“Wonderful”

Hot tub 1
Gas grill
Hot Tub Covered
Firepit
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Independence, Virginia
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 8 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

I found this cabin lovely. It was not that small. A previous comment made me 2nd guess my reservation but we went anyway. There was a loft with a king bed, 2 night stands, a chair and a dresser with a tv on it. Downstairs was a full kitchen, a dinning area, a large living room with a couch, 2 chairs, a coffee table, 2 end tables, a hide a bed that turned into a nice leather love seat/bench, a closet containing a washer/dryer combo, a full bathroom and a nice sized bedroom with a closet, two night stands and a dresser with a tv. I would take kids here, just watch small ones on the steps or take a baby gate. The hot tub was very clean. They clean it after each guest. There was a fire pit with 3 or 4 chairs around it, a gas grill and a charcoal grill like you find in parks. I was very satisfied. The staff where we got our keys were very friendly. They went out to pet our dogs. It was close to everything but far enough back to be private. While there are other cabins in sight that made me uncomfortable at first about using the outside hot tub, upon closer inspection, a big tree blocked most of any view the cabin on that side might have. Again. I was very satisfied and would stay here again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cabin itself
Liked least: A little closer to other cabins than I prefer but not bad.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
15 Aug 2016
Thank you for the great review! We are glad you enjoyed Crazy Wolf Cabin. We hope to see you (and your sweet dogs) in Maggie Valley again soon.
SJ F
“Love this cabin!”
Reviewed 2 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

This cabin was perfect! We came up to Maggie Valley to snowboard at Cataloochee, and the Crazy Wolf is right down the road from the slopes. There were four of us (two couples). This cabin is surprisingly spacious inside, and the hot tub and fire pit are definitely a plus, not to mention the easy to use gas fire place). You could definitely stay here with one or two kids, and even more, especially if you enjoy being outdoors as opposed to staying inside. It is so scenic here, I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't enjoy it, especially with how beautiful the surrounding area is. We never felt cramped or crowded. The loft bedroom is extremely comfortable and the extra blankets kept us cozy. This area is very quiet and peaceful. I would absolutely come back! This was a great weekend getaway for a reasonable price. We are already thinking about coming back in the summer to hike and explore. Long live the CRAZY WOLF!!!!!

Side note, I think I left my prescription sunglasses at the cabin, so if you stay here, please keep an eye out for them. :)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hot tub, fire place, loft bedroom
Liked least: I left my prescription sunglasses that I am pretty reliant on, and no one has tuned them in.
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
atmred
“Over priced very small”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Cabin is VERY small. Suitable for couple. Not suitable for small child as one room down stairs other king bed is up in loft. Hot tub on porch is not covered top just out in open. Paid over $ 600.00 for 3 night stay. 4 adults 1 child an was very cramped. Not a good price for such a tiny place.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
25 Aug 2014
So sorry to hear of your disappointment. We will be happy to find you a different, more suitable rental for you in the future. We do offer a repeat guest discount as well!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing