Unison Croyde Bay Holiday Resort(Croyde)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$353
Watersmeet Hotel(Woolacombe)
US$235
Hotels.com
  • Free Breakfast
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$379/night.

The Fortescue Arms(Woolacombe)
Woodstock(Croyde)
Pitchup.com
Reviews (1 122)
1 122 results
All reviewsswimming poolcoast baron sitesoft play areasun holidaychanging roomscroyde burrowscentral heatingfun poolruda holiday parkentertainment passeskids entertainmentchip shopstatic caravanlovely caravanblue slideclovelly lodge
25 - 30 of 1 122 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have been to Ruda so many times, with family and friends and i always find that The caravans are perfect and the staff. We did have an enquiry but i would like to say the gentleman NORMAN who worked on reception was extremely friendly and helpful!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Set in idyllic devon countyside which is a plus point. This site is definitely suited for young families, people into surfing etc. If you have walking issuez its a fair walk to the beach and into the local village. Paying almost £5 for parking close to the beach is ok if staying a few hours.
Accommodation we had booked we thought was top of the range. However it looked very dated i dont think it was value for money

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My mum chose this holiday park out of the four we were considering because of all the positive reviews and lovely photos. I'm very glad we chose this one.

We stayed in a three bedroom lodge which was very comfortable and could sleep six, so plenty of room for the four of us. The lodge is a couple of minutes walk from the spectacular beach, this was very helpful as my mum is disabled and struggles to walk long distances. There's free WiFi in the café area but if you need internet access from where you're staying you have to pay a slightly expensive amount for the PAYG WiFi.

For people that like to be active, there is plenty to do in and around the holiday park. My little sister absolutely loved the cascade pool and wanted to spend most of her time there. There are also some amazing places to walk, I particularly liked the National Trust's Baggy Point which overlooks the Croyde area with some wonderful views. There's plenty of other activities too, such as surfing, volleyball and rock climbing.

The beach café was okay; the service and food was lovely but the café was always untidy and the music was a little too loud, but that didn't bother me too much. I had an American pancake breakfast in the café on the morning before we left which was very nice, although they took about half an hour to get my food to me due to a mistake, other than that it was lovely.

The customer service was always pleasant. There seemed to be people on patrol quite often which gave us a nice sense of safety, and the beach had plenty of lifeguards which always seemed to be attentive.

All-in-all we really enjoyed our stay at this holiday park and would definitely come again and recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Seems strange to see negative comments about this place as I find them hard to believe. Having read them we arrived with trepidation, only to find:
When we expected a bit of a run down caravan, we found a luxurious mobile home which slept six. All clean with clean sheets and beds made up. Lounge seating for about 10. All refurbished with new kitchen sink, new toilet with sink and new shower basin also with sink. Central heating and running hot water. Put on a nice site surrounded with grass.
There was the usual, and for me distasteful, children’s slot machine area.
Nice bar with friendly staff, also serving Costa Coffee.
A small soft play centre and a more adventurous play area in a field.
Toddlers entertainment in the morning although it was not for my grandson’s taste. And a children’s disco in the evening which a few children including my grandson found to be too loud. However it seemed popular with most other children.
Food in the bar was about usual bar prices but we did not try it. There is a chippy and a takeaway pizza (which was only open at weekends)
The highlight for us was the Adventure indoor Pool. Which was great fun and one of the best I have seen. Three or sometimes four lifeguards all the time, so very safe.
The lovely beach is about 200 yards away. It is very large but you must share it with the surfers and beach volley ballers. Our only problem was the weather!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Croyde is an absolutely beautiful place, superb beach, plenty if things to do rain or shine. Ruda park is in an excellent location. The Glamping tents are great, beds really comfortable, plumbing not so great! A design fault caused the water in the kitchen sink to just pour straight into the cupboard below onto the floor saturating it. The site layout is brilliant, fabulous parks for the kids and large spaces to play ball games. The kids entertainment was also great. My two were 4 and 5 and loved it. Overall had a great holiday. The indoor pool is a great layout to enable you to watch younger ones without having to follow them down the slides every time. The reason I have given a low score, the pool changing room is disgusting, really disgusting, I feel sick thinking about how dirty and dated it is. Same goes for the shower blocks, locks broken on most toilet doors, looks very dated and in need of improvement. The cleanliness was also disgusting. I would not recommend eating at Ruda at all unless you want an upset stomach. On the two occasions during the weeks stay we ate twice at the fish and chip shop, we all suffered with bad stomachs which spoilt the following day on the beach. There is another camp site nearby, smaller but better facilities I'm told. I'd rather stay there next time and forego the kids entertainment. There are amazing restaurants in croyde only a short walk away. Also the amusement arcade quite a few of the machines weren't working and there clearly aren't enough staff to see to issues. Real shame becausr this site is in a perfect location, surely they can spend some money on it.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family