“Tiny, uncomfortable seats, good food.”
Review of Food Dudes

Food Dudes
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Based on the reviews, my husband and I gave this place a try. We showed up at 1:45 for a late lunch and were seated 40 minutes later. Not completely unexpected bases on other reviews. We ended up moving from the bar to a table that opened because the bar stool seats were incredibly small and super uncomfortable. As soon as we sat, my husband noticed a party if 3 that came in after us - they were already seated and eating their food. Not what you want to see when you're starving and waited 40 minutes to be seated. I had the sweet chili catch of the day (mahi) with mango pineapple salsa and rice which was good. He had a jerk fish sandwich with waffle fries and said it was decent. We may give it one more try for taco Thursday - many reviews mention delicious sounding taco options, but on other days of the week it's just the basics unless they're offering a special. Wasn't as wowed as I thought I would be, but it was decent food.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This place is tiny but the taste is huge! Their daily specials were phenomenal but there regular menu was to die for as well. Highly recommend the crab cakes and the fish tacos. Move over Tortuga’s Lie, these are the best fish tacos on the beach!

1  Thank Shawn M
Reviewed 24 June 2018

We all had great meals for lunch and the service was great as well, but it’s small and fills up quickly.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Went for dinner after someone at our hotel recommended Food Dudes to us at the pool. Love the mix of seafood and Mexican. Rave reviews all around from my friends. The fish tacos we're so good. The marinade on the mahi mahi has a little heat, not too hot, but very tasty. The blackened salmon wrap was very flavorful and delicious. The mahi mahi wrap was so big, my friend was unable to finish. She was a little bit mad about that. I will definitely go here again and will recommend FDK to all of my friends who visit the OBX.

1  Thank Jodonna1
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We stopped in here for a quick casual bite and were happy to arrive early to get a seat. This place filled up quickly. I had the pulled pork tacos and they were okay..nothing special, not seasoned like carnitas. Reasonable prices and quick service.