“Quaint & Eclectic”

Dry Street Pub & Pizza
Ranked #18 of 89 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Overall it's a really good place! Our family loves pizza, so we always like to look for a local hole-in-the-wall type restaurant.

The food is good. The garlic knots are really good, but warning, they have a slight kick to them.

We have eaten here 2 different times and continue to come back!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have been to Southport several times but this is the first time with guests that we have tried this place. We sat out in the porch area as no tables were available inside. Unfortunately for us there was a large group of ladies seated together who got very loud...otherwise it would have been a lovely spot. However, we did have very good service although our waitress disappeared for a while- then someone else took over. The food was excellent. It will certainly deserve another visit!

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

So, here we are on a Monday afternoon, looking for a simple yet delicious supper. Went through the book of eateries provided by our hotel and came across Dry Street Pub and Grub. Although we had passed it many times, never gave any thought to stopping. So, we said, " Let's try it ! " One of our better decisions. Walked in, not expecting to order pizza, which we did in the end. It was the call of the Food Sirens that did it. Great menu. We both enjoyed their soup du jour and the ultimate pizza we ordered, after doing some doctoring to the toppings we like. I even ate the crust, which I normally do not. And the craft beer selection....oh, my.....40 beers. Delicious. No, not all 40 ! Relished their Porter. In our mind, what really made the place was the atmosphere, meaning ambiance and their very busy crew. Our server was a hoot, funny, caring and friendly. Liked it so much we are returning Thursday for a working lunch, not that we will get much work done, however.......

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Let me begin by complimenting the warm and welcoming staff who checked in regularly and kept my drink filled. This is obviously a local joint, yet I felt comfortable.

But as for having the best pizza, they've got a ways to go, even though the local competition is Pizza Hut and Papa John's. I'm more critical about pizza, coming from New York where great pizza is everywhere. The kid who made my pie appeared to be 14 yrs old. The crust was chewy and soggy. Pesto is a poor replacement for fresh basil which is now available year-round. My friend Nino would clean up if he moved here and opened a restaurant.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

This was our second time here...honestly, the first visit was better. Wondering if the recipe or pizza crust changed? Great salads though.