“Lunch”

Ranked #26 of 91 Restaurants in Nags Head
Price range: US$7 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Dirty Dick's Crab House is all about the FUN...in fact, the only thing we are serious about is our seafood - fresh seafood served daily!
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Thank you Kellye for your amazing service! We had some good apps and drinks here for lunch with our family. Delicious oysters

DDXrestaurant, General Manager at Dirty Dick's Crab House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2018

I'm delighted that you enjoyed Kellye so much. She's been with us for three years and we had to coax her into making the jump to waiting tables. By the looks of it in this review...we all made the right choice! Our oysters are local from the Chesapeake Bay area and have been consistently good. Next visit feel free to ask for Kellye, please check out some new items off of the menu and maybe even try us for breakfast!

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We came on May 15th, our waitress was Marquita. My husband and I both ordered AYCE steamed crab legs. We were able to order anything from clam strips, steamed/fried shrimp to steamed crab legs. Absolutely everything was incredible from the fish to the crab legs to the great service! I believe the manager was the gentlemen who occasionally checked on us, without intruding in on our lunch.

Wow!! Your review make us sound sooo good. It's great to get noticed for our hard work. Marquita is a hardworking server entering her third season with us. The AYCE entrees offer a bunch of choices and they are definitely popular. Come back and try us for breakfast soon and ask for your girl!

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Four of us enjoyed dinner at Dirty Dick’s. My husband’s brother had crab cakes. His wife had shrimp creole grits. My husband had shrimp scampi. I had Caesar salad with blackened puppy drum, a local fish the Outer Banks is known for. Everyone’s meal was delicious, served by a jovial and efficient waiter. Appetizers were good too: gator bites and fried pickles.

We each had a great cocktail. My husband’s traditional gin cocktail with a touch of vermouth was perfect. His brother’s rum punch was delicious. I was at first skeptical of the layer of whipped cream atop my frozen strawberry daiquiri, but it was wonderful. (I should have had it for dessert, but then there wouldn’t have been room for it.)

Dirty Dick’s really has a touch of New Orleans. I was surprised to see Poboys on the menu, with “real N.O. French bread,” and roast beef poboys with “debris.” New Orleanians know that means you need several napkins for the sloppy treat. We didn’t order these, but I’ll bet they’re worth trying.

Thank you Barbara for the OVER THE TOP REVIEW!! We actually get our French Bread for our Po'Boys from Gambino's Bakery in New Orleans. The Debris is one of my favorites and I'm totally impressed from the different items you ordered from all over my menu...especially those items that have that Cajun/creole flare. Next visit you just have to try our award winning White Chocolate Bread Pudding with the Bourbon Sauce...you'll love it and it will definitely take you back home!! Ask for me upon your next visit and I may even send it out to the table on the owner's dime!! LOL

Rob B.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

We arrived & were seated promptly, after 10-15 minutes of watching everyone being seated after us getting waited on, we left, the waitress made eye contact with us then, made no attempt to correct the situation, even when I complained at the host station, they just said "sorry" and watched us leave. Never again!

This table was contacted by myself and brought back in two days later. According to their text on my cell phone they loved their experience and will be back soon. We also used this as an example to train everyone so we don't overlook customers in the future. While this review looks bad we were able to make it right and that, in my book, is a win!!

Reviewed 15 May 2018

our waitress Valerie was excellent, the food was very good served hot and prompt. She paid attention to the customers needs.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. Val is excellent at what she does. I hope that you get the opportunity to request her again soon!!