All reviews front desk choice hotels waffles the breakfast area hot tub room was clean would stay here again festival grounds indoor pool shower head clean place to stay night's sleep nice stay free breakfast waffle maker first floor the blue ridge parkway
Reviewed 11 May 2016

The Comfort Inn Maggie Valley is a very clean and quiet hotel. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The location of the hotel is good for visiting the local shops and eateries. The room was very clean and had the typical amenities for a Comfort Inn. A micro/fridge combo and fairly quick wifi made for a nice stay. I recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank MarcusL349
Reviewed 8 May 2016

The best hotel money can buy at this price point. The room was lovely, fresh, spotless, and very comfortable. The bathroom appeared brand new, the shower was great, and the towels plush. Breakfast was generous and extensive: waffles, cheese omelets, cereal, bagels, sausage patties, boiled eggs, yogurt, real butter, half and half, good coffee. My sister and I felt like somebody made a point to think of everything we might need for Comfort :) Thank you!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Thank Julie R. G
Reviewed 6 May 2016

Great location ...comfortable room, clean bathroom ...great night sleep ...when possible we travel using our own pillows as we did during this trip. Breakfast was good and the location was close to "Wheels of Time" which was our reason we stayed the night. The TV in our room had a terrible picture. We called the front desk and were told they would be right up to fix it. They came, saw the problem, and hit the top of the unit and our picture became crystal clear and we had no problem after that. Would recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy A
Reviewed 27 April 2016

Typical Comfort Inn except rooms large and newly upgraded. Great spot if you are hiking or skiing in area and just need a place to crash. Breakfast bar OK with typical terrible syrupy cheap hotel type coffee. Internet is fine for checking email.

Cannot beat the price so I give it a thumbs up.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2016

I called in and made reservations, Spoke with Katie who was very friendly, and took care of getting me a room and confirming my stay, and emailing me a confirmation. I made it clear we wouldn't arrive until late Friday night, I even called back twice to confirm the room was ready, and our late arrival would be ok, both times confirmed room and late arrival was okay. We arrived at midnight, to meet Stan, the Night audit shift worker, who went to check us in, took my payment for the stay and I noticed my key card and the document I was signing had two desperate room numbers were not the same, so I mentioned it. Stan then went into panic mode, trying to figure out what the deal was, and needless to stay after Stan going around the whole hotel, trying to get into rooms to see if there were any open rooms, calling rooms at now 1:00am in the morning he calls the owner " Mike Patel" who was VERY rude, unfriendly, and checked the computer to see that there was an open room # 136- Here goes stan back into the rooms knocking, and trying to get in to find us a room, By this time it's 1:45am in the morning and we're still standing in the lobby waiting on a room, I asked to speak to Mike Patel who was on the phone, and he refused to speak, however noting that he would put me in the "travellowes" hotel next door which is a crap hole, but was told " it's been remolded" everyone in that town said " stay away from travellowes, just to get me to shut up because I refused to leave without a room since I had already paid, and it was now almost 2:00am- I refused to go to the crap hole next door, so I threw another fit, and then was told that Ramada down the street had a room- Which I found out Mike Patel owns, so I insisted on having a room down there, Mike noted that I could stay down there and my stay would be " Comped" which would mean to me my entire stay would be free after the horrible experience I just had at the comfort inn. We arrive at the Ramada, and was informed by Mike at the desk that Mike Patel said that the room was only free for one night, that we would need to be charged, but this time I was to tired to even deal with that, so I said ok" and just went to my room, I was so angry and upset over this whole situation. Saturday morning came, I checked my bank account and noticed that I was charged an additional $110.99 from Comfort inn (for no reason, because we did NOT stay there) So, here I go back down to comfort inn to take care of this, and find out why, I found out that Stan, charged my card and shouldn't have charged my card for that statement, and then voided it, so now I have a charge that should have never happened on my bank account that should be refunded in 7-10 days. I'm steaming mad by now- and really just want to deal with mike Patel, who is somewhere in Kentucky outta town and refuses to even speak to me on the phone. Needless to stay our weekend was ruined by this horrible disaster of a hotel chain, staff, and owner who have no customer service skills, and who are not capable of managing, or handling room confirmations, room check-ins, or anything else. And to beat it all, I was told the original room I should have had 135 was open, and stan should have put us in that room- after standing for two hours room less. I will never be back to any of the "Patel" ran hotel's in the Maggie valley area, and I'll ensure that everyone,and everyone I can reach out to, share this information with including all of the higher ups at Comfort,Ramada will be hearing from me regarding this information. And, I still was charged after the nonsense for one night at the Ramada after being told my whole stay was " comped" which I should have known wasn't true.

Room tip: Watch your credit card charges, check in with anyone except stan, never ask to speak to Mike Patel because he'll hide.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends