“view and convenience out weigh the negatives”

Review of Summer Winds A-202

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
scott d
Herndon, Virginia
“view and convenience out weigh the negatives”
Reviewed 15 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

The pictures of the place do not do the balcony view justice. I am sitting there now writing this and the view is outstanding plus always a breeze. The layout is fine with a few oddities. The washer dryer is out the front door in a separate adjacent door and took me two days to figure out. We arrived and the beds were made, however, the sheets and towels were in a big bag. We have three queens (2 bedrooms and couch) yet there was only one queen set here. We called and in 20 minutes we had the rest. Comes with eight sets of towels as well. The kitchen is small and if you are in a family that everybody wants to help cook this is not for you. Works fine for my family as we all take turns doing the meals. The fitness center is not so great and the wifi is the worst. Dont believe high speed wifi part as it is slow and you are constantly getting disconnected. Pools are nice and convenient to this condo. The beach is beautiful and right outside your door. If it was my place I would put in bigger TV's and maybe replace the fold out sofa bed. It is not comfortable to sit on. I would come back here again for sure. I stayed here in August but the page said that was in the future so I put July.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
12 May 2017
Thank you for your review of your stay at Summer Winds A-202. This condo is set up to provide all that you need to enjoy your beach vacation, but as you mentioned it does not have all of the modern conveniences many people have in their own homes such as televisions in each room. I hope this was offset by the fantastic direct ocean view, balcony, large pools, and easy beach access. Summer Winds is an older complex and it affords guests the ease of access to both Atlantic Beach and Emerald Isle. I hope you and your group were able to venture out and explore all our island has to offer, and I hope you will come again.
Watkinsfa...
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 20 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Condo was great! Complex was very quiet and family friendly on our visit. The AC was broken our first day, but the maintenance staff fixed it that night! Three pools in the complex meant it was never crowded. The exercise equipment is somewhat dated, but worked just fine. We will definitely be back!

Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
pa
Reviewed 17 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
NC
Reviewed 9 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing