“Food just ok - service terrible”

Jekyll and Hyde Taphouse
Ranked #42 of 197 Restaurants in Matthews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We took a business guest out tonight and went to Jekyll and Hyde. The experienced waitress was training a very new waiter. We ordered drinks and an appetizer when they initially came around. Although it was obvious that we had not looked at the menu, they came and asked to order 2 times. The third time, we did order even though our appetizer had not been delivered. About 10 minutes later, the appetizer came to the table and before we could even take our first bite, our meals came to the table. We noted that we were not ready for them but they just said - well we were quick tonight - haha. Later, the waitress apologized but did not offer to take them back or reheat or comp. So we ate our dinners cold. Neither the newbie waiter nor waitress refilled our waters or checked on us after. I had to ask twice for my salad dressing the second time flagging her down as she hurried past our table.
If this is the kind of service to expect - we will not go back, especially if we have business guest.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Out family has been eating here since it has opened. The food has been spot on every time and we have just about tried everything on the menus. Love the environment and the food. Only suggestion..greeters at the door need to be more friendly and talk to us instead of each other. Service could be a little faster...however, it is worth the wait!

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed the best meal in our ten day stay in Charlotte, unfortunately like every other restaurant we have visited (baring the cheesecake factory) one meal arrived ten minutes after the first three.

Given the name tge interior decor even though unique could lend itself to the name a little more.

Nice bar area that opens out onto the deck.

Very busy so arrive early.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Stopped in here Saturday night for a drink and a snack. What a waste of time. I ordered a bourbon on a large ice cube which the bartender said she had. Then she brings me back my bourbon in a glass full of ice cubes. Then she makes a drink for my girl friend (I'll get back to that). About 5 minutes goes by getting the other drink so my bourbon is all watered down by now. I tell the bartender I want another drink because she did not get me what I ordered. Then she gives me a dirty look as I did something wrong. My girlfriends drink was their signature drink at the bar and as she described it was the worse drink she has ever had in her life. I tasted it and agreed. She did not drink it. We ordered the shrimp basket for a snack. The breading on the shrimp was so salty we could not eat it. We had to peal off the coating. Place is a waste of time . I would not recommend this place to anyone!!!!

1  Thank jgesell1
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Ate there with friends. Nice place with a good menu and very good tap beer selection. A little pricey but if they can improve the execution a good value. My wife had the fish and chips which was cooked well. Light batter and not greasy. I had a hamburger, which I actually got cooked the way I asked - medium. French fries were served cold and the onion soup I ordered was served lukewarm. My friend has a steak, which he said was excellent. Service was very good. However at $16 for a hamburger they need to improve the execution.