“Family vacation fun!”

Ranked #28 of 92 Restaurants in Nags Head
Price range: US$7 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Dirty Dick's Crab House is all about the FUN...in fact, the only thing we are serious about is our seafood - fresh seafood served daily!
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Great food... all you can eat fried shrimp, clams, fish and chicken! Loved our waitress Chantal! Manager took our pics and selfie. So funny!!

DDXrestaurant, General Manager at Dirty Dick's Crab House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

I'm glad you enjoyed everything. Thanks for taking the time to review us. BTW I prefer photo bombs over the hidden selfie!! lol

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We went there twice during our stay. Our daughter was married on the beach and we stayed a week and ate at several different places but the food and staff there are exceptional . Very friendly and attentive we would have eaten there again if there had been time. Loved it!

Thank you so much. We try really hard to bring this kind of experience to everyone that comes through the door. It's awesome for me when my people make you feel good because that's what it's all about.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Our family of 24 decided this place sounded fun so I called ahead to see if we could get a reservation. They don't take reservations, but they do take "call aheads", which I highly recommend (they sat us within minutes, and the place was busy). Crystal immediately got our drinks and took our order, and we were prepared to wait awhile since so many people had just been seated. So I was really surprised to see our food come out as quickly as it did, without delay.

We got the crab dip appetizer with pita chips which was delicious. My brother got the she crab soup appetizer and insisted I write about it in the review: creamy with nice chunks of crab. For dinner my wife got the salmon fresh catch and I got the full Dungeness crab (both pictured). Both were wonderful!

It was the manager (Rob?) who took our call in, and who couldn't have been more accommodating (I told him 20 were coming and 24 showed up). He made sure our accommodations were perfect, and welcomed us with a great sense of humor. Crystal was great: From my mother: "in the midst of chaos, our waitress was an island of sanity"

All in all a fun experience that we will remember and laugh about. And don't let the name fool you: this is a great crab house! I would come back in a heart beat!

OHHHH YEAHHHH...I remember you guys. I went back and told your family that you could only count to twenty because you ran out of fingers and toes!! lol
You guys were fun from the start. I appreciate you guys a bunch because you let us seat you and slowly start you off because we had sat like 180 people in twenty minutes right before you showed up. I made the promise to you at the hostess stand that we WOULD take care of you but were going to have give us a few minutes to get you off the ground. You obliged and had the kind of fun that I enjoy seeing.
I do have one question though... As good looking as your family is....Are we related?? lol

Thanks again,

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We had 21 family for dinner and we all loved our meal. Our waitress Marquita was wonderful.....helpful, friendly and happy!

That's our girl!! Thanks for the review and please feel free to ask for her on your next visit. She i so fun that she makes the food taste better!! lol

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Dirty Dicks is not very fancy, but the seafood is a bit above average. My wife enjoyed the clam chowder and I enjoyed the soft shell crab sandwich. Would return.

Thanks for taking the time to give us a positive review.