“Good family place”

Alex's Grill & Ice Cream
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Lewisville
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Alex’s is a family centered place to eat. The staff is very welcoming, the price are very reasonable and it is great fun to look at the rock and roll memorabilia. Save room for an ice cream cone!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

From the minute you walk in...you feel welcome .
The staff and the owner are genuinely friendly.
Menu has much to offer, but we always order burgers.
I highly recommend this neighborhood restaurant. The decor is fun & inviting...we love it!

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

I have been here several times and the burgers are always great. Prices are very reasonable. Easy off the highway but hidden gem!!

Reviewed 26 April 2018

When I moved to Lewisville, this was my spot. I ate here a lot. Mostly Reuben sandwiches and greek fare. One day I noticed the Black and Bleu salad (basically, a bleu cheese salad with steak on it), and it seemed a healthier choice, so I went with it.

I was eating this salad multiple times a week. Then one day, I noticed chunks of fat in my salad. It turned my stomach, but still wanting this healthy option, I tried it again, and again there was fat.

The next time I went in, I asked the cashier if they could keep the fat out of the salad. Frustrated, she explained that they just cut up the steak the way it is. I continued that, i they removed the large parts of fat before they diced the steak, it would help. She was obviously frustrated, and I was now uncomfortable.

Am I the only person who prefers a salad without fat chunks?

The experience left much to be desired, so I just stopped going back. Then, this past week, I was invited by my wife to meet the family there for lunch. I asked her to order me the salad, with the fat trimmed from the steak.

The photos speak for themselves.
If this is with the fat removed, what was it like before they trimmed it?
I pulled off what I could manage, and photographed it. It may not look like much in the photo, but I assure you it was.

I didn't finish my salad.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

I ordered a Mushroom Swiss Burger and fries. The burger was good but the fries were bland. They have very little flavor other than the oil they were cooked in. My friend put in her order but when she hesitated on her side she was offered just the entree instead of the whole meal since she was having a water. When she was given her total it was more than the price listed in the menu for the meal. She was told it was actually cheaper but the price for just the entree isn't listed in the menu and the price for the meal is wrong because the price has changed but the new menu hasn't come yet. No attempt was made to fix the price issue. The water from the soda machine was pink from the Cheerwine.
Once at our table our food was brought out but we were missing an order of spanakopita. The waitress said she'd be right back with it but it took a while to get so obviously had never been put in at the time of our order.

1  Thank Brandy B