“Great breakfast”
Review of First Watch

First Watch
Ranked #39 of 198 Restaurants in Matthews
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Lots of breakfast places have mushy hash browns and box mix tasting pancakes but this place is completely different. I had a skillet breakfast with eggs, tomatoes, potatoes and bacon and I spent the next month trying to recreate it at home. Super good. The toast was also hearty. The downside is it is expensive for a breakfast place.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

The food was great! The portion size was good for the money I guess. you kind of overlook it when you start eating, because the food does taste good. The servers were good, considering it was our first time there I thought they could have told us more about what the restaurant is a bout, local sustainable type of set up, but we ended up reading it from the menu. I would go back but not if I am super hungry lol. And I am not a big eater, just thinking for 10-15 a plate (breakfast) I should be looking at a plate that does not look like they ran out of food. or use a smaller plate.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

This is a fairly new place in Matthews and we were excited to try it. It was Friday morning about 9am and the place was only half filled. Lots of waitresses moving about and more to be seen standing in kitchen door. Other patrons came in behind us and some were seated near us. We watched as they received coffee and had their orders taken. Finally we both had had enough, There are an abundance of breakfast places nearby, most of which have great service and more reasonable prices. Not sure what the issue was but we've definitely scratched this place off our list

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

There was 6 people in the group, 5 got their meal and I waited 15 minutes for mine. Manager was very uncaring. I don't think I will be back. Food was good, but my friends food got cold waiting for mine to come. Had to ask for the manager several times before he came to the table and he did nothing to make it right.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

That’s exactly what I did with three of my girlfriends. All of us following various diet plans but all satisfied with delight over the choices Fitst Watch had to offer. I selected the very yummy Baconado...excellent choice for the Keto dieter. Loved the decor of the restaurant and the friendliness of the staff. We were visited by the manager whose determination was for all to be perfect for our breakfast experience, and it was. He was very interested in our feedback looking for ways to improve. He didn’t have to do too much, all four of us were pleased and can’t wait for the next location to open.