak was cooked to perfection and the shrimp was grilled. There wasn't even a plate sharing charge!

Reviewed 19 May 2018

Even when not busy, you will wait forever. The staff will stand around and talk instead of taking your order. Told the manager and she didn't care. She was rude. The bar staff is the worst. They are more interested in flirting with the customers than doing their job.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

We wrote off Dodge City after a bad experience two years ago, but we felt it was time to give the place another chance. Tonight the waitstaff performance, though by no means perfect, was greatly improved. Also much improved was the speed of delivery of our food and beverages, especially considering the fact that the restaurant was absolutely mobbed at 7 PM on a balmy Friday night. However, we found that the food was disappointing and the noise was stressful.

It was difficult to read the menu because there was no light above our table. I finally settled on the baby back ribs and my lady ordered the king crab legs. The crab legs arrived lukewarm without drawn butter or claw crackers, which we had to request. Our waitress cheerfully and quickly corrected those problems.

My ribs were greasy and the sauce on them had an odd, unappetizing flavor. You can get much better ribs shrink-wrapped at your nearby supermarket. The creamed spinach was also disappointing. At the end of the meal we both agreed that the only thing we'd ever order here again was the garlic mashed potatoes.

I should mention that the wine at $5 a glass was quite good and the pour was generous. We would order that again.

This restaurant is not a place where you can have a romantic dinner. In view of the food prices (upper end of medium), we were surprised. The noise level in this restaurant was absolutely unbearable. The patrons primarily consisted of young families with small children and thirty-something couples out for a good time. Noise didn't seem to bother them and in fact, they generated a lot of it.

Dodge City obviously has many fans and we can't expect management to change their strategy for my lady and me. We will likely dine elsewhere for the reasons mentioned above. We do strongly suggest that this restaurant invest in effective fireproof soundproofing on the ceiling.

1  Thank Sam S
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had never been and we’ve talked about going all the time. We finally made it down from Lenoir and had an AMAZING experience! The beer was SO COLD and the waitress was very knowledgeable. We ordered appetizers and had them out within 5 minutes and they were phenomenal! We both ordered ribeyes and baked potatoes and they were so tender! The manager came around and told us about their Friday night crab legs that we thought about doing that for our daughter the night before graduation. We would 100% recommend this to anyone and will definitely be back!!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

All you can eat shrimp night was very disappointing. 4 of us ordered the shrimp. 4 plates come out all the shrimp is overcooked to the point that it is impossible to peel. It had been a few months since the last visit. The shrimp was over cooked then, but edible. This time much worse. I've had shrimp all over the world. Never this bad. Stick to cow it you dare to frequent this establishment.