“Fantastic Food and Service”
Review of Argyles Restaurant

Argyles Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 70 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Cuisines: Seafood, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours
Description: This year the Argyles Restaurant will be serving breakfast as well as dinner. Owner chef Debra Argyle in the kitchen, offers a variety of delicious, unique, and quality dishes with creative and surprising flavors that will please everyone in your party. Our goal is to provide great food and great service to even greater customers. As owners of Argyles Restaurant, we take pride in being a true family business. Breakfast is served Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM till 12 PM and Dinner is served from 4 o clock- 9PM with daily specials. We are creating some of your favorite dishes from the past as well as some exciting new offerings. From our fresh local seafood, organic herbs, and locally grown vegetables, we are bringing the best the area has to offer to our plates. Check out the menu section to see these mouth watering dishes. Stop in for our Craft Martini's and beers and remember all day Happy Hour!
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We just happened to pull in and give this restaurant a try as other places nearby were mobbed. So glad we did, excellent food and excellent service (thank you Brian)! Very hospitable, friendly staff who welcomed and seated us immediately Quite a variety on the menu, food is outstanding and you can tell that it is freshly prepared. Crab dip appetizer was so good. Scallops were fantastic, the fish taco bowl and coconut shrimp were excellent. I had the fish special tonight and it was exceptional. From the outside the establishment looks nice and quaint. Maybe a bit small from the highway and it’s easy to roll by but the food and service here is really outstanding. Definitely will plan to go back again, it’s excellent.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Did the rounds of restaurants on the beach road on our last day of our first vacation in the OBX trying to find one we hadn’t been to that didn’t have a wait - at 4:30 PM! No luck, so we swung over to the highway and my wife happened to see Argyles with only a few cars in front, so we gave it a try.

We were greeted by PJ, the owner, and seated immediately in a corner table in an almost empty restaurant. By the time we got our drinks (a short wait), it was starting to fill up with more patrons. My mojito was very weak and tasted like soda water with mint. My wife got some sort of hot and spicy martini which was really neither hot nor spicy.

The food was quite another story. My ahi tuna spring rolls were fantastic, two large perfectly cooked rolls served with wasabi and seaweed salad. My wife’s Caesar’s salad with chicken was a meal in itself, so much so that she didn’t order an entree. The salad was not drowned in dressing like so many are, and there was more than enough perfectly done chicken. I ordered the boneless short ribs and got two huge pieces of tender, tasty beef served with a large portion of Mac and cheese and an apple slaw that was amazing. Believe me, I can eat, and I was hungry, but even with my wife helping me a little, I still had to take almost half of it home.

Service was just ok. Waitress seemed a little confused and slow at times - we didn’t know there were specials until we overheard the waiter at the next table.

The food more than made up for the minor service shortcomings and the disappointing cocktails.

Highly recommend this place. Will definitely go back if we visit OBX again. There’s lots of things on the menu I’d like to try.

1  Thank Pinchloaf
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Drove down from Va Beach to meet up with family visiting the OuterBanks. Suggested meeting at Argyles and we were not disappointed. Our table was ready and waiting for all 8 of us. The Shrimp Daniel was a big hit with 4 of us, and the others enjoyed pasta, Duck and Steak. All said their meal was excellent. Cudos to our server, Daisy, who took great care of our crew! As usual, we were not disappointed.

Larry and Marilyn T

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Wonderful traditional Outer Banks seafood and shell fish dishes but you will be pleasantly surprised with dishes like Chefs Pasta Provencal, Maple Leaf Breast of Duck, Wasabi and Coriander Crusted Ahi Tuna and on Sunday a special of Prime Rib. They have steamers of shrimp, snow crab legs, oysters and clams as well as burgers and veggie dishes. Oh yes save room for desserts made next door at the bakery. Would be great for 2 or 20. Entertainment some nights so call ahead. Ask for Brian a super great waiter.

Reviewed 9 June 2018

We were there on Tuesday where they have special prices when some select entrees purchased with other select entrees. I had the Shrimp Daniel that looked great on the plate but the crab stuffed shrimp still had the tails on them, which meant we needed to disassemble the shrimp / stuffing to remove the tail. Also the "crab" stuffing had very little crab. The shrimp was served over rice, which was starchy and over cooked. My wife enjoyed the Beach Burger (pulled pork) though the coleslaw was too spicy for her. The highlight of the meal was the salad with the Key Lime dressing. This was great and I would highly recommend ordering this.