“Nice staff, pizza needs work.”

Dry Street Pub & Pizza
Ranked #18 of 91 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Let me begin by complimenting the warm and welcoming staff who checked in regularly and kept my drink filled. This is obviously a local joint, yet I felt comfortable.

But as for having the best pizza, they've got a ways to go, even though the local competition is Pizza Hut and Papa John's. I'm more critical about pizza, coming from New York where great pizza is everywhere. The kid who made my pie appeared to be 14 yrs old. The crust was chewy and soggy. Pesto is a poor replacement for fresh basil which is now available year-round. My friend Nino would clean up if he moved here and opened a restaurant.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

This was our second time here...honestly, the first visit was better. Wondering if the recipe or pizza crust changed? Great salads though.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

We tried this restaurant one evening and were pleasantly surprised. We love the pizza here, better than anywhere else! The staff is friendly and they have an excellent beer selection. We’ve tried three of their salads and all are delicious. We eat there once a week and would highly recommend it. Not a big place but comfortable.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Dry St is our weekly 'go to' when the day has been busy and no one feels like cooking. All our out of town guests want a Dry St meal when they come to visit! The food is excellent, the staff is attentive and delightful. The environment feels "local" and comfortable. Throw in the homemade dessert and what more could we ask for?

Reviewed 30 January 2018

I think because we were there in the off-season, the staff was not prepared for a large influx of diners. Several of us were on a break between choir rehearsal and memorial service. Our food never arrived before it was time to go. We ended up eating while running back to the church. My sandwich would have been good under more calm circumstances!