See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 November 2017

I came to this hotel after 3 nights in a Yangtze River cruise cabin so anything would have been better. What I actually walked into was the complete opposite of the cruise cabin – a big luxurious room, a spa bath (without the spa jets), separate shower, a big comfortable bed with decent pillows, a fridge and all amenities. The included breakfast is good (though if you’re a bit late too much of it has gone cold). The Wi-fi works OK. There is a big TV. The water pressure is adequate. A few minor things that should be attended to – a bit of skirting board was missing, the taps on the bath tub were loose and the air con didn’t seem to heat. But none of these detracted from my stay. This hotel is also centrally located and there are shops and restaurants nearby. At around AU$90 per night, this is definitely great value and an excellent hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

We booked for an overnight stay here because it had a good review on a different website and was supposed to be 4 stars!
The place was adequately decorated but not 4 star
The staff were unfriendly and the price quite expensive for the area. We entered our room and I needed a cup of tea after a long day. I asked if they had sugar but they said not!
Then we noticed that the room was cold and tried to adjust the heating - but was unable to.because the controls were broken! Finally I decided to have a tea without sugar but the kettle wouldn’t work!
Finally the room was very dusty - it had a computer in the room and the keyboard was nothing short of disgusting!
Staff were very unsympathetic and basically had a take it or leave it attitude-
We left it got a refund and went to a different hotel! Avoid this place!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel just last week and omg... one of the worst hotels I’ve stayed at. The lobby looks deceivingly decent but when you get into your room, it looks presentable enough.. till the smoke and some other smell hit you!! Opening the window didn’t really help either. The carpet is filthy... mold in the bathroom, panelings in the bathroom are falling apart... water did not drain properly in the shower... DEFINITELY WOULD NOT STAY HERE EVER AGAIN!! And I actually got an upgraded room....

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

There are many hotels in Zhangjiajie and Kaili International Hotel is one of the better ones.
This is a relatively new hotel with good facilities.
Service - Good, no complaints.
Bed - Comfortable
Toilet & Bathroom - Excellent. Water from the shower is strong.
Facilities - LCD television, safe, hair dryer & some toiletries provided.
Breakfast generally good
A good hotel to rest your tired body after a long day of hiking in Zhangjiajie

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2016

Stayed one night at this hotel as per our guide's arrangement. It happened to be the best hotel among all the ones I stayed in during my trip to Zhangjiajie, be it from the aspect of cleanliness and comfort. The hall is spacious and modern looking. The room is not very big but nevertheless, comfortable enough to fit 3 adults. The room and bathroom is sparkling clean and I like how they have a wall to split between the shower and the toilet. The breakfast serves western and Asian and I must say it's also the best breakfast I had during my entire trip. The food quality and taste is good. Perhaps the only downside is the location, whereby there is no tourist spot nearby but most people who stay would be those on a tour so transport shouldn't be an issue. Highly recommended for a stay here if you happened to pass by Zhangjiajie.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family