“Hush Puppies!”

Ranked #26 of 91 Restaurants in Nags Head
Price range: US$7 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Dirty Dick's Crab House is all about the FUN...in fact, the only thing we are serious about is our seafood - fresh seafood served daily!
Reviewed 18 July 2018

We were in the mood for seafood, so we decided to give this place a try. We stopped by on a Monday afternoon, after the lunch rush hour and were seated right away. Our waiter was very friendly and answered our questions about the menu with ease. We were pleasantly surprised to receive a complimentary basket of hush puppies. Needless to say they were delicious! My husband ordered the steamed crab legs, which included potatoes and corn. I ordered the crab cake sandwich and upgraded to get fries. Unfortunately, I was not completely satisfied with the crab cake because it was a bit dry, but I'm used to New England Style Crab Cakes which now I know that I prefer. I also ordered a cup of the New England Clam Chowder, which was delicious! Overall, we enjoyed our meal and would definitely stop back!

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

My family and I recently visited Dirty Dick's Crab House in Nags Head North Carolina. Needless to say it absolutely lived up to its reputation that proceeded it. We were greeted by friendly host we were seated rather quickly even though the restaurant seemed very busy. Our waitress Tina was very polite and very knowledgeable of the different menu options. Normally and our experience when you visit a restaurant that was busy there is a delay and meeting your server or getting any service. This was nowhere near the case here. Our food was outstanding are drinks actually tasted like drinks and weren't water down like some of the other restaurants that are on the Outer Banks and the price we could not beat. Will be on the Outer Banks for the next two weeks and would love to continue to patronize Dirty Dick's because of the atmosphere helpful staff excellent food great prices. Also it surprises that they actually have a gift shop with Dirty Dick's memorabilia which we also purchased during our visit we asked a young man who told us his name was Robin would you believe if we were able to leave our table and go visit the gift shop he told us absolutely that our table would not be giving away and we purchased quite a few items from the gift shop. Primarily t-shirts but they also had great nick-nacks for reasonable prices we would advise anyone that's visiting the Outer Banks to take time to stop to Dirty Dick's you will not be disappointed.<

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Ask for Tina, she took care of my needs before I knew I had them. I didn't expect Rob, the manager, to check in as well, since service was excellent, but I was pleasantly surprised. So much so, I'll be returning for dinner, with friends. Dining alone is freeing; when you try it for the first time, definitely get your crabs (and anything else) from Dirty Dick's. Bring your friends too; they might like you more.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

They were able to accommodate my large party of 16 with no problem. All the food came out in no time flat and our server Chantel was awesome! We never had to look for her and she gave recommendations and saved us money. We even got a treat and met The Dirty Dick!! Spent a half hour telling jokes and making sure we felt welcome. We will visit every time we come to OBX!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

My husband loves a buffet and wanted to try this for breakfast. We were a little late (1030) and the food on the buffet table looked as though it had been sitting for quite awhile. Unappetizing but thought I would try the chicken and waffles. I couldn't cut through or eat the chicken and the waffle was awful. The lady making the omelet's was very friendly and my husband said his omelet was good. The beignet's were great (the waitress brought 2 to the table). This wasn't cheap and not worth the money. I also told my hubby that they may do fine for seafood but not breakfast.

2  Thank Leigh M