“Great atmosphere, but patience required.”

Talia Espresso Drive Thru
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Description: Talia Espresso Drive Thru location conveniently off Hwy. 421 in Wilkesboro NC. featuring gourmet lattes, espresso, coffee, cold blended drinks, smoothies, teas, frappes and light pastries
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Talia's offers a variety of coffees - I am allergic so I don't drink coffee, but what I see looks good and smells great! The chicken salad is wonderful, as are the cookies, muffins and cakes. At times, the wait time is longer than I would like, but the food is worth the wait. The cost is also more than other restaurants with similar offerings.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

We love this place, and visit every other week to study, drink their amazing coffee drinks and eat terrific fresh food. I'm vegan and my friend is not, and we are both very happy. Artisan items for sale as well, and several vegan milks available.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

The food is pretty good, but they use a lot of oil on what would normally be healthy sandwiches and salads. Coffee drinks are pretty good, but prices are outrageous! Everything that you add on jumps the price up significantly. I think my coffee drink here was almost 7 dollars, the same thing at Starbucks for comparison, is five. Both ridiculous prices for a coffee drink!

Reviewed 4 January 2017

This review is based on Talia's primary location on Main Street in North Wilkesboro, not their smaller drive-through location on US421.

I'm not really sure why we don't come to Talia more often, because it's a very nice experience. We just don't shop in downtown N.W. much, and that's our loss. The town has been steadily improving for years.

If you're just looking for a place to meet a friend and have a leisurely discussion over a cup of coffee, this definitely is it. If you want a healthy lunch without the heavy fried foods most restaurants typically feature, this is the place. This is not "down home" cooking, but there are plenty of other restaurants in the area for that.

The pita wraps, salads, and soups at Talia are original and tasty, with an accent on Mediterranean cuisine. The prices are reasonable. The service is somewhat leisurely because it's the customer's responsibility to pick up their order when it's ready at the counter, but somehow you don't mind that.

You never feel rushed here, and it's a good place to linger over your newspaper or a book. Talia's feels a lot like a library. The walls are lined with shelves, some containing pieces of art, and some containing books. A rack at the back offers a few good books for sale if you are so inclined.

Parallel parking at curbside is usually adequate unless you happen to arrive at the same time as the moviegoers patronizing the theater across the street. I can't think of any reason not to eat lunch at Talia, and resolve to do it more often in 2017.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

I saw that other review and am wondering if we were at the same place. This is one of the coffee houses I judge others by. Good vibe inside, good strong espresso and pretty reasonable food. We get the chicken salad sandwiches and coffee drinks when visit up here and they always seem good to us. I usually get double shot espresso's and my wife get's the Americano. These both seemed good and strong to us and we drink a ton a coffee. I cannot comment on the fru-fru drinks, but coffee is pretty darn good.