See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 October 2018

We came with a group of bikers for our annual GMen rally. The rooms really have improved and you can see the hard work by all the landscaping and personal touches. The staff was great, Kristen was an above and beyond host (she kept us stocked with plenty of wood for the fire pits and anything else we needed) and the bbq was an amazing bonus, can't wait until next year!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank gmanmoto1954
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Me my husband, daughter & son in law, visited for short weekend getaway, the cabin was quiet adorable & the deck over the creek so relaxing. The cabin was equipped with everything we needed & if there was anything we needed we didn't have to ask twice. We always stay at Maggie Valley & found out about this place due to it being pet friendly & I'm glad we did. We will be going back.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Donna C
Reviewed 26 July 2018

This is a very comfortable motel. The people, like Claire, make it well worth returning to. We were warmly welcomed by Claire as well as the manager and groundskeeper. The property is well-maintained and convenient to our favorite breakfast and dinner spots. They offer a continental breakfast, which encompassed a variety of choices from yogurt and cereal to muffins and oatmeal with a microwave to heat up anything I chose. Coffee, tea, and juice were available and delicious. The seating area was cozy and afforded us the opportunity to quiz Claire about things to do in the area. We've been coming to Maggie Valley for 20 years and are pleased to have found this wonderful, comfortable spot to stay.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2018

rented two rooms here was fairly happy with the accommodations though the heat did not work all to well. Just your basics no real frills. Nice view. Problem is they charged a 100 or so dolor deposit to my card telling me it would be returned in a few days. It was not. I called and spoke to a nice lady who told me I would receive an e- mail and a call from management. Management did not call, but I did receive an e mail telling me I had been charged a smocking fee. We had all made a point to smoke outside the rooms and were only actually in the rooms for less than ten hours. I personally made sure these two rooms were in good shape when we left. Very upsetting. Guess I was charged for using the ash trays that had on the tables outside the rooms.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

We were not expecting much from a motel, but we were hoping our basic needs would be met, when we booked Meadowlark Motel for the holiday weekend. They promised a room, a bed, WiFi, and few other amenities, so we booked it... First the good: it is supposedly being renovated one room at a time and you can see a newer carpet or microwave here and there (we had 3 rooms to compare from.). Fridge was working, although de-icing the freezer from time to time could improve its performance and perhaps make it work a bit quieter. Microwave was working, TV too. So far, so good.

Then there was the heater. Every time it turned on, it sounded like a plane taking off. It blasted dry hot air into the room, yet leaving the bathroom completely cold, whilst our eyes and throats were grasping for some humidity. In one of the rooms (106), hot water was slightly warmer than room temperature and the friendly, but utterly unhelpful girl at the desk told us that “the maintenance guy left already, but will be back tomorrow” (after we would check out) to take a look. With that she didn’t even ask me what room I was talking about... WiFi works really well in the reception area, but concrete walls of the motel completely block any airwaves, be it cellular reception or WiFi, yet allow outside conversations to carry right into the room unobstructed. All in all, probably the worst accommodations I’ve seen since the reed hut inn on native man made reed islands in the middle of lake Titikaka in Peru. But that one was minimalistic by design. What’s your excuse, Meadowlark owners?

Date of stay: December 2017