“Surprised (in a good way) by our dinner”
Review of Carolina Ale House

Carolina Ale House
Ranked #700 of 1 537 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My husband and I had been travelling since the early morning and ended up here for dinner. I assumed that it was going to be medicore burgers and fries and resigned myself to that.

We had a very nice lobster/artichoke dip to start and I ended up getting a kale caesar salad with grilled shrimp. I have to say that I was quite surprised by the quality of the salad and shrimp.

Nothing earth shattering but an all around solid meal

WeCare-BrandManager, Owner at Carolina Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thanks for the nice review Kana!

Reviewed 15 March 2018

I had the pimento burger, and it was delicious. The waitress and bartender were very knowledgeable and helpful in regards to ordering draft beer. There were several good wheat options.

WeCare-BrandManager, Owner at Carolina Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thanks for the 5 stars and the review!

Reviewed 20 February 2018

My husband, son and I ate here for dinner after moving all day. We were promptly greeted and taken to our table. We ordered our drinks, which arrived quickly. We ordered the "frickles" for an appetizer. They were good, not great. We ordered our dinners and they arrived fairly quic. Our take away from this meal is that anything that has a breading is too salty for our taste. The general consensus of my family was the service was very good and the food was good, but not great. Not sure if we'll return or not...

WeCare-BrandManager, Owner at Carolina Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Thanks for the review and the feedback! I'll make sure our team sees this so we can use it for coaching.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

I enjoyed my Caribbean tuna sandwich and the service was very prompt. Quite a casual place, but very good for meet ups and watching your favorite team. Easy parking is a plus.

WeCare-BrandManager, Owner at Carolina Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Thanks for the 4 stars!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We had reservation for 17 people but the table was not set up. We had one waitress that took our drinks and food order. That made no sense. She did have help when the drink and food came out. Some of the food and reordering drinks was slow coming out. The food was great. A free desert for the birthday guy.

WeCare-BrandManager, General Manager at Carolina Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thanks for the 4 stars and the feedback Whoodchop!

Been to Carolina Ale House? Share your experiences!