“Oasis in the City”
Review of Greenhouse Coffee

Greenhouse Coffee
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Yinchuan
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Description: A rare gem in Yinchuan. Managed by Singaporeans, a Romanian, and an American we only use the best ingredients and hope you'll find us to be your favorite resting hole in low key Yinchuan. Our beans are roasted at Greenhouse in Xining, China at high altitude which allows us to achieve maximum flavor in our coffee at lower temperatures, saving flavor and energy. Delicious salads, sandwiches (Chicken pesto panini is most popular), pizzas, wraps, and hummus plates are made from fresh for you. Check out our weekly events and catch a live show at our open mic nights!
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

This shop offers a variety of tasty, well-made menu items including chicken tortilla, chicken pesto sandwich, and even a Mexican salad. The servers are friendly, the atmosphere bright & clean, and wifi is free. There's also a regular open mic on Saturday nights that draws in a pretty good size crowd.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank YellowJello00
Ty S, Manager at Greenhouse Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2017

Thanks for your review!

Reviewed 17 January 2017

It is not easy to find. You have to walk down and alley and among several food stalls, but once you find it you will discover an enjoyable little coffee shop. Customer service is fantastic. I have found that every employee is usually smiling and always ready to serve. Prices are a little higher than I personally prefer to pay.

I have not eaten at this coffee shop, but my wife likes the sandwiches. I enjoy the peanut butter smoothie.

If you are looking for a quiet place for privacy this is a good choice if it is empty, but if it is busy with customers it is not quiet and there is little privacy because all the tables are very close together. It is a small space. Definitely worth checking out!

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank chris-globalbridge
Ty S, Manager at Greenhouse Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2017

Thanks for your helpful review! Our Greenhouse Team is glad you found us and recommend others checking us out. We take your feedback seriously and will work on improving our menu and prices to suit a variety of people. Currently we are redoing our menu and are looking to add Mexican Food. Thanks again for the review!

Reviewed 23 November 2016

Though this cafe is not an unpleasant one, I feel it necessary to burst the bubble of praise surrounding it. The Greenhouse cafe may very well have the best cheese cake for miles, but it sets the bar on par with mediocrity. In addition to the cheese cake I had a french press coffee, the Columbian blend, which I'm sure is a fine enough coffee, however there was hardly enough to meet the bottom of the fully extended press which made for a caffeine fix that may or may not have been adequate to stimulate a small animal. Tremendously disappointing after a long day of sightseeing in subzero temperature.
The atmosphere, in terms of the decoration, design, and music, was all quite uninspiring and akin to other generic "western style" cafe's around China.
I am sympathetic to the difficulty of finding a suitable cafe in fairly remote parts of China and this may very well be a refuge for those living or visiting Yinchuan - for this reason I do appreciate this cafe. On the other hand, let's call a spade a spade and accept that this cafe is perhaps the best of a few unexceptional options.

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank Connor M
Reviewed 19 April 2016

Comfortable seating, friendly staff and great food. Kids can play at the playground while parents chat on the balcony overseeing the playground. Calm atmosphere. Delicious cakes. Quality well rounded coffee selection.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 13 March 2016

The Greenhouse is a little difficult to find (down an alley across from the KFC just south of Ningxia University's main campus), but once you find it you'll keep going back. I often go there to get a bit of work done. My family also often dines here. My kids love the little playground on the first floor. We love the frequent Open Mic nights as well. The cheesy flatbread pizzas are some of the best available in Yinchuan. My wife loves the coffee, but as a non-coffee drinker, I prefer the smoothies. They also have tasty pannini sandwiches and wraps. To top it all off, the food prices are on the lower end, at least when it comes to Western food (eg. 45-50 RMB for a flatbread pizza). They also have tasty desserts like real cheesecake and cinnamon rolls。 如果你要吃真实的西餐 (披萨,三明治),新鲜的咖啡,古林坊是很好的

Date of visit: March 2016