“Good food and service”

Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 13 June 2018

We had dinner here one evening looking for some raw oysters. Since raw bar is in their name, we assumed they would have some, but we were wrong. They said they weren't "in season". I guess they just were in season for them because the place down the road had them. But the food here was good, as well as the service, even though it wasn't exactly what we were after. We would eat here again the next time we are in town.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Brought my son to the beach for a few days after high school graduation and this was literally the first place we went to eat. He loved it and I have been coming here for over 15 years....love the service, food, and atmosphere. Never a complaint. A OBX tradition for me and my family.

1  Thank SteelerLady816
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

My family stayed at Kill Devil Hills for seven days. We thought this would be a good place to go and relax after 13 hours of traveling. My family of 13 visited this restaurant on May 28th. When we got there we were told there was a one hour wait, we decided to leave our name and take a walk to the beach and come back in 30 minutes. We came back to the restaurant and my husband ordered a beer from the bar. Twenty minutes later he went up to the bartender and asked for another beer. The bartender continued to ignore my husband and after several requests he was told he could not serve him any more. My husband, confused, asked him if he was joking. The bartender looked down on the ground and said he was intoxicated and could no longer serve him. My family was extremely upset on how my husband was treated and we left the restaurant without eating. If I could give this restaurant a 0, I would. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting this area.

1  Thank Kim T
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

The food was delicious and different. I had a shrimp in curry sauce with banana and it was yummy. Definitely not something I would cook myself! My son doesn’t usually like shrimp, but he ate all of the shrimp with the Jerk seasoning that came with his steak. I definitely would go again.

1  Thank BrigidCF
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Been here before but in August when everybody is crowded--today was such a great surprise! Maria our server was on the ball and gave great reviews/previews of the food and drinks. Had the wrap du jour--chix salad with roasted garlic and avacado aioli--great! Also an Arrogant Bast**d beer--great choice! Plus an interesting group of guests...never forget!! 4-5 +++!!!

1  Thank SirReal616