“Improved from a year ago”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #39 of 57 Restaurants in Wilkesboro
Reviewed 9 June 2018

We found ourselves running out of time on a busy weekday shopping afternoon, so we rolled the dice and gave Applebee's another chance after a long spell in our penalty box. While not a home run, this experience was better than the last time we dined here.

It is a good idea to order and pay with the terminal on your table. There is a bit of a learning curve but it is worth the effort. The user interface at Applebee's has been simplified and includes all the offerings on the regular menu, Your entire table service experience will be will be more streamlined (without sinking to the level of fast food). I especially liked getting my receipt printed by the tabletop terminal, which on this particular busy evening was very useful.

The food on this occasion was about average for most places we dine at, and better than our last visit to Applebee's. Ditto for the human part of the table service. However, my lady observed that the restaurant wasn't clean and seemed a little run down. So that nets to an overall rating of three. We will probably be back although not necessarily soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

We stopped by this Applebees before a movie. I have to say I was extremely disappointed. It started with drinks, they were tapped out of 2 beers at the bar and I was brought a Sam Adams seasonal instead of a Boston Lager, not a huge deal but waitstaff should know the difference.

I ordered the Brunch Burger and this is where it got pretty bad. Once the food arrived, after approximately 30 minutes, it was not busy, I cut my burger in half and noticed it was missing the bacon and onion. There was a patty, an over easy egg, and a little bit of potato. I waved to the waiter and asked him about the bacon and onions and he told me the burger did not include bacon or onions. He was sure of himself. I showed him on the menu that it did and he said they would take if off the ticket and make me a new one. We were there over and hour at this point and I didn't have time for another 30 minute wait. He was a bit rude and definitely not trained very well. I would recommend eating somewhere else.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We have not been to this Applebee's since Christmas of 2016. It had been on a decline for several years. We decided to give it one more try. We were not impressed. Although we were greeted with a smile and seated quickly the food was horrible. The riblets were cold and tough. They appeared to have been heated slightly in a microwave and sauce spooned over the top. The french fries tasted as if they had been cooked earlier and placed under heat lamp. We would have complained to our server but she never appeared after bringing us our food. We had to flag down another server just to get a refill on our drinks. We paid on the table top computer and left never to return.

1  Thank Jerri H
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We stopped in for a late lunch, and received such a warm welcome and attentive service. All the food was well-prepared and delivered, freshly cooked, and brought to our table in speedy fashion.

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

The servers here are great! You'll have to ask for Jeri or Thomas as they are my favorite.
Restaurant is clean and the food is consistent to other Applebee's around the country.