Hotel FeelViana(Viana do Castelo)
US$292
Hotel Margarida da Praca(Viana do Castelo)
US$105
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$148/night.

Hotel Jardim Viana Do Castelo(Viana do Castelo)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$70
  • Breakfast included
Residencial Mira Rio(Esposende)(Great Value!)
US$64
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Hotel Laranjeira(Viana do Castelo)(Great Value!)
US$76
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$85/night.

Quinta Dom Sapo(Cardielos)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsthe main housenorthern portugalwonderful placeswimming poolmanor houselocal beachlocal restaurantsan oasishonesty barnational parkexcellent breakfastconverted outbuildingsfitness roomrecommend staying herewithin reachlonger stayher husband
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights in the main house. Our room was perfect, beautifully decorated, with everything we needed and a great breakfast each day.

This proved to be a good place to be based in order to visit the surrounding areas. We found lots of great restaurants (mainly fish as that is what we prefer) within a few miles drive of the hotel.

We would definitely use this lovely hotel again if in the area.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tina F
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

מקום מקסים, מומלץ
We stayed one night at the main house as part of our walking trip on the Atlantic route, we were two couples and received two lovely bedrooms with new modern bathrooms (for each room of course ) and a joined specious living room where you can sit to relax, read or watch television.
Rooms styling is fabulous, the house was originally built on the 15th century and is still owned by the family .
We were warmly welcomed by lovely Fatima who showed us the place and suggested restaurants for dinner. Please note that if you prefer to have dinner at the house you need to let them know in advance.
I felt one night was too short to stay, I think if you plan to tour the area from Porto to northern Portugal by car you better stay a few nights there.
Facilities are great and include pool, tennis court and gardens.
Breakfast is served in another charming building; you can eat outside in the garden if weather is good.
I definitely recommend staying here and hope to come back for a longer stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Quinta do Monteverde offers a very relaxing environment, perfect for a getaway from the busy city life. Once you go inside, you feel like you are being transported to another century, yet with all the comfort from the XXI century. I stayed at one of the main house bedrooms, which keeps the original style of the house. I also checked out the modern bedrooms and they look beautiful and very well integrated in the space. I definitely recommend staying here, either for a weekend with friends or for holidays with the family.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Luisa S
Reviewed 5 March 2018

I and my wife stayed at Quinta do Monteverde to take part of the 60th birthday celebration of a great friend. All was impeccable!!! Nice decoration, full comfort in the rooms, amazing breakfast and perhaps the best service I have ever received in a hotel (being a world traveler, also for work, I can assure I have been to many hotels in my life).
Catarina, Pedro, and Raquel were extremely kind and helpful. Even my small disappointment for not finding classical portuguese sweets this time in Portugal (doces coloniais) was duly taken care by Pedro! I was astonished.... Quinta do Monteverde is truly a jewel in northern Portugal. Strongly recommend.

Room Tip: If you stay at 'Terrace Suite Eira' be ready for a breathtaking view of the beach!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank JOSE HENRIQUE N
Reviewed 16 September 2017

This remains a delightful place to stay, to rest, to recuperate and recharge batteries. José & Fatima, along with Raquel and the team do everything to make your stay memorable with a maximum of comfort and a minimum of stress. The location - just over a mile from the beach in the middle of a quiet country village in the North of Portugal - and the setting - a walled large garden with villa, cottages, pool, tennis court - ensures seclusion and tranquillity. At the same time, you can nip down to the beach, do some shopping in the village, or Viana (10-15 mins in the car) and Porto is only about 40 mins away. The breakfasts are legendary and the choice of simple local restaurants with amazing fresh fish and seafood means you could eat at a different restaurant every night of the week. Wonderful.

Room Tip: If you plan to prepare your own lunch at the Quinta - easy, with local produce - ask for a cottage as they have kitchenettes.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family