All reviews no elevator beach shuttle continental breakfast golf cart shuttle bagels room was clean exterior door the main highway small hotel convenient location one night stay third floor public beach access older hotel outer banks short walk to the beach toilet paper
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

It’s an affordable hotel, not the greatest. The bed are like rock, for a family of 4 adults a double bed is uncomfortable. The check in process was a complete mess, I booked a room with 2 double beds and I opened the I had a king bed, I had to go back to the front desk after she looked in the computer for about 10-15 mins, Aleluya she found a double room for us, the breakfast is not good, just 3 different cereals, milk, coffee, bagels and muffins. The location is great! The pool was nice. The room were clean, the A/C does the job, but it wasn’t super cold.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed in the quality of the room for $200 a night. The size of the room was fine, but the awful, (I mean awful) smell of old cigarette smoke, mildew, and feet was astonishing! I was grateful that we did not have to spend very much time in the room. The staff was friendly. Would not stay again.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

My name is Lisa Stell it was how children
We adopted first vacation and looking at disappointing faces about your hotel waz heartbreaking.The these are very dangerous things in your hotel that could of easily hurt one of our children I believe you need a refund our money. This was a horrible hotel.The spout in the tub was barely hanging on and the hand railing was nasty, the towel rack was hanging out of the wall. Mold was on the ceiling ,the table in the room was unstable and falling apart

Reviewed 18 August 2018

Usually, I try to gauge a place with pictures and reviews like most people, but I also realize not everyone has the same standards I do. (This was my first trip to the Outer Banks)
This hotel was nothing like I hoped or imagined it to be. It was filthy, it was noisy and it was pricey for what it was. I wish I could have left and gone elsewhere, but everything was booked so I was stuck there. I tried to get housekeeping to clean, but when I returned to my room it was still dirty. They insulted my intelligence by using some Lysol spray so I would think it was cleaned, but it was not.
Next time I come to the Outer Banks I'm going to have to stay at a name brand hotel where I know and can expect certain standards.

Room tip: Get a different hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night in peak season. Was pleasantly surprised! Very friendly and efficient front office staff. Located a block and a half from public beach access in KD Hills. The hotel is well worn and you can hear others in hall, but our room was clean and the AC was working well. Each room has a small fridge and pool towels are provided. There is a basic continental breakfast spread in the am. All in all...A good value!

Date of stay: August 2018
Cai P, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. Thank you for your kind words and positive feedback about our staff and your over all experience during your stay at our hotel. I sincerely hope you enjoyed your visit to the Outer Banks as well.